Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 687

Don't Call Me a F**king Black Artist...

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Why does the art community feel the need to call artists with a black heritage a "black artist?" Its almost like they insinuate that I am not good enough to just be called just an artists. What pisses me off even more are the people that compare me to other artists that happen to be black, as if we all paint the same. Yes, blacks have had a rich heritage in the visual arts, but I am an artist. Simple as that. I don't paint black subject matter (per-say) and my art is indistinguishable to that of other races. People treat my art like its in some sort of subordinate genre not good enough or professional enough. PISSES...ME....OFF!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthemastergh0st:
themastergh0st Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconfacepalmplz:
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Who wants to see a cute bottle of precsipton drugs?! :la:
[link]

(should I set it as my avatar?)
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
I wonder of this guy has a mental condition of sorts. He seems to live in a little world of his own since half of his threads make people go "Eh... What?".
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Probably...He probably has some kind of superiority complex.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
He says this about people saying things about his race, but here is a pretty interesting conversation about someone's sexuality [link]
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
he also refers to himself as a black artist! [link]

..which directly contradicts the complaint lol
:icongman313:
GMan313 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Dude's a dumbfuck of the highest caliber.
:iconhamburgerhelperplz:
HamburgerHelperPlz Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I can't believe you people are still circlejerking over this trollpost. :lol:
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
It's something you're identified with. To those who know I'm Finnish I'm a Finnish artist -- to those who know some gal is a lesbian she is a lesbian artist.

Get over it.
:iconpmmurphy:
PMMurphy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This reminds me of that feminist who thought it was sexist to have an axe too heavy for the average woman to swing at a firehouse.
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
ha
feminists
yea i know .. There is so much REAL racism in the world and he bitches about the art community who sells and markets his work?

Well, if it could sell and market.
ah but of course
I find most, if not all, feminists and so called Anti-Racists seem to only think about themselves or their immediate area/stomping grounds. Outside of that ..they don't give a shit. Just "Me" "Me" "Me" and a little victim card/"Poor me" card playing on the side.

besides...me thinks this guy is a troll anyways. I can't take him seriously.
yea feminists are so dumb. I mean there are times where its good we have them because there are women being treated poorly and such and it was feminists who brought it up and to attention. But the crazy ones need to just shut the hell up.

as for this guy.

Now that i think about it being a troll is possible. But he doesn't respond to any of my posts. Maybe my comments are too boring for him?
I seriously hope he's a troll. Otherwise he's just sad.
poorly done photoshop collages and obscure paintings...yet he acts like he's the second coming of Leonardo Devinci.
im kinda hoping he picks on me so i can find my certificates of art contests i won in highschool scan them and upload them.
:iconpigwasher:
Pigwasher Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
We'll call you an African-American Artist instead.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist
Not all black folk are from Africa though.
:iconpigwasher:
Pigwasher Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I was being facetious.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist
Now I feel dumb :lol:
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Morgan Freeman once said something similar about Black History Month. I agree fully, and I'm whiter than sour cream.
:iconrequiemachina:
Requiemachina Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Oh well. I'm still awesome.

:icondivaplz:
:iconkoui:
Koui Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   General Artist
people assume I'm a guy until they come to my profile, but It doesn't bother me much X]

as for the race prefix, I haven't seen that used with artists unless they specialize in cultural-centric art or put forward the idea that they identify as a [insert]-artist
:icontsukahime:
Tsukahime Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
At one point in time back in the early 1900's artists that were of African American, were proud to be called such. It was a status for someone to be an artist and be black at the same time. Now, it's treated as an insult to some people, but I imagine back in the time of those people they were just happy to be called an artist at all and not some other derogatory name.

You can be called a name but that doesn't mean that defines you. Not everyone has to be kind, but the way that you've treated people in this thread is very sad. Because you chose to make a discussion that just could have been a topic where people try to understand why race comes into art (and maybe share equal experiences if they have encountered them) and yet decided it was a better idea to bash other artists works and call them names, it's...quite shameful to say the least.

Art has changed and changed throughout the years, and will continue to change, but what doesn't change is the person making the art behind the canvas or what have you. That person will always be an artist. Be it that person is Black,White,Asian,Hispanic, or any other race, that person is an artist. You complain about it, but you've only proved to me in this thread that you aren't a black artist, you are an extremely rude person who refuses to accept critique and can only find the flaws in others.

You don't like it when others point out that your work sucks, yet you do it to them. You aren't perfect, because no one is,and you shame all artists.
illastrat Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
But do you understand that i didn't ask for criticism and i didn't asked to be called a cotton-picker, a nigger, etc that people have called me. Notice the thread. I make a comment about my title and these shitty artist turned this into a thread regarding my art. I didn't ask for criticism and i don't want it. Hell yeah i am gonna insult them.
:iconxadrea:
Xadrea Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Didn't you say this "i am a beautiful black man. why would i want to be an oily skinned white person." You also made some pretty bigoted statements about homosexuals. As far as critique I think I saw some threads of you offering to give critiques if your own work was critiqued. Please, please, please tell me you're trolling.
However you called a person ugly (and unprovoked as well). Then you complained that a string of artists that were posted here were not black even though their images were of people of color, completely negating your rant above. You're great at contradicting yourself pal.
:iconwildergothica:
WilderGothica Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've never heard of this before, but it doesn't make sense either why that should be pointed out because every artist on here is just an artist. If you're going to define them, define them by style or media. Digital artist, traditional artist, hand crafter, whatever.
exactly! But to these people i am the monster.
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Dude, I like your painting style. (I also just appreciate the fact that you *have* a style, instead of just trying to make everything look like a photo.)

I don't know if you've been on DA for a while, or if you're new here. But just in case, I'll warn you about the :icontrollface-plz: trolls. If you announce on your signature that you don't want to be called a "black artist," be prepared for the hurricane of trolls calling you one just to piss you off.

Anyway.......I really have no idea what else to say here. But I can totally see how it would be irritating for people to define your art by your heritage when it's not relevant.
thanks. People in this thread have called me a cottonpicker, a nigger. They have said they don't want my kind here...etc. They turned this into a art critique when that is not what i asked for. But i am the monster.
Nice, play the victim, especially after the hateful things you said here yourself.
:iconvintagewarmth:
VintageWarmth Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   General Artist
Best reply ever! :giggle: I love that! I am temtpted to strangle this deviant thru my computer screen lol. Ugh! What a nerve!
This thread seems to be deteriorating into madness. If I were him. I would rather to deactivite.
Xadrea Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm pretty sure this guy is trying to get people to look at his crappy paintings. If you search his name in the forums you'll come across a TON more posts like this...it's like he's BEGGING to get flamed.
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
he's been on here since at least '09. he knows exactly what he's doing
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ah, okay.
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
yep
:iconfranken-jewels:
Franken-Jewels Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
You could be defined as far worse. There's a whole arsenal of "titles" out there. Lighten up, Mr Troll.
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
[link]

but anyway, off topic last nights MMA title fight, Nate Deiz got fucking raped, epic shit. :la:

I have already dealt with you OP, no need to reply. :la:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:thumbsup:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
you're clearly oppressed
:iconarteeste:
arteeste Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Are you the new resident troll?
:iconmonochromaticmoose:
MonochromaticMoose Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Seems so. He isn't even one of the funnier ones... :/
Complaints trolls sure have deteriorated since I was last here...
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ever since DivineAngel, we're running thin on original idiots.
:iconmonochromaticmoose:
MonochromaticMoose Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Shame...

I'm not really the trolling type, so...
Tis a pity, though. Reading Complaints used to be FUN. :(
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Needs more HIPPO CRATES!
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A whole lot of them
:iconcoffeetoffeesquirrel:
CoffeeToffeeSquirrel Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   General Artist
Didn't your mom teach you that if you want respect, you've to show other people respect? I don't care if the artist is black, white, pink, green with blue dots on, but the persom who is making a fuss about being a black artist is *insert trumpets* YOU! If you hadn't made this post or had that signature I wouldn't given your appearance a shit.
Add a Comment: