What are your pet peeves and why?

We all have em. What's yours?
Mine
- People who say "lieberry" in stead of properly pronouncing library. It just I have no idea, it just irritates the hell out of me.
- People who chew with their mouths open. It sounds, and looks disgusting.
- When my mom or dad does the laundry and they just throw two socks of mine together, whether they match or not. (Surprise, I always try doing the laundry myself.) I blame my OCD for this one.
- When people fold over corners of books, or even half the damn page to keep their place and they have a valid bookmarking tool with them. I'm a book nerd, I view this as damaging the book. I hate it even more that I loaned out several of my books, they came back with corners all torn and bent, and the spines nearly destroyed. I now refuse to loan out my books.

So share yours. =P I'm curious to see what gets on your nerves and why.
Comments125
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
People that think that because they have a disorder they can just act like complete jackasses.
I have a family member with Aspergers and of course he's difficult, but not like this brat I met a while ago who was really being loud and horrible to a lot of people and when she told me it wasn't her fault because she was that way from it, I wanted to kick her.

People sniffing through a whole damn day. Get a damn tissue!

People that think that if you're still single you must be dying slowly inside.

Guys hitting on me. (Not that I hate those guys, just that I keep get hit on)

People claiming to have Mental disorders when they OBVIOUSLY don't. (Probably don't even know what they are)
'Well, I have to have my potatoes in a different dish than my pot roast. I must have OCD.'
:|

People sneezing to the air like its nothing.

Southern Racists that make fun of black people while saying
'He don't' and "y'all' or "ain't'.

The list goes on...
People who don't LURK before posting.
People who mumble and then bitch when I ask them to repeat what they mumbled. Then they mumble again.
People who eat my leftovers/stuff I bought for me.
People who don't read the rules to the groups I run.
The character's who's always happy and is slightly crazy. Do they ever have any emotions besides happy?
when people munch on food with mouths open
then people dont wash their hands after they sneeze or cough
when i get bothered alot when im busy or making a video for youtube or break.com or at least doing something on ps3 :|
The chewing with your mouth open is one of those things that I have to really resist the urge to just punch someone right in the face.
Professors coughing in their hands and then handing me papers. :iconimhorrifiedplz:
Everything my Mother seems to do. I swear, everything.

Even her damn breathing. I can't bare to sit next to her. Sounds awful, but just not that fun.
when the people in my gym class aim for the head
The ass who parks WAAAAAAAAY too close to one side of their parking space so that you have serious doubts that you can park in the speace enxt to them without scratching your car... I ALWAYS fix myself when that happens
When people didn't hear me the first time so I have to repeat myself.
When things are disorganized, it drives me nuts.
When I have a sibling complaining about a situation, I give advice, sibling doesn't take it and ends up being in worse situation.
When people don't listen.
Ignorance.
When I'm asleep and it's 7 in the morning, and I hear fucking construction outside like today.
When people make me hurry to get dressed and get out. Yeah, I do take a bit of time, but when I'm rushed I tend to forget things I need!
My procrastination and Indecisiveness.
When there are more bigger problems in the world, and the most bratty kids/people complain about 1st world problems.
People who cheat frequently, why the fuck are in a relationship for if you're gonna fuck somebody else! Makes no sense.
Sony. Because they are becoming money grabbing bitches.
And etc..well I'd like to think the above are mostly complaints but 2 or 3 of them are my pet peeves. Oops.
I hate it when people try to have sex with my lunch.

Keep your dicks out of my sandvich!
Anything that's overly masculine. Mainly because I loath the concept of manly.
:shrug: It hasn't been moved. And I'll give you that I wasn't sure if it was a complaint or just a general thread, but it's referring to things you complain about or that annoy you.
-People who say they're genetically predisposed to being fat, so they don't have to exercise. Sure, there are SOME people who are, but they're typically healthy otherwise and there's no way that 50% of all overweight people are "predisposed". Excuses, excuses...
-Leaving shiny stuff on the ground without checking to see if it's useful.
-People dropping stuff on the floor when they're two steps away from a bin.
-People thinking I like metal and classical just to be difficult, not because they're both enjoyable to me.
-People who say words incorrectly. Even if it's a speech impediment, I feel my muscles tense involuntarily in anger at words being mispronounced. I am also ashamed to a point of not being able to respond when I pronounce stuff incorrectly.
-People who say they "speak" a language when they know 3 words of it.
-People who don't seem to know how to use the internet. Why on earth should ANY question on Yahoo questions be repeated 40 times?! Google it!
-People who don't understand how I can be smarter than a 45-year-old. Some 45-year-olds are thick, plain and simple. :|
-People who act horrified when you tell them something predictable, or that you've told them before.
-People whose arguments run in loops, as they contradict themselves over and over.
-Seeing an unhappy dog.
-People who expect everyone to love and worship the TV.
-People who don't understand why you'd willingly do something that's good for you.
-People who don't understand that you CAN enjoy something that's good for you.
-People who think that because something is almost universally loved (bread, films, Beyonce...) you can't REALLY dislike it.
-People.

;p
Ohgod speech mistakes I HATE. I personally cannot pronounce R's and it pisses me off as much as it does others. XD I can understand myself fine unless I record myself and I'm like: "How in hell do others understand me?"

I also hate that I can't pronounce R's ( Despite 2-3 years of a speech therapist ;-; ) because I have to repeat myself so many times DX
Damn... I hope you can find a way around it. It's bad enough to have trouble being understood, but to actually dislike it yourself must be a pain. :(
I really don't notice, but then people are like "What? Cow?" or worse when I'm spelling something >:C So hard. XD
You dislike bread? 0.o :iconmindisblownplz: but but BACON CHEESEBURGERS!
Yes: I eat pure ground-meat burgers (no rusk, with paprika and garlic in the mix), piled with bacon, with melted cheese on top. And I get to eat MORE burger, bacon and cheese because I don't fill myself on bread. ;p

I don't eat cereal, either. But I have crushed nuts and dried fruit (and sometimes chocolate sprinkles on top) with milk or yoghurt instead as my "cereal". Nuts, dried fruit, chocolate. Aren't those the parts you want MORE of when you serve yourself cereal? Well my WHOLE "cereal" is made of them. :D
.....True, you know I've never thought of it that way XD

Like that KFC sandwich there it's a slice of fried chicken between lettuce tomates cheese and two MORE slices of fired chicken?

lol all chocolate cereal I WOULD TOTALLY EAT THAT!
Ja. But without the breadcrumbs and smothered in butter. :D Chicken needs a good butter-smothering.

See? EVERYONE likes the bits IN the cereal, few people eat cereal just because. :p
Very true, either butter or peanut oil XD delicious!

Unless they're frosted flakes, those things are just good...and powdered sugar alone doesn't taste quite as good XD.
Wait... if your genetics say you're more likely to be overweight than other people, wouldn't that make you MORE inclined to exercise and eat right? :confused:
I feel bad about it, but I agree with the pronouncing things wrong. I can add another, getting someone from India or something for tech support. I'm not racist at all, but god damn, I'd like to understand what the fuck to do with my technology if it's broken!
'-' Most of the questions I see on Yahoo Answers can be answered with a simple google search.
EXACTLY. Hell, I'm Slavic. I have a HUGE bone-structure and need to keep in shape to enhance it, rather than spoil it. People who are genetically predisposed to something usually work AGAINST it, rather than use it as an excuse...
Tech support? I'd like to talk to someone qualified to talk about my problem! But, yeah, I get you on accents. Some I'm OK with (I had a Scottish lass when I was calling Student Finance and she was fine), but some people don't even TRY to speak intelligible English!