I hate...I mean i HATE art with out a meaning....Total crap

all my art is sublimation. i think that people that don't have some sort of deeper meaning to their art are not artists and they simply SUCK. My emotional connect is produced by my art's meaning. SUPERFICIAL art, fan art, and most anime is whats wrong with the world. A artist may not be the best draftsman or painter but EMOTION, AFFECTIVENESS, MEANING is what i love.

Comments519
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: At OP's request.
"all my art is sublimation."
~illastrat in I hate...I mean i HATE are with out a meaning.....Total crap

"Sublimate noun
Pronunciation: /also ˈsʌblɪmət/
Chemistry
a solid deposit of a substance which has sublimed:"
sublimation, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
I leave solid deposits in my toilet, I generally don't post them on 'art sites' and forums though. Even though they are "total crap" they do have a meaning, mostly that I am not constipated.

your not the smartest tool in the shed...

[link]

...there you go
People find meaning and significance in different things. SO what you find meaningless crap, someone else might find incredibly emotional or personally significant, even a lame fanart character.
Everybody...i was trolling. but i had a change of heart. This is not the best way to get attention. Please forgive me.
Do you want me to lock this for you?
Might as well get a mod. These people are insane.

Good luck with your painting though. It's pretty unique.
Hey it's that black artist
So......you make a post in complaints about how there is SOOOOOOOO much art without meaning, fan art(actually I have seen some very amazing fan art out there), superficial etc and post your own art in the complaint, and when people call you out on it you start taking images from their gallery and comparing it to yours............Also I did notice a very drastic difference with some, the older ones actually look a lot better and rather different, why is that?
just wanted to change my style. But yeah, i regret making this thread. I was just trolling but it backfired
Trolling huh.....if you say so.....
Anthony Hancock would be proud of these.
Ha~ Oh wow, Sneaky showcase time? Lovely~
Awww, Illastrat, I was considering fave-ing, and watching and what not, but your silliness made me change my mind.
You're not the first one who has started a thread to secretly show off their art.
I see no meaning in your artwork (nor my own). Please explain how at least one of your pieces is meaningful.
Sorry, but I can't see why your art should be something special, just because you think there is a thought in yours, doesn't make them more beautiful, I can be honest I don't like your style and your pictures..it simply doesn't catch my eye, but I won't say it's no art....you could show a bit more respect :unimpressed:

Different people, different tastes ....
By the way, being a black artist isn't all that bad. I have a friend who makes religious rap music, and he's called a "black artist" and he doesn't seem to mind.
Here, have some more "meaningless" art.
I drew a raccoon with a tittie on its head today. Clearly I am the superior fartist here.