Don't Call Me a F**king Black Artist...

Why does the art community feel the need to call artists with a black heritage a "black artist?" Its almost like they insinuate that I am not good enough to just be called just an artists. What pisses me off even more are the people that compare me to other artists that happen to be black, as if we all paint the same. Yes, blacks have had a rich heritage in the visual arts, but I am an artist. Simple as that. I don't paint black subject matter (per-say) and my art is indistinguishable to that of other races. People treat my art like its in some sort of subordinate genre not good enough or professional enough. PISSES...ME....OFF!

Comments688
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Who wants to see a cute bottle of precsipton drugs?! :la:
[link]

(should I set it as my avatar?)
I wonder of this guy has a mental condition of sorts. He seems to live in a little world of his own since half of his threads make people go "Eh... What?".
Probably...He probably has some kind of superiority complex.
He says this about people saying things about his race, but here is a pretty interesting conversation about someone's sexuality [link]
he also refers to himself as a black artist! [link]

..which directly contradicts the complaint lol
Dude's a dumbfuck of the highest caliber.
I can't believe you people are still circlejerking over this trollpost. :lol:
It's something you're identified with. To those who know I'm Finnish I'm a Finnish artist -- to those who know some gal is a lesbian she is a lesbian artist.

Get over it.
This reminds me of that feminist who thought it was sexist to have an axe too heavy for the average woman to swing at a firehouse.
yea i know .. There is so much REAL racism in the world and he bitches about the art community who sells and markets his work?

Well, if it could sell and market.
ah but of course
I find most, if not all, feminists and so called Anti-Racists seem to only think about themselves or their immediate area/stomping grounds. Outside of that ..they don't give a shit. Just "Me" "Me" "Me" and a little victim card/"Poor me" card playing on the side.

besides...me thinks this guy is a troll anyways. I can't take him seriously.
yea feminists are so dumb. I mean there are times where its good we have them because there are women being treated poorly and such and it was feminists who brought it up and to attention. But the crazy ones need to just shut the hell up.

as for this guy.

Now that i think about it being a troll is possible. But he doesn't respond to any of my posts. Maybe my comments are too boring for him?
I seriously hope he's a troll. Otherwise he's just sad.
poorly done photoshop collages and obscure paintings...yet he acts like he's the second coming of Leonardo Devinci.
im kinda hoping he picks on me so i can find my certificates of art contests i won in highschool scan them and upload them.
We'll call you an African-American Artist instead.
Not all black folk are from Africa though.
I was being facetious.
Now I feel dumb :lol:
Morgan Freeman once said something similar about Black History Month. I agree fully, and I'm whiter than sour cream.
Oh well. I'm still awesome.

:icondivaplz:
people assume I'm a guy until they come to my profile, but It doesn't bother me much X]

as for the race prefix, I haven't seen that used with artists unless they specialize in cultural-centric art or put forward the idea that they identify as a [insert]-artist