It's the endless repeating that gets me

Petty rants are petty. Anyway, the following has been my work-week.

Dear customers:
Yes, our employees are running late this week. Yes, we know.
Now look out the window. Have you looked? OK, good. Do you see the large amounts of snow, sludge, and ice? You do? OK, good.
Now, could you possibly connect the dots, and realize that we have some delays due to the roads being rather dangerous to drive at a normal speed on? Please?

Dear co-workers:
Yes, I know it sucks that you haven’t gotten a copying machine set up over at your wing yet. I get it.
But could you please CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR TO THE HALL, when you go to use the one in here?
You see me, sitting there in that huge room with just the one heater, asking you over and over again to please close the door behind you.
I tell you over and over again, I’m cold. I’m actually wearing my jacket indoors now.
CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR!

Tl;dr: Little annoyances repeated grow fucking big.
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
LOL god thank you ... (hahahahaha) *ducks outside quickly and slams the door shut behind me*
I'm scared of how stupid people are. :nuu:
At my work place, we put a sign (piece of paper that says, "Close the door behind you")... and yet, people still don't close it. We are losing heat or cool air because of this.
Ugh!

We have one on the door to the bathroom. It's small, and when someone takes a crap out there, they need to open the window and close the door behind them when leaving, to avoid the smell and cold getting everywhere.

This is just too difficult for some people.
Send some of your snow to me. I want snow. :grump:
Leave a sign for all of them. :nod:
A responsible employee would leave earlier to get to work due to ice and snow
Yeah, you don't get it. It's OK, I wasn't very clear: We send out staff to provide cleaning and personal care for elderly and disabled people.
Our staff drive from person to person during the day.
They can't start early enough to compensate, as that would mean they would have to yank the first person out of bed by 5am or earlier, and that's unacceptable, naturally.
Yes. But sometimes it can be hard to judge how much extra time is needed. Plus, there could be unexpected events on the road that would be impossible to know of before - especially in the beginning of winter.
Yeah I hate it when annoying things get pointlessly repeaYeah I hate it when annoying things get pointlessly repeaYeah I hate it when annoying things gYeah I hate it when annoying things get Yeah I hate it Yeah I hate it Yeah I hate it whenYeah I hate it when annoying things get pointlessly YeYeYeYeah I hate it when annoying things get pointlessly repeateYeah I hate it when annoying when annoying when annoying when annoying when annoying things get pointlessly repeated.
... What if they don't want to close the door?
I had to deal with some shitty customers this week too so I feel your pain. :petting:
Customers suck.
They do sometimes. My nametag clearly states that I'm a trainee, so of course some customers ask me something, notice that and then refuse to believe my answer. :grump:
I once worked a short stint in Men's Wear. :lol:

Being a girl, it didn't matter if I had ordered the pants, put the pants in inventory, stocked the shelves with the pants, and just about centred my life around the damn pants.
I could not be trusted to tell men whether or not there were any more pants in their size!
I was clearly ignorant and also to lazy to go look "in the back".

I'm the Pants Expert of Amazing Power, dammit, fuckers! :rage:
Pants Expert of Amazing Power

If you have a nametag, you need to include that. Right now.
Where I work now, I can actually make name tags. :shifty:
Thankfully I have never had this problem till now. :la:
Just close the fucking door with a key, he'll get the hint :lol:
That would be funny!
Sadly, one of the people who does close the door and is also my boss, uses that door too.
Give him a key ._.?