If an employer, partner or anyone of significance ever googles me, I'm fucked

Seriously, I was a complete fucking idiot a few years ago. I have found threads from the complaints forum where I'm bitching about crushes who have 'BROEKN MAH HERT' and I think I nearly put my face through my wall.

This is seriously the most cringey thing ever.
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I was the same! :dummy:

It's why I moved accounts. :B
Both my maiden and married names don't even lead to me on the first page of a google search. That I can see.

You gave me the idea of searching for my old complaints threads on google, but I couldn't find the one I wanted. And even with quotes it still doesn't search the hyphens. Though, I now know that my "more like this" searches are horrifying and I need to clean up my gallery bad.
And that's why we love the internet so. STUPIDITY SHALL BE PRESERVED FOREVER!
I swap aliases every few years. Though now that I am older I can't do it as much because I have to combine my personal and professional lifestyles.
Too late, your life is now ruined forever :noes:
We all do dumb things. I just pray mine never pop up. :stare:
I'm lucky, my real name is common enough that I'm impossible to Google.
My real name is fairly common too. But if anyone were to find out my deviantart account name, i'd be easy to stalk
I've used the same username for everything since Jr High.

Of course I haven't posted anything stupid since I was like 17, so it's all faded out into nothing.
Don't ever have your real name attached to websites?
Delete all old profiles.
Did you use your real name once upon a time? Why would they google your deviantart username?
I use it for a lot of things, youtube, google+, it was my twitter account for a while but recently changed. I'm pretty easy to find, actually. I leave my intellectual property lying about all over the damn place.
I use my name through my twitter, facebook, youtube, and google+ because I use them all for work. Since I use all of them for work, I don't put stupid crap on them.

The moral of the story: don't put crap on the internet. It can and will get tracked back to you.
I know this now.

Unfortunately I can't go back in time 4 years and punch myself in the face :D

There's just way too much of it to delete, I'm not even sure I can delete deviantart forum posts that have been locked. They're just THERE FOREVER
Yes, yes they are.

Why don't you use a different username throughout your accounts now? That would be a simple and painless solution.
I've already started. I changed my username a few months ago because I've had this one for so many years. This is just the one I have for deviantart (which I rarely use now) and random accounts for things like GameFAQs
Then what's the complaint?
View all replies
Just pray that no one decides to care about your past that badly.

I dont think an employer will go so far as to find your years old angst and hold it against you lol
:lol: And this is why children don't belong on the internet.
But it was such a learning tool for me. :saddummy:
I'm thankful I was smart enough not to do this shit.
seriously can I go back in time and banhammer myself from the internet until I turn 18? Is that too much to ask?
How old are you now?