Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

The Newest Chrome

:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
A few weeks ago Chrome came out with another of its many updates. Since I am a whore for Google I downloaded it. Immediately I noticed problems:

- Shockwave Flash is riddled with problems in this version. It causes DevArt Chat to time out, pages to crash, web based media players to fail, etc. And since it's the backbone of the browser you can't fix it through Adobe.

- You can't switch audio devices without restarting the browser now. If you do, nothing audio based in Chrome will work, even if you try reverting to the original audio device. Apparently this has pissed off more than a few people.

And the thing is, I've been using Chrome since version six. It's now on version 23. I have my themes, apps and extensions the way I wanted them. All of my accounts are synced to the browser itself, as well as feeds. I don't want to swap to a different browser now, and have to reconfigure everything!

At this rate I will have to roll back to an old version, or get reacquainted with the Firefox UI.

/firstworldnerdproblems

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: OP request.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Oh do keep us updated with your software issues.

We are dying to hear all about it!
:iconshadow2k:
shadow2k Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"You can't switch audio devices without restarting the browser now. If you do, nothing audio based in Chrome will work, even if you try reverting to the original audio device. Apparently this has pissed off more than a few people. "

Biggest complaint for me so far. So annoying when I have to restart the browser just to get sound to work. >( Hopefully they fix it in the next version.
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I've had Flash problems with Chrome since the first day I started using it. But then again I started using it because Flash didn't work at all anymore on Opera...
:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
If everything could just transition to HTML5 already this would be a non-issue.
:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Willingly installing a botnet on your computer lel
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm having issues viewing many images on chrome. I tried taking off any active extensions, but no go.
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I was wondering why Youtube was freezing so much lately. :B
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Digital Artist
:icontoolazyplz:
:icondoctorowl:
DoctorOWL Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
YouTube has been giving me the audio device problem lately. Actually YouTube has BEEN a problem lately with all the fucking updates.
Add a Comment: