Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Art: a mindless activity

:iconveronicarockstrom:
veronicarockstrom Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm currently a college student, and we're nearing the end of fall semester. As I was waiting for my polysci professor to show up, I started talking with the people I've been sitting near all semester. At some point, this girl started whining how she forgot to do the online final (even though it was assigned two MONTHS ago), and how she's going to demand the professor extend her deadline. She was also whining about how she didn't even know what what final was about, because the teacher didn't spoonfeed it to her.

At this point I told her that I had finished it two weeks after he assigned it, because he told us the final would be on two specific chapters. Which are only 40 pages long total. And she retorted that I only finished it so early, was because I'm an art major, and have tons of spare time because I'm not taking any REAL classes.

Uhm. What? Excuse me?

I'm a full time student, and I'm taking half general ed., half major relevant classes. And I'm pretty sure my three-to-four hour classes take up a little more time than yours. And she said "no no no, I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that art is more.. mindless, like you just doodle and don't think about anything. Nothing important anyway."

Ouch! Wounded! You have wounded me miss, with your SHEER ignorance, as you have obviously never produced anything that requires the smallest ounce of thought.

TL;DR: Girl told me I only finished the class final on time, and with a good grade was because my major was piss-all easy and I apparantly have all the free time in the world.

Don't attack my major because your work ethic sucks. :iconbitchpleaseplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Wow, she really said that? What's her major?
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I'm in engineering, one of the tough majors, as people say. But I don't go around putting down people in liberal arts... Your major is tough in its own way. Art isn't just doodling. There are so many skills that you spend years and years perfecting, and your class projects probably take hours of work complete. You can argue that art isn't as tough on your brain (because honestly, you're not doing any advanced math or science), but I would never claim that an art major has tons of free time.

And what idiot questions the importance of art in society? XD I can't believe she that to you! We need artists as much as any other major...

I will say though: Saying you're "taking gen eds" does not help your case to show how busy you are. :P Gen eds are such a joke.
:iconveronicarockstrom:
veronicarockstrom Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well, I need general ed to transfer to a better college, so it's more as a point to show I'm not just dicking my time away. (The class I had her for WAS a general ed class!)
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Ahh that makes more sense then. :)
:iconguttedcorpse:
GuttedCorpse Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
She doesn't know any better, it's okay.
:iconxadrea:
Xadrea Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
After I explain to people that my classes are three and a half hours long they usually shut up :nod:
:icone-c-h:
e-c-h Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
Art in many ways, is more difficult in its unpredictability than liberal arts is, because you never know for sure when you will be done with an assignment. You might mess up and have to start all over. Things might be going wonderfully and at the last second a disaster might occur. On the opposite side, people study for a test, take it, and it's over XD They do research, write the paper..it's over. I'm not saying art is actually harder than becoming a doctor, but IT IS NOT EASY, and the work can really stack up..all of it having variables of messup/failure.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You shoulda slapped that girl. :iconslapplz:
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I live on a campus that I world renown for its engineering. I see the liberal arts va engineering battle that looks something like this every semester.

It's unfortunate how numb I've become to it.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional
Tell her that her hobby of being a leech on society is even MORE of a mindless activity.
Add a Comment: