Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 50

"Technology" Rant!

:iconparadedemon:
ParadeDemon Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Artist
This is gonna rant about like, 3 things in our "Technology" Class I think.

1. This was labeled "Animation" on the sign up sheet last year. It's called "Graphic Design and Animation" class. Now it's pretty much "Technology Class"

2. Why do we keyboard for 15 minutes every morning? Those who type bad just don't even do it, and I'm getting bad grades because I learned to type "incorrectly" so I type with mostly my Pointers and Middle Fingers, Thumbs for Spacebar. Note I type at anywhere from 40 Words Per Minute all the way up to 100 Words per Minute if I'm deciding to be really fast. With a 80-95% Accuracy at that. So why do I get graded LESS because I don't type with the "correct" fingers. :U

3. The Scratch Project we did... I'm getting a lesser grade because I was unable to complete my project in the week. (I decided to do a cat maker, much harder than expected. Handmade all sprites etc.) So Why do I get a lower grade than those who scribbled up a maze with 3 levels in a day or two then added another level or two so they'd get above and beyond? Because I chose something a bit harder that takes more work? That had no instructions provided?

Just Unhappy >:C Feel free to ignore.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I just have an IDE that's decided to lag for no reason at all, and I'm learning to use a module which entails me having no clue what's going on! :#1:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   Digital Artist
Part of learning is learning to realize what you can and can't do in the given time frame. In the real world you might have to compromise certain aspects of a design in order to meet a deadline. Learn from it and don't bitch. No one cares in the real world what kind of bitching idea you had if can't deliver it on time. So either learn what you can and can't do in a certain time frame, spend more time on it, or get better so you can actually do what you intend in that time frame.

You were the one that chose that path, own up to your own choices. Should've scribbled a maze.
:icon-kron:
-kron Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
still learning typing? is this some middle school thing?
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm sure I don't type with the right fingers either, I thought I used all of them but it seems I do the same thing for the most part. And I look at the keyboard. and last time I checked, only 16 words per minute. I think I should have improved by then, since that was years ago that I had that score :O
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Only 16 words per minute? Crazy. o-o
I need to test myself again, I'm sure I type faster than that when I'm not spending 5 minutes figuring out what I want to say :c
Well, I don't test myself according to the games, or an official test, but judging by how fast I type if I type my own intended messages.
I end up doing a lot of erasing and stuff when I'm typing. Not to mention half the time I'm not sure how I want to word something or entirely what I want to say. So if I write a long comment, I could easily take 5 minutes detailing something.
Everyone does so every now and then, unless they don't think much when they speak. What really matters is the speed of typing itself, not the time it takes to think over a message.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Filmographer
Someone clearly didn't play enough Mavis Beacon when they were a youngin'. Or Mario Teaches Typing.
Add a Comment: