Grammar

Two things: It's ARTIST, not DRAWER, and you MULTIPLY something, you don't TIMES it. Those are like first grade things, and I hear them all the time! Even from the teachers.
Seriously, come on.
Sorry for excessive caps, by the way.
Comments73
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Not everybody's first language is English.
Because typing multiply is too many letters?

And what if they're legitimately callling people drawers, you pull-out wooden storage container? It COULD be a new creative insult!
You're such a drawer!
I am offended you, you drawer!
I stopped calling visual artists 'drawers' in year three. Yet I use 'times' and 'multiply' equally. Don't ask me why - habit?
you sound like your trying to be a teacher yourself telling us how we should pronounce things XD lol
I think drawer is perfectly fine for what you do.
You mean someone who draws but isn't good at it, like myself?
I implied nothing.
Saying something like "three times four" is correct though. Just saying.
I know it is, I should probably elaborate on that- I mean when people use it as a verb, like "times 1 by 3 to get 3."
i will call you a drawer because your 'art' is shit!
i ate a bunches of macaroni an now im indigested :(
dude, why can't you grammar?
Now I'm upset because I never memorized my times tables. I cant times my sixes very well.... And it's all your fault.
I keep my drawers in a chest of drawers. Then I drawer upon it.

(okay, so technically the last one is spelled "draw" but pronounced "drawer" thanks to the following vowel sound :B)
I'm a drawer! :la:
:la: Yes! I make paintings and hold clothes!
I've noticed that a lot of people who use 'drawer' don't have English as their primary language. This makes it more understandable, since there's no GOOD reason a 'drawer' isn't 'a person who draws'. A painter paints, after all, and for some reason you can be an 'artist' but not an 'arter'. But obviously to anyone who grew up speaking English and isn't 10 years old, 'drawer' is just a terrible word when not relating to furniture.