Fun times with biochemistry! 2.0

I made a thread a few weeks ago in regards to biochemistry...or maybe a month ago. I've lost all sense of time. But here's another thread! WHOoOOoOOo.

I don't mind biochemistry, but there are so many bedamned enzyme names. It scares me how people even managed to classify each substrate, reactant, co-factor, and enzyme. HOW U DO THIS. IT MAKES ME FEEL MORE DUMB BECAUSE PEOPLE DISCOVERED THIS STUFF AND I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER IT. FUUUUUUU.
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hexagon hexagon hexagon hexagon oxygen hydrogen hexagon pentagon nitrogen radical hexagon carbon dioxide hexagon another pentagon hexagon oxygen carbon hydrogen.
People spend their whole lives studying this stuff. And if you work REALLY HARD, you can be one of them!
I am so glad I decided not to get involved with biology, because fuck name memorization.
Don't forget structures!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
If I were an enzyme, I'd be DNA-helicase so I could unzip your genes. :eyes:
Mang...don't even joke about helicase ;_;
aw man, totally feeling your pain, my biochem exam is in.. 2 days. And all the names and structures jasldhfkjksgjhdgla i just can't ene
*pats back*

We will rise to glory, together.
we had better! this topic is just butts :I
Just right them down, and when ever you need them, look at the list, and if someone says you can't do that in a test, just stare at them at tell em fuck off
YEeeaaaah no.
I rather take my chances with the exam than risk getting kicked out of my faculty :P
This is another good reason why I'm doing chemistry instead of biochemistry. IUPAC nomenclature actually makes sense =P
For me, I would rather do microbiology -- I have to take biochemistry as a prereq.

If it was based solely on material, I would probably choose biochemistry over (organic) chemistry (last chem classes I've really taken). The problem is that my biochemistry professor isn't the best, and so when you have craptons of stuff to learn...it gets very overwhelming.
Yes, I love microbiology too :) I did love organic chem, but just done my first lot of lectures on it (I'm doing a chemistry degree) and finding it very difficult. The professor's great, we just went through everything very quickly. My physical chem lecturer was amazing though.
I've never actually hated OCHEM -- I just wasn't particularly good at it. I think if you understand all the orbitals/theory behind it, it is fairly straight forward. I never did, so that's probably why I struggled so much with it.

And I think that's why I'm better with biology stuff. Sadly I suck at applying knowledge...which probably isn't a very good thing! Ha.
It's probably one of those things you have to really love to do well.
The material is genuinely interesting. My professor has difficulties presenting the material, however, so it gets confusing =(.
Looks like you're gonna need to spend some alone time with the textbook! :eyes:
Good luck. :nod:

It's why I ditched science. :la: