Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33

I've been thinking too much. Alternately: Why I think Reggie Fils-Aime is utterly worthless to Ninty

:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
In light of recent events, I've decided to finally make this complaint.

I'm incredibly biased when it comes to this, so be forewarned.

I've been sitting back on the sidelines, watching the incredibly silly decisions that Nintendo has been making in recent times.

Now I realize these decisions mostly aren't his fault, but I've been wondering since he became president of NOA, just how much use is Reggie and his "Food Marketing" background.

Mainly, I over-thought things, and realized there aren't any factors in making food marketable.
Taste and edibility are questionable factors at best, or McDonalds and Taco Bell would have gone the way of the dodo.

Looks, style, and smell don't matter, for similar reasons above. Price isn't handled by marketing, so I came to the conclusion that food marketing is mostly a braindead job.

More questionable still is why Reggie would seek to leave such a cushy deadend job, and why Nintendo even accepted him.

Was money involved or exchanged? Did he bribe his way in?

I don't know. The point of this complaint is: Why is a man from food marketing in a job that requires more brainpower than Princess Peach's voiceactor?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I don't have a nintendo, so I have no idea what you're talking about! :dummy:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
TL;DR: I think Nintendo is being managed poorly.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
okey!
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Reggie's pretty stupid....I mean, why on earth would you want to leave food marketing for a job for a company with the whiniest and self-entitled customers out there?
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
If not whiniest, why would you go to a company where consumers bootlick and kiss arse? And then rely on said arsekissing and bootlicking as 'valid feedback' as stated with the MiiVerse being used as a place of feedback? What kind of idiot goes within their own userbase for feedback?

:iconfliptable:
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Wait...you think Nintendo's consumers bootlick and kiss arse? :lol:

I take it you've never experienced most of video game companies' feedback is...right?
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Yes and no; but I've often asked why they've put up such poor quality games on Club Nintendo and looked at the ratings.
:icon-kron:
-kron Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
so what you're saying is that marketing fast food, which you seem to say has no redeeming qualities, is a job for retards.  that doesn't really add up.

if the merits of the product aren't on the surface than it takes something really fucking clever to sell it to people...
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
No, all it takes is an incredibly cheap price.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional
... I didn't understand a single fucking word you just posted.
Add a Comment: