Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 179

Allowing a boy to wear pink shoes is 'bad parenting' and just 'wrong'.

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
There is an image of a boy wearing striped, pink shoes going around tumblr. The boy told his mother that he wanted the shoes, 'because they are made of zebras, and zebras are awesome.'

According to the American ultra conservatives, ultra Christians, it's absolutely disgusting, and they'd 'wonder where in life I went wrong!'

Really?

... Really? :iconwatplx:

I can't process this.

The boy doesn't even care about the colours, he just like zebras. ZEBRAS.

Hello, 1800's are calling, they want sexism ba- no, wait in 1800 boys and girls were dressed alike, and it was completely normal to put a boy into a dress, and colours didn't have genders :stare:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrazylittleloon:
Crazylittleloon Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Writer
My brother's favorite color when he was little was pink. All of the kids in his class made fun of him for it and now he hates pink. My mother was not amused but his teacher wouldn't do anything because "boys will be boys".

...well excuse you, teacher lady.
:iconsteelmineral:
SteelMineral Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Real men wear pink.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
When I was in highschool pink shirts were really in for boys. And whenever a guy asked "isn't that really gay though" all the 'gangsta' kids would be chuckling in the back saying "hey man...you ain't know nothing now let the man wearing his fucking shirt" and you'd automatically be that uncool guy who's cramping everyone's mad swag.

Basically, even teenagers probably don't give a fuck, and those are the most judgmental people on the face of the earth. If you are more prejudice than a teenager, something is fucking wrong with you. These people ostracize other people for not shopping at GAP.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's just a pair of shoes. Who cares?
:iconprincessmensa:
PrincessMensa Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
American people can be so butthurt from time to time. Btw I'm a girl and I really hate pink, too girly for me LOL
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Someone needs to point out to these people that the whole color coding of gender is arbitrary. In fact, it was originally the other way around. Pink was considered masculine, and light blue was considered feminine.
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
My boys will wear whatever they want when they are little. Doesn't matter to me.

My boyfriend played with Barbies and so did one of my cousins. Both are doing quite well and socially adjusted.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
yay :dummy:
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
tumblr :icontheresyourproblemplz:
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Digital Artist
So, did you guys know that pink is not on the electromagnetic spectrum?
:iconclaire-face:
claire-face Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Minutephysics, correct?
:iconjames--steele:
James--Steele Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
See, now "negative green" sounds so much more badass. ;)
:iconvampirenyan:
VampireNyan Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
this is back to the time when women were not allowed to wear trousers.

why are people so obsessed with not looking "gay"

i thought we lived in the modern times......

when i was 4 years old i said that blue was my fav colour. because everybody said it was a boy colour. btw im a girl. :lol: i can't understand why some colours belong to one gender?
:iconmaddalinamocanu:
MaddalinaMocanu Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Blue has been and will always be my favorite colour, even if I too am a girl and my sister is ever shifting - she likes either red or green or yellow - but in no way does pink fit into our spectrum. It's so darn standardized it becomes loathing.
:iconvampirenyan:
VampireNyan Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
same here... my sister does that too. nearly everybody i know change their fav colour...

yeah pink is just so stereotype..
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Here's my counter to that: Pink is the new black.
:iconevildoctorhobbit:
EvilDoctorHobbit Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Everyone knows guys look great in pink. :iconcoolplz:
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   General Artist
Odd. People...
:iconwildergothica:
WilderGothica Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't seen this picture, but yes, that is a stupid mentality to have. Pink=gay hurr hurr hurr! :roll: And you're right, back in the day boys wore dresses as little kids.
:icontherearenoturkeys:
ThereAreNoTurkeys Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I'd be opposed to letting a boy wear pink shoes too. But only if they were Chuck Taylors. We do not need more hipsters.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't understand it either -_- What the hell is wrong with America for even thinking letting a boy where pink shoes is bad parenting??
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Pink is just a lighter shade of red, people need to get over it. :c
Actually, Pink is the combination of Red+White. It's not an all around natural colour on the spectrum, as pointed out by a commenter above. Red+whitened yellow, now there's where red begin to look like light red.
In general, Colours combined with white on the red/purple part of the spectrum will result in very awfuly generic "girly" colours: pink and lila.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
It's still just a lighter shade of red. Being combined with White makes it lighter.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
One of the things I hate most about society is whenever we have a large group of people enforcing gender stereotypes on the population. I think people forgot what generation we live in.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Traditional Artist
I also hate that any time a boy likes pink everyone thinks he's gay. The kid is five, he likes pink, get over it.

My children's lit teacher had an interesting story about her 7-ish year old daughter around one Halloween. She wanted to wear an army costume, but they didn't have any in the girls' section. So they go into the boys' section, but she didn't want the costume because it was from the boys' section.
That little girl sounds familiar... No wait, it's just society enforcing it's rules on to her.

When I went a few months back to buy myself winter boots with my mom, I really wished to finish fast and so I picked a pair that had a clear manly cut to them. It's not that they were made for men or were from the man's section, it was just that they were very bulky and angled at the tip that made them highly dislikable. Curves all the way! :iconallthethingsplz: That thing made me wonder if men are actually content with this standardization of clothing (cut) as well.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012   Traditional Artist
I dunno that it's quite that, it might be more of a matter of supply and demand. Would stores sell as many army uniform costumes in the girls' section ad the boys section?

Eh, just cut 'em yourself.
:iconzurithepersistent:
ZurithePersistent Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist
WHY WOULD WE wear pink shoes
:iconsuiag:
Suiag Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Seriously?
I mean.. SERIOUSLY?

It's wrong to let a boy wear pink stripy shoes??? Even though he loves zebras (go zebras!)??

What is this world coming to...
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Just let your kids be happy people! Seriously, I can't understand why people want to force their kids to like certain toys or colors. :stare:
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It was a slippery slope that should have been evident to anyone the moment they let women wear trousers instead of dresses. :no:
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
What this fool doesn't realize is kids don't know about gender. So, in a way, people like this are being abusive.
:iconapricots-from-nara:
Apricots-from-Nara Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Ahem.

:icongibbsslapplz:
:iconbleedlings:
bleedlings Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow, there's a little (3 or so) boy who lives on my street who wears dresses, nobody seems to give a fuck.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Fun fact: In ancient China, only boys could wear pink.
:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Isn't supposed to be the kid color of red anyways? I thought before the rage of the Third Reich, pink was a boy's color and baby blue was a girl's color? :o
:iconjunglegrown:
junglegrown Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That's not either conservative or Christian. I am both, and I have no problem with it. My little brother used to go around wearing a tutu and handing out flowers, and my family never thought twice. Some people are just uptight. Then again, I didn't grow up in the U.S.. It seems things are more tense here.
:iconautumnalessence:
AutumnalEssence Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
:stare: That's ridiculous.
I was at work the other day, and I heard this woman telling her son off just for picking up a pink bear :roll:
:icondsnintendotoad:
DSnintendotoad Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Fun Fact: Pink used to be a BOYS colour.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
This is true, pink only became a girls color in the early 1900's.
Nope. After World War 2. Meaning after the 1950's. It's a very new, very irritating trend, because it applies to everything :facepalm:
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Photographer
He's obviously deeply disturbed and will grow up horribly confused and become a drug addict tranny hooker! :ohnoes:

Dumb stuff like this is why I'm giving my baby gender-neutral things. (Except the collection of Hello Kitty stuff, my boyfriend LOVES Hello Kitty. I don't know why)

I didn't like pink when I was a little girl. I liked purple, but that was as feminine a color as I would tolerate.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
When I was a little girl, my favourite colour was green, and all the kids decided to tell me that it was gross and the colour of bogies.
:iconcamera-wielding-fool:
Camera-wielding-fool Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
oh shit does this mean i have to reevaluate whether i'm a girl or not
I have two brothers and a sister, and i vividly recall playing with my brothers Batman and Hot Wheels stuff, and they were more excited than I was about my Mrs. Fields oven because WHAT KID DOESN'T LIKE COOKIES OR CUPCAKES THEY CAN MAKE WITHOUT PARENTAL HELP
oh god the horrors our parents put us through!!!! they should have made my sister and i play in a separate room away from our brothers! WE'VE ALL TAINTED EACH OTHER
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
What? Really? Goddamn, that's stupid. :stare:
:iconyaotl:
yaotl Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
It's not even that they're pink! The kid likes them because they're zebra striped! He likes the zebras!
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
yup
had the same problem a while back using pink in a prototype logo design.
holy shit, the logo must be gay.
wait no I must be gay.
holy shit people. It's a colour. It has no bearing on sexuality.

that being said, those shoes sound fucking ridiculous.
I hope when he gets older he realizes pink zebra stripe shoes....not cool.
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
a boy thinking pink striped things are made of zebras is where the bad parenting comes in...
:iconharushadows:
HaruShadows Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Digital Artist
Sounds like my mom when I like boy things (skulls,boots etc) when I am a girl :/
Add a Comment: