Money > safety, obviously.

I heavily bruised my hip because I fell off my bike because the fucking municipality has this new rule where they only salt the "main" roads, leaving the "normal" roads us cyclists take as a fucking sheet of ice. Seriously, you hear it creaking beneath your damn feet. Now I can't work for at least two days, I can't go to the gym this weekend and I'm in a hell of pain simply because it's cheaper to leave the cycling paths dangerous as fuck.

And this was only the first damn day of snow! Look at all the other limbs I can still injure!

tldr: pppppaaaiiiiiiiinn.
Comments125
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, icy roads are scary! My bike once slipped from under me, but fortunately I landed on my bum so I was only sore for a short while. Another time I fell flat on my face, kissing the concrete quite literally. Then I showed up at work with an upper lip like Pocahontas, LOL!

I believe the municipality is still responsible for the safety of the roads though. Hope your hip feels better soon!
Thanks, it's already feeling about 70% better. I'm glad the rain washed away all the snow.
As a biker. I can relate.
Thank goodness. People hardly do.
Get a car, hippie!
Are you going to pay one for me? And the bike is the most used mode of transportation in the Netherlands.
It's snowing; why use a freaking bike?
Because I need to get to my school and work?
I hope you feel better soon there. =/
Thanks babe!
Wait... aren't you from a place where the bicycle is less a toy and more a mode of transportation? :confused:
As far as I know it's our main way of transportation.
Darn, I wish we had that weather. :noes:

Right now, we're having warm weather but it should return to normal. It's still pretty warm, but not as much.
I don't like really warm weather and I don't mind the cold, but I mind when it's "wet" outside, which includes snow.
Your bike is the one to blame, obviously. :nod:
It wanted to get rid of me, that BASTARD.
You need to kill it before it kills you. :faint:
Money > Everything
Money > Everything > *prosaix
There, I fixed it for you :bucktooth: