Sleep Deprivation

Coursework deadlines are a thing. I submitted at 9AM today; at that point I'd gone 49 hours without sleep. My clock's current at 57 hours and I doubt I'm getting any till the 64 mark.

So, the minor hallucinations are starting to kick in and get pretty consistent.

Anybody else on a similar run or have similar instances to share?
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Get a lavalamp and stare at it :) That really helps.
Holy shit :stare: I can barely function without one night of sleep. I don't even wanna imagine how much of a raging bitch I would be after....what did you say, 66 hours? Yeah. I'd either scream my head off at everyone or drown them in my tears.
SLEEP DEPRIVATION IS BEST DEPRIVATION.

ʞɐǝʍ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ sı dǝǝןs
Your mind will eventually knock itself out when you become sleep deprived enough, you will start hallucinating/ talking to yourself, and your efficiency/mental levels will plummet. =P
Are you going for a world record? Also, I was up for about two days.
I got a personal best (66 hours eventually), but the world record is something over 11 days. Scarily impressive.
Oh wow. You do need to sleep though.
No, because when I was in college I knew how to budget my time and study for tests so I didn't have to deal with missing massive amounts of sleep, which would have made me worse anyways.
Why did you not go to sleep? :O
University work got calling. We're on 65 hours now; I'm genuinely impressed with myself.
Ah, I see. :O_o:

Is this a last minute mad rush thing or...?
It eventually got to 66 hours...

And yes. Deadlines creep up on me.
:O_o:

Ah.. yeah, you could save yourself some trouble there. :hmm:
If your university has a dormitory/residence hall, FIND A COUCH AND SLEEP ON IT.

My former Res Hall had the comfiest couches. :la:

Also, I know what it is to not have sleep. I get nightmares, so I force myself not to sleep rather often. I'll go between 30 and 40 hours with no sleep and then just up and pass out.
My friends think I have schizophrenia because I see things. ._.
Well, you can go roughly 30 days without sleep, but I wouldn't let it get that far.
Poor thing, I hope you find time to sleep... :heart:
i fell asleep while revising in class :lol: if that makes you feel better
I remember hallucinating. They were fucked up. Though accompanied with an interesting calm. Seriously, I seen a decapitated head on top of my bin ( it needed emptying :P ) and I just accepted it.
Yeah it was a weird time, I was terrified for quite a while about some thug, and it really wrecked my sleeping. I'm better now!
Glad to hear it! :) What was happening with the thug?