Details

Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 162

Oh baaww! TV shows offend people.

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
My parents saw me watching some show called Snapped and freaked out. It was kind of like a police report of how some girl started dating this older dude but their parents opposed, so they killed them to be together.

They started yelling at me to change it because it was disgusting and offensive. Seriously, it's rated PG and they're so upset by it. My Dad claims it'll give me nightmares.

I'm an adult,this show is informative and gets the brain working, unlike most things I watch. They even tell me I'm watching stupid things when I watch stuff like Family Guy, South Park, etc. Do they just not want me to watch TV!? I don't even know, when I watch shows, they're either like 'That's offensive!' or 'You're too smart to be watching this.'

They only don't object when I watch things they like and if I do that, they won't shut up while I'm trying to watch it. :iconwtfboomplz:

((I just went in my room without finishing it by the way, I wasn't really into the show. I just find it ridiculous how I'm not allowed to watch a rated PG show.))

Tl;dr: Baaww parents are offended by my TV shows.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondragonflae:
Ohhh, I love Snapped.

Still not as good as Special Victims Unit, though.
:iconsora46:
least they didn't say ur to young to watch cartoon
:iconnashiil:
Nashiil Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
*sigh* Parents! XD Don't feel too bad, I'm 33 and my aunt still says the same things to me!
Well, that does make me feel a lot better. x3
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconphoenixleo:
I am starting to like Qi \o\
:iconzbugni:
zbugni Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist
My mom watches Snapped and gets me to come watch it with her if its a good episode.
Lucky you have a sane parent..
:iconwhimsiheart:
Ohhh, I love that show! I watch it all the time.
Homicide fascinates me.

It's a shame you can't enjoy your shows though...
I get the same crap from my mum from time to time.
And to be blunt, she can be more offensive than the damn show I'm watching.
Add a Comment: