Not able to view my art....WHAT IS WRONG!?

So, whenever I upload art it comes up like this: [link]

And I'm not able to view it, nor are my watchers.

I've restarted my computer and all of that stuff so I know it might be DA's fault.

Can anyone help? This is really annoying!
Comments70
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Please refer to this thread if you need help. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
Try clearing your cache.
Alright, I can see that nobody here is being helpful, so I'll give you instructions on how to fix this. You uploaded your photo into the wrong format, luckily, Deviantart has a solution for this. Just click this link here [link], choose 'yes' and your mistake will magically disappear.
That wasn't rude one bit. :no:
I think it was necessary.
That wasn't rude one bit.
Just use the fucking Help Desk, already.
JPGs.

Stop using them.
What else can I use?
PNGs are your friends :nod:
Ok, I'll try that.
I personally prefer 256 color Targa files.
I see you've failed to read the part about Complaints that says not to expect anything to change :paranoid: What I want to know is whether you just didn't see it, didn't comprehend it, or if you thought it didn't apply to you.
Buy some holy water and throw it at your computer.
Go to the little downward arrow beside the where it says 'deviantart' up there on the left side of your page.

Hover over the arrow.

Click on 'Help and faq'

Click on 'report a problem'
It means that your account is corrupted. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can really do about this except to make another account.
What causes account corruption?
Any number of completely unforseen factors. The pixel data of your image could have been the right binary combination to cause a hexadecimal error, resulting in corrupted executables within the account. Your account could be sitting on a null district on the system server, essentially causing a blackout of functionality for that segment of data. Either way, whatever corruption occurred, it's not fixable, any attempts to do so would result in infecting other accounts with the problem. You need to deactivate to prevent spread and start a new account.
I re-uploaded the deviation and it worked, though. :confused:
Quick, where did you have these images saved before you uploaded them?
Depending on where you saved it, a compounded binary error could have traveled from your account to where ever you had the image saved. That's why the error disappeared. When you submit things it's like opening a door, things can get send out but things can also come in, and based on that it seems like it traded the corruption from that file on the account to where ever you had it saved first.
View all replies
That can happen, since it's a corruption at the machine level, which could result in a false negative sometimes, making it appear as if your account has been restored but it hasn't, trust me, it's not.