On a routine venture into my favorite land of the greatest pessimists of DA...

...I stumbled upon a greatly disturbing presence.

I would like for you all to remain calm, if you aren't already...and maybe you have already dealt with it accordingly...

BUT, I believe there is an individual running rampant who seems to think he/she knows a thing or two about...the arts.

I may have made a grave mistake uttering anything about this creature and I may have fallen into a dastardly trap by clarifying that I am in fact aware of this dumbfounding, debauched beacon of completely misinformed nonsense. However, I cannot begin to describe how unbelievably infuriated I am that people like this exist. I thought conceitedness of such a paramount extent was only a myth, or rather a cruel anecdote used to knock cocky little freshmen art students into shape.

I am furious.
Comments40
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Surely we are all ignorant to his/her obviously still dormant talent!
Salutations sire of the most high social status, shall i inquire if yonder mood has been disturbed by a rather upsetting turn of events a.k.a. umad?
Uh oh... It's not me, is it? I can handle the truth DX
if he's going to be an elitist prick, he should at least have the skills to back it up.
I've locked a few of his threads, but.. eh, you'll meet all sorts, I suppose.
Hmpf. You're just not a good enough artist to appreciate his brilliance. Obviously.

The sad thing is, I'm getting these urges to paint. Just because I know what he-who-shall-not-be-named is trying to do, and missing, and it happens to be something I CAN do.

Of course, I am also lazy. Hence the digital art. But I bet there's a prepared canvas left around somewhere in the studio store room, and if I leave it to dry in the blowing area it shouldn't take that long...

Art out of spite. Haven't felt that in years.

'You! You irritate me SO MUCH I'm going to undertake this monumental pain in the ass just so you can get SKOOLED, BOI!'
Oh, him.

I was going on thinking he just needs exposure for his work, which is great by the way.

Then this: [link]

:roll: THE END.
Oh, him? He's not really that big an issue. Just another holier-than-thou artist who tries to put others down. Honestly, I think the proudtobeasian accounts are more annoying than that guy.
I fear him because I feel I am the antithesis of him as a painter. A challenge that I am not equipped to face, due to my unusually poor self esteem.

"Buuuuuh....what am I even doing with my stupid self and my stupid informed art...blaaaaah."

Mh hm.
You know what the hallmark of a real artist is? They do whatever the fuck they want without regard to blowhards like that.
1. He isn't a troll. A troll wouldn't post on ConceptArt to get serious critique on his work, which he had been doing way before he got serious with getting involved with the dA community. And people must think that oil paint and acrylic paint must be cheap for a troll to waste money on creating artwork. His paintings aren't scribbles no matter what people think. He's actually spent time on them and people who paint know that he just didn't slap that shit together. No troll, I don't care how dedicated, would do that and at the same time want people to give feedback on their artwork. That's time and money.

That doesn't even make sense. He's been on dA for a while. And he posts on the general art forums for serious discussions. People just want to believe he's a troll because they don't believe someone would think like this when in fact many fine art students think exactly like this and even worse. His latest post was an attempt to stir up controversy, as he said, but he's a real person.

2. Despite him being a real person, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. He has his standards, just like everyone else here. I've seen so many people here make fun of artwork, people's photos, etc. and suddenly they're offended by what he says isn't art or who is an artist? That's kind of ridiculous. What he says is bullshit, but its his opinion.

3. This is how a lot of people on dA think. Not a vast majority, probably a minority. And this is how the fine art world operates. The squabble like this with their peers, thinking their shit doesn't think. If you think he's the worst and he's a troll, be thankful you don't have to interact with that scene. Because there's a whole new level of pretentiousness you wouldn't believe. They aren't right about anything they say, but they stuck so far up their own ass that people outside of that world are considered not even worth the dirt on their feet.
You're right, he's not a troll. Which makes it really sad.

It's not so much his art itself that is a problem. It's not horrible. It's not amazing,either. It's OK.

But he doesn't see that. He's up there comparing himself to Jackson Pollock.

But if you really DO feel you're that brilliant, then you shouldn't get so pissed when people don't like what you do. Which is the other problem. Insisting it is good won't make people like it, it just makes you a jerk.

When it comes down to actual technical skill and composition, his work lacks brilliance. It's not quite far enough in any direction to be really good art. It just needs to be pushed a little one way or another.
Another problem he has, which is what I told him another thread he made that got relocated here, is the surfaces he uses. I would never, ever use cardboard for anything but practice. And he needs to use something beyond paint thinner to make his paint last.

He just needs to change his attitude. His attitude is what is stopping him from progressing in his art which would be something great if he stopped which this bullshit he pulls. :no::
Meh, that style is what you get from someone in every figure painting class you take anywhere, ever. It's just a student artist with a big ego, who'd imagine it? xD
I've only been around one and she's an elderly woman. :giggle:
See, that almost makes it worth it. If you're old enough to get to talk shit to anybody
I liked this, I liked this a lot. Definitely a stellar perspective.
*they
*stink
*they are

:paranoid:
Nopenopenopenopenopenope.
Their art scares me.
It's a troll, I believe.
Oh, I know what thread and user you mean( If I read correctly )

he/she is dumb. :no:
I was going to take action, because somehow I felt naturally obligated to do so, and figured he's just insane. Or she. Or I wat huh.
I knew IT was insane when I saw some of the shit in that gallery. :fear: