Allowing a boy to wear pink shoes is 'bad parenting' and just 'wrong'.

There is an image of a boy wearing striped, pink shoes going around tumblr. The boy told his mother that he wanted the shoes, 'because they are made of zebras, and zebras are awesome.'

According to the American ultra conservatives, ultra Christians, it's absolutely disgusting, and they'd 'wonder where in life I went wrong!'

Really?

... Really? :iconwatplx:

I can't process this.

The boy doesn't even care about the colours, he just like zebras. ZEBRAS.

Hello, 1800's are calling, they want sexism ba- no, wait in 1800 boys and girls were dressed alike, and it was completely normal to put a boy into a dress, and colours didn't have genders :stare:
Comments180
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My brother's favorite color when he was little was pink. All of the kids in his class made fun of him for it and now he hates pink. My mother was not amused but his teacher wouldn't do anything because "boys will be boys".

...well excuse you, teacher lady.
Real men wear pink.
When I was in highschool pink shirts were really in for boys. And whenever a guy asked "isn't that really gay though" all the 'gangsta' kids would be chuckling in the back saying "hey man...you ain't know nothing now let the man wearing his fucking shirt" and you'd automatically be that uncool guy who's cramping everyone's mad swag.

Basically, even teenagers probably don't give a fuck, and those are the most judgmental people on the face of the earth. If you are more prejudice than a teenager, something is fucking wrong with you. These people ostracize other people for not shopping at GAP.
It's just a pair of shoes. Who cares?
American people can be so butthurt from time to time. Btw I'm a girl and I really hate pink, too girly for me LOL
Someone needs to point out to these people that the whole color coding of gender is arbitrary. In fact, it was originally the other way around. Pink was considered masculine, and light blue was considered feminine.
My boys will wear whatever they want when they are little. Doesn't matter to me.

My boyfriend played with Barbies and so did one of my cousins. Both are doing quite well and socially adjusted.
So, did you guys know that pink is not on the electromagnetic spectrum?
Minutephysics, correct?
See, now "negative green" sounds so much more badass. ;)
this is back to the time when women were not allowed to wear trousers.

why are people so obsessed with not looking "gay"

i thought we lived in the modern times......

when i was 4 years old i said that blue was my fav colour. because everybody said it was a boy colour. btw im a girl. :lol: i can't understand why some colours belong to one gender?
Blue has been and will always be my favorite colour, even if I too am a girl and my sister is ever shifting - she likes either red or green or yellow - but in no way does pink fit into our spectrum. It's so darn standardized it becomes loathing.
same here... my sister does that too. nearly everybody i know change their fav colour...

yeah pink is just so stereotype..
Here's my counter to that: Pink is the new black.
Everyone knows guys look great in pink. :iconcoolplz:
Odd. People...
I haven't seen this picture, but yes, that is a stupid mentality to have. Pink=gay hurr hurr hurr! :roll: And you're right, back in the day boys wore dresses as little kids.
I'd be opposed to letting a boy wear pink shoes too. But only if they were Chuck Taylors. We do not need more hipsters.
I don't understand it either -_- What the hell is wrong with America for even thinking letting a boy where pink shoes is bad parenting??
Pink is just a lighter shade of red, people need to get over it. :c
Actually, Pink is the combination of Red+White. It's not an all around natural colour on the spectrum, as pointed out by a commenter above. Red+whitened yellow, now there's where red begin to look like light red.
In general, Colours combined with white on the red/purple part of the spectrum will result in very awfuly generic "girly" colours: pink and lila.
It's still just a lighter shade of red. Being combined with White makes it lighter.