Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 134

Merry arsing christmas you upper class gits

:iconmajatek:
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's Christmas again, and buying gifts equals bigger expenditures, that and certain families expect their yearly free stuff that they shouldn't come to expect it because they are GODDAMAN GIFTS YOU SOD, I GIVE YOU THEM WITHOUT YOU NEEDING TO ASK. While those who have high bloody incomes have the income that would support both paying the bills and for materialistic crap we force ourselves to buy on "special events", building PC's is not a high income job, especially since Tasmania - where I live - has a huge deficit and the highest unemployment rate in the entirety of Australia.

Some people might say OH BUT WHERE'S YOUR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT YOU GRINCH? It evaporated as debt made its presence known. If I wasn't drowning in the Tasmanian debt that I'm getting sick of (which is also causing the greater percentage of Tasmania to be lower/working class slaves), I'd be able to enjoy Christmas because I'd be able to spoil myself with a brand new PC that I've been planning to build for the greater part of this year.

tl;dr I'm butthurting again because I'm stuck with a middling/low income, stuck in the asscrack of Australia, and stuck in a ever plummeting financial income and I'm getting jealous of all the lucky ducks that slaved their lives away to not be in debt.

I'm an indie game designer and a PC builder. I'm not a goddamn lawyer or some other high-class high-income earning work slave. :stare:

My reaction to successful employees, employers, the government and finally, Santa Claus: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsonrie-mucho:
Sonrie-mucho Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Maybe you should find other poor folks to celebrate christmas with so that you won't be the only one who can't afford gifts. Fortunately, you can even have barbecue and go swimming even.
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I'm a cleaning lady and I've managed to buy a present for both my parents and my sister. And do you know why? Because I'm raised in an environment where we don't expect 500 Euro presents and are happy to receive 5 Euro gifts because it's about the SYMBOL OF GIFTING in stead of receiving a huge ass present.
:iconaleistersoltaria:
AleisterSoltaria Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012   Artist
You're life sucks, bro.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconyourplz: :stare:
:iconebonsong:
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
You could write them all each a personalized letter about what the spirit of Christmas means to you and how they've personally made an impact in your life. It's something worth framing as it is definitely a great way to remind people how much you care about them. And they can display it year-round.

If in the end, all they can think about is material or pricy gifts, then THEY are the Scrooge/Grinch.

Best of luck.
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional Photographer
I'm making my family baked goods for Christmas. :dummy:
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
*they are
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
And there are?
:iconilovebigcats:
ILoveBigCats Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Best presents ^^
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Professional Photographer
If I got sweets for Christmas, I would be totally happy because pregnancy has stricken me with an insatiable sweet tooth.
:iconkokomaniac:
KokoManiac Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
When my mom came home and found out my family ate majority of the ice-cream she said we were only getting food for Christmas. We all just said ok.
Food is the answer....
:iconcopaceticchaos:
CopaceticChaos Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Do what I did. Make snowmen out of cottonballs, googly eyes, and felt. They'll be so captivated with it's adorablness that they won't notice that you didn't get them jack shit.
:iconsauti-alamisi:
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
In Australia, it's summer on Christmastime.
:iconcopaceticchaos:
CopaceticChaos Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student General Artist
Make a cottonball Santa then.
:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
I'm not getting a single thing for xmas and I don't even care.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Good thing you're not me. :highfive:
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't celebrate Christmas this year just because the rest of my family is in another continent. :saddummy:
:iconhewhoflewandfell:
Hewhoflewandfell Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
lol write everyone a nice card and stick some ribbon on it :) works EVERY TIME (because surely your friends knos you well enough to to expect tablets or anything)
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
You really are missing/don't understand the Christmas spirit if you think Christmas is all about buying expensive gifts and getting material goods.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You really are missing/don't understand the point of my post if you think that I'm depressed/annoyed by Christmas is all about me just not having the money to buy expensive gifts and getting material goods.
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Then tell me where the rest of your thread is, because all I see is materialistic bitching.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
"WHERE'S YOUR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT YOU GRINCH? It evaporated as debt made its presence known" :roll:
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
...That's my point.

Poor people can have Christmas too. Amazing Christmasses. You're incredibly petty and materialistic to think otherwise.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'll celebrate Christmas when I have the possibility of losing all my possessions and my house due to debt. Yaaaaay. :roll:

I'm so petty and materialistic. Yeah. :roll: :roll: :roll:
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
You don't get it at all do you? Christmas doesn't cost money. YOU make it cost money.
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I still have to pay rent. :roll:
(1 Reply)
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
GET A REAL JOB HIPPIE
A job is defined as paid work, which is what I certainly am doing as a computer technician so I don't know why you're saying that, lol, considering that I do have a job that's not fake. It's certainly not imaginary. :rofl:
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
u r 1 cheeky kunt m8
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
The way you worded this made you sound British :lol: Maybe I should lay off the BBC comedy...
Aw who am I kidding? :crying:
I'm hoping I can find another job in the next week so I can actually buy stuff for my family. It's something I enjoy doing, but they'll also make me feel like a cheapskate if I don't...
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012   Traditional Artist
My family themes our Christmases so they can be cheap for everyone. We've done homemade/thriftstore, stocking stuffers (Which was done to allow for a wide range of prices), and food (so that it would actually be used). This year is paper.

I bought one thing to make all of my side of the family's gifts. I made ornaments. It probably turns out to be less than a cent per gift. The wrapping is costing me more money than the gifts.
Last year I made fudge and packed it in tins I got at the dollar store. I actually did it for my husband's family, too.
:iconnicolettethestrange:
Nicolettethestrange Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
That's such a clever idea... sounds like fun too!
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012   Traditional Artist
Food was awesome. But I do like getting stuff I can play with more. I have big hopes for paper.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Bake cookies or something. Everybody likes cookies...
Majatek Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
BUT I'M A MAN.

I DON'T MAKE SANDWICHES, MY NATURAL HABITAT IS PLAYING HARDCORE FPS GAMES AT MY GAMING DESK.
Go BUY a box of cookies and some little bags. Put cookies in little bags and tie with ribbon, voila! Looks like you totally made them!

*Did it for friends and girlfriend last years (hers was of course, bigger and with a little puppy sticker). They didn't notice a thing*
"BUY"

Hahahahahahaha, I would if I could.
Hewhoflewandfell Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
......no COOKIES? :iconimhorrifiedplz:
:iconrua--briongloid:
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There is nothing worse than being forced by my mother to buy a gift for my greedy selfish hateful grandmother. I do it out of respect for my own mother but that woman... My grandmother likes to pick favorites among the family. Me and my brothers have never been in that exclusive group because we respect and love our mother dearly and wouldn't bitch about personal things to the GM. I can hardly afford much this Christmas with my low wage but it takes the cake that, that woman expects it every year and if we didn't get her anything she'd be on the phone that very day crying about how her grandkids who she sees maybe once every two years don't love her. Also she's well off and here's the thing, She never gets anyone anything for Christmas. Ughhhh....
:iconemberguard:
Emberguard Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012   General Artist
Draw her something?
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I did that once, She threw a tantrum
Emberguard Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   General Artist
Gee, at least drawing requires time and effort into making the present. Too bad she can't see it as something that shows you care more then if it was just a shop bought present which requires little to no effort to look for and buy
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeeeeah. No appreciation. Takes me 2 weeks to paint on canvas and she just through it away. I was so damn mad.
Emberguard Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012   General Artist
Would there perhaps be any way to go on an outing with her somewhere as a present to her with you paying any expensises while on the outing? Surely it'd mean something to her if you spent time with her?
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I suggested that once and she said she'd rather burn in hell~~~ Oh Grandma, U so nice~
Emberguard Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012   General Artist
And she still expects her grand kids to love her? How can she expect that when she can't even spend time with you?
(1 Reply)
a nice hand knitted scarf?
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Can't knit sadly
aw *pat pat* it's ok many scarves on market for relatively cheap
Rua--Briongloid Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ha not in the christmas market over here, They're robbing bastards.
Add a Comment: