Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 124

Money > safety, obviously.

:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I heavily bruised my hip because I fell off my bike because the fucking municipality has this new rule where they only salt the "main" roads, leaving the "normal" roads us cyclists take as a fucking sheet of ice. Seriously, you hear it creaking beneath your damn feet. Now I can't work for at least two days, I can't go to the gym this weekend and I'm in a hell of pain simply because it's cheaper to leave the cycling paths dangerous as fuck.

And this was only the first damn day of snow! Look at all the other limbs I can still injure!

tldr: pppppaaaiiiiiiiinn.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconms-junesummers:
Ms-JuneSummers Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Writer
Yeah, icy roads are scary! My bike once slipped from under me, but fortunately I landed on my bum so I was only sore for a short while. Another time I fell flat on my face, kissing the concrete quite literally. Then I showed up at work with an upper lip like Pocahontas, LOL!

I believe the municipality is still responsible for the safety of the roads though. Hope your hip feels better soon!
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Thanks, it's already feeling about 70% better. I'm glad the rain washed away all the snow.
:iconms-junesummers:
Ms-JuneSummers Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Writer
Ah, that's good! :)
:iconkightster:
Kightster Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
As a biker. I can relate.
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Thank goodness. People hardly do.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional
Get a car, hippie!
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Are you going to pay one for me? And the bike is the most used mode of transportation in the Netherlands.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional
No, hippie!
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
It's snowing; why use a freaking bike?
Elmida Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Because I need to get to my school and work?
Add a Comment: