Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

Are you okay?

:iconeuterpe-the-egret:
Euterpe-The-Egret Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm tired of hearing this! I've been working on finals for two weeks now and I'm just about done with them. I'm not procrastinating this time (not sure how that happened but I'll accept it) and have most of my work finished a week in advance! Go me!

The problem is that I am emotionally drained from life drama and working super hard to finish my projects. I don't mind that. I'm content to listen to books on my kindle and get my job done at work. I'm not stressed, just tired and that I can deal with. Soon enough I'll have a break and do something fun (or sleep all day... :shrug:).

What is getting to me is hearing, "are you okay?" constantly. PEOPLE IT IS FINALS WEEK. MOST PEOPLE LOOK (and feel) LIKE CRAP AROUND THIS TIME.(Seriously though, most of my coworkers don't even come into work because they are "too busy with finals") I'm here working and doing my job. I've nothing else to give you so please GO AWAY!

Yes, my eyes are red but perhaps you should realize that I've been working on this document for YOU for HOURS staring at a computer screen so my eyes won't look super fresh and nice right about now. No, it doesn't mean that I'm crying. Note how you've never seen me cry (and probably won't see me cry) at work so you should not assume right off the bat that I was weeping bitterly to my computer screen. I'm just trying to finish up work. Just because I don't respond doesn't mean I can't hear you. I don't feel the need (nor do I particularly care) to respond to your story to the entire office about someone from work saw the other person's baby. Other people responded to your story so I assume I don't need to. I'm working and you weren't talking specifically to me. Your story wasn't even something I can think up a response to. It was a statement really and it was a sentence long. What do you want me to say? "Oh, how lovely" (?) It doesn't effect me and I'm not terribly interested in faking excitement right now.

I am presentable (my hair is done and I've not resorted to wearing sweats and a t'shirt. I even have bothered to wear makeup this week) and doing my job. I don't see why people can't just butt out for a bit and let me get through work so I can finish up my paper when I get home. Your concern was great for the first few times but hearing it OVER AND OVER with my responses being THE EXACT SAME is getting a bit old.

:icontealdeerplz: Running out of patience with coworkers and bosses after working on finals for two weeks. Getting pretty crabby and I just need a nap to help me chillax.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional
Came into topic expecting the opening post to be "BUSTAH WOOOORRRF"

... It wasn't.

Am disappointed.
Euterpe-The-Egret Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm not even sure what that is...
Go on. Make me more sad than I already am.
Only if you insist.

KEEP PUSHING ME. I DARE YA.
If you are sure you want me to...

I'LL CHOKE YOU
When you type in "choke" in DA the same pictures come up!

[link] (sorry no thumb for this one)

Is this what you were referring to?
(1 Reply)
:iconkendrubbin:
Kendrubbin Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Photographer
It was all going well until I read that you listened to books. WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?
:shrug: I love books. My bosses don't mind if I listen to them at work and still get my job done. I can file, send out mailing packets and fix their documents all while listening to books being read to me in an electronic man voice. It is quite lovely :)
Add a Comment: