Sensory-Related Dream States

So some time in the past six or so hours I ended up dozing off. I had this bizarre, House MD related dream, but that's not the important part. toward the end of the dream there was this extremely rotten odor. When I woke up, I could somehow still smell it. It was utterly disgusting, so I went to go look for a possible source of the foul odor, only for it to fade on its own. A figment of my dream addled imagination.

WHAT THE HELL, BRAIN?
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well it's just a dream isn't it?

Or maybe it's because you got kicked out of college??
:stare: I've been having vivid, weird-ass dreams for the past week. I don't know if it's due to being sick or stressed, but it's TOTALLY AWESOME. Normally my dreams aren't that in-depth and I forget most of 'em after I wake up. these are like full-blown movies in my brain.
Is it like hallucinogenic drugs without the substance abuse?
maybe???? i have never taken drugs i cant make that comparison :noes: the first dream was a great three-parter about zombies. although my dream boyfriend got killed ;__; then another was about an orphanage that was infected with sentient, poisonous plants. also Walter White from Breaking Bad keeps showing up. I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT SHOW.
It wasn't lupus, actually. The diagnosis kept changing. If I recall it was nodular melanoma secondary to some sort of immune condition. Or something.
Lupus IS an autoimmune condition. And it wouldn’t matter which autoimmune disease it was. They all have the same treatment -steroids. :D

Also the diagnosis changes at least 4 times in EVERY episode.
I'm telling you, it wasn't Lupus! It's never Lupus! Except that one time...

[link]
I hate dreams like that. Mine are always weird as hell too. :lol: Once, I had a dream that I was fighting a monster and it picked me up and flung me against a concrete wall. I woke up with a terrible backache. Or more recently, I had some inception shit going on. I fell asleep in my dream, and when I woke up(still in the dream) there was this weird decaying person-zombie/slenderman type thing laying right next to my face. It totally jolted me awake and when I actually woke up, it was still there for a few seconds. The brain can be a giant troll when it comes to the senses.
I hate those dreams where you end up falling to your death then jerking awake :roll:
I don't think I've ever really fallen to my death, but in dreams I have gone into cardiac arrest and been mauled to death by a bear! :dummy:
You probably just farted in your sleep.
Is my colon trying to kill me?
I think it's actually your whole body acting through your colon.
I'ma just have to get a robot body, then.
I could've made a really awesome joke to that...
But last time someone joked about you, you got severely butt hurt.
Maybe that's why your colon hates you. :D
Ohhhhh I see what you did there. :iconohyouplz:
You should've seen what I was gonna do first before I changed it.
View all replies
I'm one of those people that dreams a lot about my teeth falling out, and usual it's really vivid. I can feel the looseness of my teeth and sometimes I lick the spot where the tooth has fallen out and I can taste my gums. It's so real, I'm usually surprised when I wake up and all my teeth are still there.
This reminds me of the time a sewer rat hitched a ride under my mother's car hood from her office in Atlanta. That smell was unique, to say the least.

You probably have rats.
Not even sure rats are native to this area. Squirrels are though.
Rats are native to sewers.