Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

Sensory-Related Dream States

:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
So some time in the past six or so hours I ended up dozing off. I had this bizarre, House MD related dream, but that's not the important part. toward the end of the dream there was this extremely rotten odor. When I woke up, I could somehow still smell it. It was utterly disgusting, so I went to go look for a possible source of the foul odor, only for it to fade on its own. A figment of my dream addled imagination.

WHAT THE HELL, BRAIN?

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: OP request.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Well it's just a dream isn't it?

Or maybe it's because you got kicked out of college??
:iconcamera-wielding-fool:
Camera-wielding-fool Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
:stare: I've been having vivid, weird-ass dreams for the past week. I don't know if it's due to being sick or stressed, but it's TOTALLY AWESOME. Normally my dreams aren't that in-depth and I forget most of 'em after I wake up. these are like full-blown movies in my brain.
Is it like hallucinogenic drugs without the substance abuse?
:iconcamera-wielding-fool:
Camera-wielding-fool Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
maybe???? i have never taken drugs i cant make that comparison :noes: the first dream was a great three-parter about zombies. although my dream boyfriend got killed ;__; then another was about an orphanage that was infected with sentient, poisonous plants. also Walter White from Breaking Bad keeps showing up. I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT SHOW.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Photographer
:iconhouseplz::iconsaysplz: You have lupus
It wasn't lupus, actually. The diagnosis kept changing. If I recall it was nodular melanoma secondary to some sort of immune condition. Or something.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Photographer
Lupus IS an autoimmune condition. And it wouldn’t matter which autoimmune disease it was. They all have the same treatment -steroids. :D

Also the diagnosis changes at least 4 times in EVERY episode.
I'm telling you, it wasn't Lupus! It's never Lupus! Except that one time...

[link]
:iconnoxxbunny:
NoxxBunny Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I hate dreams like that. Mine are always weird as hell too. :lol: Once, I had a dream that I was fighting a monster and it picked me up and flung me against a concrete wall. I woke up with a terrible backache. Or more recently, I had some inception shit going on. I fell asleep in my dream, and when I woke up(still in the dream) there was this weird decaying person-zombie/slenderman type thing laying right next to my face. It totally jolted me awake and when I actually woke up, it was still there for a few seconds. The brain can be a giant troll when it comes to the senses.
Add a Comment: