Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 93

How Many More Deaths Before Gun Control?

:iconcody-h:
Cody-H Dec 12, 2012  Student Photographer
Good morning. Yesterday, someone took a gun to a Mall and shot people at a Mall in Organ. How great.

Video + Info: [link]

How many more “Public” shootings is it going to take before Gun Control is Enforced (or even aknowledged)? So far there have been shootings in Schools, Movie Theaters, and now Malls. This really annoys me so much that people still don’t push for Gun Control, even after this. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want to be shot at your school, mall, or while seeing a Movie, or loosing a family or relationship there either. This directly makes me feel un-safe in this world. Some type of move towards gun control, just Something. I would like to be able to go out in public and not worry about getting shot at places I go daily.

-Colorado’s Columbine
-Colorado’s Movie Theater (Longmont)
-Organs Mall (Clackmas Town Center)

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Dec 12, 2012  Student Interface Designer
:lock: at request of the OP :)
:iconcommandereve:
CommanderEVE Dec 12, 2012  Student Photographer
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to have this thread locked, I understand what you guys are saying, but I'm done with this discussion. The people are to blame, because of abusing guns. I also found out the gun was stolen, so that kind of backfires on my thread. :shrug:

Thanks again though. Note me if you still feel like talking about it, though I'm kind of done with this.

Be safe, everyone! :meow:

:iconcody-h: Cody
:icondarkanddefiant:
"organ"?

yes, a gunshot wound to an organ is fatal.
:icongraveyardbat:
It's not the laws that are the problem but people. I think we should be educated about weapons and guns at a young age.
:iconabuthar:
Abuthar Dec 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
There are already 'strict gun laws' in place. And you may disagree, but criminals who kill people with guns aren't exactly following the laws already in place, so why would they follow new laws? More strict gun laws would just make it harder for normal, good law abiding citizens to obtain fire arms to protect themselves. what if there were people in that mall carrying guns? they could have just shot the guy and saved tons of people. this happens all the time. ( [link] )
Giving more people guns is not going to help out very much.
:iconthegroovymurphy:
TheGroovyMurphy Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
what if there were people in that mall carrying guns?

They would've probably shot the guy and kill ten bystanders with stray bullets.
:iconkawaii-cookies:
kawaii-cookies Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
:shrug: I'm not into politics
:iconnirvanagenesis:
You don't need to capitalize every other word.
Add a Comment: