People that pass of edited photos as traditional artwork

This really rustles my jimmies, the artist in question, StephanieScarpetta. Does this all the time and mentioning it to her will just result in comments blocked.

[link]
[link]

trying to pass these off as oil pastel works is just offensive. Especially when uploading this kind of stuff:
[link] months before
Comments83
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Also, complaining about art theft is pathetic. Just report the hell out of it and move on.
Not your personal army.
Bit late for the party
She deactivated :<
What a cowardly way to deal with it
I'm glad someone is bringing this up. I noticed the guy from Iran (that this person stole from?) or whoever made these portraits, because he/she had done a portrait of Richard Armitage (whom I fangirl hard for :lol: ) and while I think the guy can draw, many of his artworks look like he applied a filter to a photo, but he's passing them off as original digital paintings.

People who draw and paint freehand (whether digital or traditional) are more apt to have WIPs that look like this: or this: (If they are better at drawing than I am, they won't have as many proportion errors as I do at the start, but the "progress" will usually look similar.) Usually a genuine artist who is drawing and painting "from scratch" will have big blocks of color area, or sketching lines, structure/alignment lines, and that sort of thing. I suppose there are a few artists who don't work this way, but most artists I've ever seen do.

When I see a "WIP" which is too perfect, too neat, I suspect something is up. It's not "proof," but I suspect strongly. And when the finished portrait is identical to the reference photo, even down to little strands of hair, and trivial wrinkles in the clothes, and background texture, to me that is a strong indication that they're either doing a photo manip or they're tracing very carefully. I can sometimes get the basic features of a face to "match up" with the photo (if you line them up in Photoshop) but never do I get every itty bitty hair strand and the texture of the fabric exact, and all that crap. That's simply not human, IMO.
It gets even better! she never even made ANY of the works herself [link] they all belong to this person:
shahin
Artist of the week - Nov. 23 to 29, 2008
Male
Iran Country: Iran
scrolling down shows multiple works that our stephanie has uploaded as her own, ill make sure to contact him and inform him about the fraud.
And bingo! [link] i managed to find the original tutorial that she claims as her own, she loves herself a cheeky bit of fraud doesnt she
In the tutorial it says ''I prefer a big paper (over 2000.2000pix)'',. Yet all her works are 400x600 or other random small sizes. I'm pretty sure both tutorials are stolen, woudnt be shocked either.
It's funny how the tutorials she put up it's both drawings that she's never posted before, and they both dont match her style either, i claim stolen.
Looking at how the colours are applied in the images it still looks dodgy.
She could be tracing...it's not particularly a difficult thing to do.
Report her work as a miscat, we are not your personal army. :B
They're nice pics, if only she had been honest about how they were made.

I mean, if she had said something like: "I made these to work with faces, colours, and digital tools, and I think they turned out rather awesome!" everyone would have just congratulated her on the nice results.
Well, even then she would have been lying, considering it turned out her entire gallery is stolen from a variety of artists. :B
Eh, who cares.
She just put this up.
[link]
Yeah a couple of problems with that:

1. There was an overlay done with one of her digital paintings in where the photo reference matched up exactly with the artwork that she posted

2. She took that one and changed it to a photomanipulation. What I don't understand is if that is her process, why did she change that one to photomanipulation? That doesn't any sense.

3. She lied about using oil pastels and it being traditional "mixed media" at first.
I take that back. She changed one to photomanipulations. :lol:
She told me that she's going to change them all to digital.
Then she'll probably get to it eventually.