My Personal Flaming Hoops

So I have a dream. My dream is to work in Civil Service, particularly in Land Use Planning and/or Administration. However, I'm a little worried that the universe is going to make this path as tedious as possible for me.

The first problem to contend to is my location. Personally, I'd like to work with BLM or the County Admin, but USFS is the only agency with vacancies right now. Unfortunate, but nothing to be done there.

The second problem is the type of work available for my education level. Positions are done on a Grade System, and I'm only eligible for Grade 3 and below (1 year of college experience). Now, if I can get my A.S. I'll jump to Grade 4 or even Grade 5, but that won't be for another 6-12 months.

The third problem is all the positions at my level are seasonal. I won't start until around April, perhaps March at the earliest. And employment will end in October, so after that point I'll need to re-do the entire process.

The fourth, and final problem is that the entire process is online based. I can go into the field offices and introduce myself (and have already done so), but it won't make any difference to my being employed by USFS or not. And it depresses me.

TL;DR: Dreams and personal aspirations suck.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well didn't you get kicked out or something?

What is this thread really about?
Seasonal is the door to getting a full-time job in many cases. If nothing else, it would be a good way to get to know people so if you want to be re-hired you have connections.
That sounds pretty tough. I do hate jumping through hoops to get somewhere, though.. but life is like that. =/
Fuck, that's a boring-sounding dream.
Isn't that the entire point of a dream? I expect it to be decades before I live my "dream", but that doesn't bother me at all. Half the fun is getting there :shrug:
When did the "^" transform into "`" O.o?
My term ended monday. :noes: I didn't know how much I'd miss the hat until it was gone.
Sooo what does that mean, you can't lock threads anymore and stuff?
I'm an impatient fuck! :shakefist:

But in all seriousness, I just want the door to open so I can start proving myself to others. So I can start showing everyone I have what it takes for this field.
Shove the door open. :nod:

Bomb it. :la:
I could melt the door with thermite, but I'd probably also end up melting the floor...and whatever is below it.
That's understandable. :O

Good luck. :nod: