Customers, why are some of you so angry? And have some general manners you douches!

Dafuck is with people acting all high and mighty towards cashiers.

Dear somewhat middle-aged man. I see you wish to purchase some christmas cards. I politely asked you if you need postal stamps, you said yes. So I asked the logical follow-up question, how many do you need? Your answer to this was a swift "Count the cards and tell me how many do you think I need, girl". Sir, go fuck yourself with a rake. I have no way to know for sure you need only 4 stamps. I don't know if you have a dozen more cards at home and you need stamps for those too, so I need to ask how many do you want. And you have no right to call me a "girl". People who are about as old as the fucking sky may call me that. Not you. Go jump in a pit you douche.

And customers, is it really that hard to put items back on their proper places if you decide you don't want it after all? I was taught to do just that because the people working at the store sure as shit have better things to do than clean up after me. If i pick up a, let's say shirt, and decide I don't want it, I fold that shit nicely and put it back where I took it. And now I work on retail and I could spend all day cleaning after customers who are generally twice my age and have zero manners. Yes I know I work there and cleaning the mess up is part of my job. the problem is that I might have more pressing things to do. So fuck you people too.

:icontealdeerplz: Kind of middle aged men are sensitive about postal stamps.
Comments142
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Customer service would be great if there were no customers. :dummy:
My mom works as a cashier at our local Meijer, and customers treat her like shit too.

I'm nothing but polite to cashiers, since I know full well that they can put the heavy stuff on top of my bread and smash it. :lol:
Part of me wishes you had thrown that bag of rotten ass in front of a speeding 18-wheeler. The world would only be better off. I'd have told him to go win a Darwin award. Your professionalism is admirable.
This season brings out the best and worst in everyone. I've had so many god-awful customers just this week that it's driven me to drinking (this is notable for me, since I'm not a big drinker; I do live in Wisconsin, but I'm not a native).
This...is relevant....I had a similar run in just yesterday...

The bitch was cranky so she took it out on me because I didn't remember her name...I serve 30-40 people per day so I only remember the regulars so its pretty unfair to expect me to remember every name. If she does it again I will tell her to treat the staff with a bit more respect or she can can find another place to go.
I am a devoted people's person. I put the items back on the shelves myself, even if that means walking all the way back to the entrance of the supermarket, from where I got them from.
Also I was told by my mom, who worked at a grocery store, to never pick the item that has the price on it (if in a small grocery store), but always chose the one behind it, that doesn't have the price.
This is EXACTLY why I stopped working retail. :iconeratsplz:
I know man, I work the cashier/retail as well.
It's just because it's Christmas. Everyone is on edge since they're buying shit with money they don't have, making them pissy. We get the end product.
still, I've come oh so close to telling someone to FUCK OFF while on shift. or reach over and slap the bastard.
god damn retail
I think people who put stuff like lettuce and cheese in the freezer section after they decide not to get it are the worst.

I do admit that I did leave a couple of small items in an empty endcap the other day. But based on the store, I don't think anyone was gonna move them back to the back of the store where they belonged.
I remember this middle-aged lady, who was trying to be all high and mighty, talking to me like I'm trash. She wanted a glass of white wine, so I asked her which one exactly and she just loudly sighed, rolled her eyes at me and said: Nevermind, I'll just have a Sprite.

Bitch, I know the wine list by heart, which country each type comes from and the names of the vineyards, so you can shove that "you're just an uneducated bimbo and have no sense of class" attitude up your wrinkly ass.:lol:
Oh, and to answer your question, no, it is not that hard to put the things back where they belong.
I always put stuff back where it actually goes. I also am never rude to any customer service employee.
Maybe the inconsiderate git couldn't count. D:
Well... some people take the saying "the customer is king" a little too far. I feel sorry for people who have to work in retail because that job requires some nerves as you have to deal with whims like that every day.

On the other hand I've experienced being treated like shit at the supermarket cashier a lot – though I think this is more of a German phenomenon than a global one – especially since cashier workers here are awfully fast. I mean that in the sense that they somehow expect you to have your money ready even before you reach the conveyor belt, pay with one hand and then at the same instant pack your stuff because once you got your return money they already start scanning the stuff the person behind you has placed on the belt – which sucks, because they also tend to scan stuff in the way they want to and not in the way it has been arranged (I usually arrange my stuff on the belt so that hard, heavy stuff like pickles in a glass or liquid containers can be packed first and fruits and vegetables that can't take any pressure come last). I mean, seriously? This is NOT good customer service. Plus they don't even have (self-service) express counters here.
They do that here in Austria sometimes, too. I hate the thought of the person in front stealing the stuff we have to pay for. The other day, some old lady stole a bag from my mom, which isn't that bad (although you do have to pay for them), and my mom thought she stole a 10€ pack of chicken, too, but luckily my mom forgot it or something because it wasn't on the receipt.
Oh oh, when I used to work in a store, some angry old fart stormed at me and started shoving his coupons in my face, screaming that we don't have the items that we apparently advertise. I calmly took his coupons, looked at them and pointed out that they were from a rival store.
He didn't say anything, grabbed those coupons and quickly ran off.:lol:
And you posted this as a reply to my post because...?
Because I too used to work in a big store and this is a public forum? :|
Yes, I get that. But I was wondering if it had anything to do with what I wrote.
Ugh, I hear ya. I work at a portrait studio, and yesterday this woman was so horrible to me. She had done pretty much every asshole thing in the book. I shall count the ways!

Demanded she needed her portraits today. Unfortunately, while this is typically not an issue, we were out of paper, and our manager who stocks the store is in Korea. I told her we can take her photos, but she would not get them for a week. (This is still a shorter wait than any other studio in town.) This absolutely WAS NOT OKAY with her. I give her the only option we had, which is to put them on a CD, and she can have them printed elsewhere. But since it comes with a copyright, this option can be a little pricey. She decided yes, she'll do that. So I tell her the price before I ring her up; okay, that's still fine. When I ring her up, suddenly: WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE? I don't want that! So I ring her up again without the CD.
Then I go to take her pictures, and she almost immedietly starts complaining that I'm not taking her picture fast enough. For me to do my job, I have to pose people before taking their picture, or it WILL look bad. She barks at me that "I'll just sit how I know will look good, and just take my fucking picture." So I do. When I show them to her she is livid, because they weren't flattering. I told her, "Well, I tried posing you, and you refused to let me do my job." She picks more pictures than she purchased, so it will only be like an extra five dollar difference. When I tell her this, shit really hits the fan, she's like "But I already PAID you! I should get all the pictures I want! You just want to steal my money! You fucking thief! I should've gone to sears, they're not fucking rip-off artists like you bastards!"

After she finally left, I felt near tears and was completely nauseous for the rest of the day. I made her skin extra oily.

--------
HOWEVER, today, two passing people yelled in my store "Hey, hey you! You're beautiful!!"
And a woman gave me a very nice tip (we never get tips), because I made her baby smile for his pictures, and apparantly most people can't.

So it's not all bad! :D
Good god what a bitch. If i wanted to have my pictures taken, I'd let the photographer do their fucking job. because I'm pretty sure they know how to make people look nice. Just wtf. :stare:
That woman's best friend came in the very next day to get HER pictures done, and my coworker was working that day. I was like "so... how was she?" He said "Biggest fucking bitch I've ever met!!"

We are not surprised that they're friends!
Is it that hard to just say a number? :/ Honestly.

Just makes you wonder, sometimes; what's the point in getting all flustered over something that could have been a non-issue if you just answered the fucking question? @@;

Thankfully I haven't had any bad eggs at my job... (supermarket)
Imagine the guys reaction if I had assumed he needed stamps just for those cards and he happened to need more? He would have raged. I'm not blessed by cashier gods and I can't read minds by the power of magic. Unfortunately I have to open my mouth and ask if the customer doesn't either ask for X amount of stamps before I ask if they need some or they don't give me a clear number. Simple as that. I ask if you need stamps for your cards. You say Yes, I will take 20. Very simple. :grump: