Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 115

Markers...

:iconsmileyvizard:
SmileyVizard Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Okay, I wanna know, does this happen to other people? I get these awesome quality (expensive) markers (Dual Brush and Copics) and they work great and are suppose to be long lasting, but when I go to color a big project like a large background or a picture that consists of mainly one color, it wears out in, like, 15 minutes!
Wtf!
And then with the Copics markers I have to wait a little until the color kinda drains back from the rest of the brush...
BUT SERIOUSLY!
I don't want to use paint, and colored pencils are tedious to use for larger pictures. >A<

TL;DR: damn markers that I payed good money for run out quickly. :stare:

Anti-Complaint: I started watching My Little Pony~! :la:

Bonus complaint: I don't understand why I like it. (MLP that is)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Dec 15, 2012   Digital Artist
I'm generally a digital artist, but I do sometimes use markers. I have Lesat Pro-markers and they're like massive chunky things with a wide chiseled tip so you can cover large areas, but yeah, after a few uses, they do run out and they're €3.50 for a marker which is for me, enough to get the makings of dinner for a few days. :saddummy:

Ever tried using water-colours or water-coloured pencils for making a wash for backgrounds?
SmileyVizard Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I haven't, but I think I will try that, because it seems like my only option...
Well, it's not really. You can always try out new mediums and experiment with them. I know some who uses chalk dust to colour in their backgrounds and use hairspray to fix it into place. =]
That's actually a really cool idea!
If you get some tissue paper, dip it into the chalk dust and spread it around to get different gradients. Maybe mix in a different colour too. Like pink with a bit of orange in it. If you need any help or anything, feel free to ask me. :hug:
thank you so much!! TvT :iconletmehugyouplz:
No problem. :hug:
:iconjuuhanna:
juuhanna Dec 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Are you using proper marker-paper? If not, you should aways use markerpaper, it absorbs less ink and the ink blends better. :)
I had no idea what affect the paper could have.... Well, now I do. OTL.
:iconjuuhanna:
juuhanna Dec 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Haha, I remember I used to color on normal printpaper and it would kill markers in a second and when painting large areas there'd be stripes and smudgyness. Schoellershammer's marker-paper is the best I've used, Copic's own marker-paper was not so good for me (although I use only Copics!)
But with proper paper the ink can almost pool on the paper instead of being sucked in, and blends beautifully. Doesn't dry in a second either, so there's a small moment more to work on an area. :)
Add a Comment: