Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

I'm so stupid, I'm brilliant

:iconmasterinsanity:
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Writer
You would think that I would have learned the last time I lost the draft of my novel, but nooo. I switched OS-es recently and forgot to back my shit up. Cue the kneejerk, too-late-to-go-back, OH SHIT reaction as it dawns on me that I just lost half a years worth of work. Proceed with maniacal sobbing and eating of cookie dough ice cream.

Next day, I realize, after a night of beating myself to hell and back, that I had uploaded the entire draft onto sta.sh to make it easier to share. Being too lazy to delete my things promptly saved my ass.

TL;DR: One count of stupid saved me from making another stupid mistake.

Complaint: I'm complaining that I was stupid enough to make the same damn mistake I made a little while ago.

Bonus complaint: I'm out of ice cream :iconsadhungryplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
I want ice cream. ;n;
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Writer
Awoooo.
:iconrendjur:
rendjur Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
You can invest in one of those cloud router things (don't know what they're exactly called). As long as it's hooked up to your modem (assuming you weren't lazy enough to keep Dial-up internet :P), whatever files you put on it can be accessed anywhere.

You should also try Dropbox.

Or you could just try backing everything up every few months or so.
:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
You can get a 32GB flash drive for $30 now. The one I have clips to my lanyard and I keep all my important shit on it. Just a suggestion.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Noooooope. Nope nope nope. I have my shit backed up in multiple places. Laptop drive, PC drive, touchpad, and several cloud storages (Box.net, Ubuntu One, Sta.sh, the account that came free with my laptop, etc.). I don't ever want to play the Oh Shit Game myself. :no:
:iconninjaslug:
Ninjaslug Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was going to laugh at you, but much like our RPs, this complaint is completely devoid of any conflict to laugh at :(.

(ouchburn)

:heart:
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Writer
I'll take that suggestion into consideration but, much like your penis, it won't be used anytime soon.

(you need some ice for that burn, hon? :lol:)
Ninjaslug Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'll pretend that that was a suggestion, just like I pretend you're an attractive human being.

(Nah, ice is actually REALLY bad for burns. Run it under lukewarm/cool water)
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Writer
While we're pretending, let's pretend you're worth the molecules you're made of. Far out idea, huh?

(Really?)
Ninjaslug Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's hardly a burn, you're just insulting me now :unimpressed:

(Yeah. The temperature shock and freeze-aspect of putting ice on a burn is more damaging than if you had only been burned and done nothing to it.)
Add a Comment: