Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Art: a mindless activity

:iconveronicarockstrom:
veronicarockstrom Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm currently a college student, and we're nearing the end of fall semester. As I was waiting for my polysci professor to show up, I started talking with the people I've been sitting near all semester. At some point, this girl started whining how she forgot to do the online final (even though it was assigned two MONTHS ago), and how she's going to demand the professor extend her deadline. She was also whining about how she didn't even know what what final was about, because the teacher didn't spoonfeed it to her.

At this point I told her that I had finished it two weeks after he assigned it, because he told us the final would be on two specific chapters. Which are only 40 pages long total. And she retorted that I only finished it so early, was because I'm an art major, and have tons of spare time because I'm not taking any REAL classes.

Uhm. What? Excuse me?

I'm a full time student, and I'm taking half general ed., half major relevant classes. And I'm pretty sure my three-to-four hour classes take up a little more time than yours. And she said "no no no, I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that art is more.. mindless, like you just doodle and don't think about anything. Nothing important anyway."

Ouch! Wounded! You have wounded me miss, with your SHEER ignorance, as you have obviously never produced anything that requires the smallest ounce of thought.

TL;DR: Girl told me I only finished the class final on time, and with a good grade was because my major was piss-all easy and I apparantly have all the free time in the world.

Don't attack my major because your work ethic sucks. :iconbitchpleaseplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Wow, she really said that? What's her major?
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I'm in engineering, one of the tough majors, as people say. But I don't go around putting down people in liberal arts... Your major is tough in its own way. Art isn't just doodling. There are so many skills that you spend years and years perfecting, and your class projects probably take hours of work complete. You can argue that art isn't as tough on your brain (because honestly, you're not doing any advanced math or science), but I would never claim that an art major has tons of free time.

And what idiot questions the importance of art in society? XD I can't believe she that to you! We need artists as much as any other major...

I will say though: Saying you're "taking gen eds" does not help your case to show how busy you are. :P Gen eds are such a joke.
veronicarockstrom Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well, I need general ed to transfer to a better college, so it's more as a point to show I'm not just dicking my time away. (The class I had her for WAS a general ed class!)
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Ahh that makes more sense then. :)
:iconguttedcorpse:
GuttedCorpse Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
She doesn't know any better, it's okay.
:iconxadrea:
Xadrea Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
After I explain to people that my classes are three and a half hours long they usually shut up :nod:
:icone-c-h:
e-c-h Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
Art in many ways, is more difficult in its unpredictability than liberal arts is, because you never know for sure when you will be done with an assignment. You might mess up and have to start all over. Things might be going wonderfully and at the last second a disaster might occur. On the opposite side, people study for a test, take it, and it's over XD They do research, write the paper..it's over. I'm not saying art is actually harder than becoming a doctor, but IT IS NOT EASY, and the work can really stack up..all of it having variables of messup/failure.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You shoulda slapped that girl. :iconslapplz:
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I live on a campus that I world renown for its engineering. I see the liberal arts va engineering battle that looks something like this every semester.

It's unfortunate how numb I've become to it.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional
Tell her that her hobby of being a leech on society is even MORE of a mindless activity.
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
THIS
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I have to say, art classes have meant at least double the work time compared to when I took math and science classes. Sure it's work you enjoy, but it's time-consuming as all hell.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Traditional Artist
[link] I wish I could doodle like this. Anything I draw mindlessly always turns out to be total crap.

Also [link]
That. Is awesome!
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Traditional Artist
And she's a math student!
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
an art major is piss-all easy...

my arts classes were relatively stress free and relaxing.

time consuming, yes. stressful, fuck no.
She was trying to tell me that I finished a certain assignment much earlier than her because artists apparantly have all the free time in the world. Not true, so, cocks to her and her poor work ethic.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Ha! When I was in college the art students I knew tended to live in the art building.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I so wish our art building had its own dorm, I would move there in a heartbeat.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Her fault.
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist
Slap her, or make her take an art class to see just how mindless it is
:iconcindarellapop:
CindarellaPop Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Just shoot back that if you're the "mindless" one, then she shouldn't have any trouble at all finishing a final that you completed with relative ease and that she needs to quit her bitching and be a grownup.
:iconjellybean9000:
Jellybean9000 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Tch, this is exactly why I do all of my work on the day that it's been assigned, as opposed to waiting until the last minute when the day comes to turn it in. Especially if it's one with a deadline longer than three weeks.
Now keeping up with the assignment is another story. :lol:
Good plan, putting work off until later can really put you in some deep shit. But I can somewhat understand what you mean about keeping up with them, should you do them at a very early time.
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Wait, I just reread this post and it says that it was two months since it was assigned. Oh well, it only further proves my point about the kid.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Get a job after you graduate, that'll show her. Nah, just kidding. :D
I have a job, and she's on unemployment benefits. Nice try though.
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
At least you tried. :nod:
:iconsplittercore:
Splittercore Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I find it hilarious that a benefits scrounger is trying to put herself on a pedestal over someone who actually works.
So you understand why my mind is full of fuck.
:iconsplittercore:
Splittercore Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:nod:
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist
What's the difference between an art major and a large pizza? The pizza can feed a family of four :lol:
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
:la:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
:slow: I should not be laughing at that!
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist
Sadly that joke works with 90% of college "majors" :nod:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
:C
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Next time smack her.
She sounds like she's the type to loaf around at home all day or out talking to her friends, solely because she doesn't feel like doing anything that she is told to do.

I wouldn't quite blame her work ethic on that one, considering that it's a two-week project which could have been finished in a day or two if enough effort is actually put into the assignment, but more on her own laziness and stupidity. And I'll bet my ass that she has doesn't even have a job.
She doesn't have a job, nope! Lives with her boyfriend on unemployment benefits.
So it seems that she would rather live off of someone else's money than find a way to make her own. A typical spoiled bitch, indeed.

I wonder how she even managed to get out of high school... Oh wait, right, through asspats, pampering, and cheats.
Fuck.

*That she doesn't even have a job
:iconoranges-lemons:
oranges-lemons Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
To be honest, compared to my studies at the moment, I find art to be very relaxing and mindless.
Tho, I'm not exactly a fine artist.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sounds like a turd, slap her in the face. :3
:iconmsmuffinphotography:
MsMuffinPhotography Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow, what an idiot. I spend hours obsessing over my artwork, and for someone to say that art is mindless is just completely ignorant.
You're right, people these days have no work ethic.
:iconhewhoflewandfell:
Hewhoflewandfell Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Lol show her your last art history textbook....That shit is EVEN MORE COMPLICATED than normal history XD
:iconinkedalivebycolors:
Inkedalivebycolors Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
She's ______.
:icondezenerate:
Dezenerate Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Ratchet.
:iconinkedalivebycolors:
Inkedalivebycolors Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:evileye:
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
She's one of those people that thinks it's easy until she's told to do it herself. :no:
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
She's only hating on art because she's probably shit at it. Jealousy is a good motivator for complaint.
Add a Comment: