Idiots who slam the taps on when you're in the shower

So as the story goes, right?

I'm getting this shower, right?
And I give everyone prior warning, to just say, "Oh hey, don't run the water, I'm gunna be in the shower. You'll probably... You know, fucking kill me or something." right?

So I get in the shower, and low and behold, after two minutes of a measly attempt from the showerhead to give my skin a little hydration, some fucker turns on a tap. Then another. Then another. Then again, and then another.

When I get out after completely fucking giving up hopes that the person doing it is only getting a glass of water, I go downstairs to see just what kind of waterpark they're trying to run.

Now, somehow, I'm the bad bastard for taking 10 minutes in a shower. Forgive me, but, no fucker else in this house gets in the shower straight away. That's pretty much asking for hypothermia, it takes a minute or two to warm up else you're risking just straight up death from the unGodly ray of somehow above freezing water. Not only that, but when it gets cold, the shower curtain wants to wrap you up like a Constrictor - also in it's sub Arctic temperatures.

Anyways, I get in after two minutes, it takes a further two until some idiot rams the taps wide open downstairs and then it just gets impossible from there out. I have to wait a minute a time for it to warm back up, then the heat lasts 20 seconds, by which point it's either at the point of boiling your skin, or freezing you in place if you don't avoid that shit like the Matrix.

I come downstairs again, hardly in a good mood, and yet I'm the one yelled at for spending '20' minutes in the shower. This is now all my fault. Yeah.

Sorry, but, fuck off. If you're going to be a total pillock and run the bastard water while some unwitting soul is probably suffering something akin to the Onion Skin Weathering effect on his/her skin, you should be shot.

Anti Complaint: Got the Batman DVD today *Struggles to smile from the jaws victim of chattering so intense they fell apart*

Anti Anti Complaint: The internet decided it didn't like life anymore for a while after my initial attempt at creating this post :stare:
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
ikr? I have to shower when nobody is home. :stare:
Hey, it's life.
Damn, you're in an old building. o-O I can run the dishwasher, washing machine, and the shower at the same time and feel nothing.
This is hilarious. Stop being grumpy.
Stop taking so long in the shower and they won't mess with the tap :B
Showers do not, regardless of what people may say, take 5 minutes or less a time >.>

Not showers that are actually showers, and not just stepping under the water to enjoy the feeling of getting wet and watching water trickle over yourself :stare:
Neither does it take an hour or two. If you have roommates waiting to get their own shower done, taking longer than necessary is just plain inconsiderate and might lead to someone messing with the tap.
I've never taken longer than 30 minutes :shifty:

And alright, but that was just once!

Either way, I'm usually the last to shower, I have too much to do during the rest of the day and shower closer to night.
Still, yelling at people not to mess with the taps before you shower is practically an invitation for people to mess with the taps, just to be contrary.
I never said I'd yelled at them beforehand :o
I have an ancient shower and everyone whines about this and I just don't understand it. People use the water all the time when I'm in the shower and I never bitch. :shrug:
Does it get cold enough to open a wormhole to Pluto? :shifty:
So glad this isn't a problem with showering here. I live with one other person, in a complex, with glass doors instead of a curtain :nod: I remember living with my parents and dealing with this. While I was in the shower, someone would decide to do their laundry or wash the dishes at that very moment.
No punishment is too great :XD:
Sounds like something I'd do :giggle:
My brother said when he was in Nebraska, one apartment he was in would run out of cold water. The temperature would fluctuate some and then it would suddenly be boiling hot.

I just realized I have never lived in a place where this was a problem. When I was living with roommates in an apartment, I worked early morning custodial, so I was showering at 4 in the morning. And when I lived in a dorm, the bathroom and showers were communal, so it was just little stalls that never really ran out of hot water.

I really wanna take a hot bath now. That sounds nice.
I didn't even know it was possible to run out of cold water.
Neither did he.
How do you run out of cold water?!
I don't know.
This happens to me then people get really mad because I take ages in the shower because I'm waiting for it to warm up.
They've done it a few times to get me out of the shower when I take too long, that also sucks, but not as much.

I admit, I take a long time in the shower, not sure why but it's to do with just being incredibly warm and snug feeling :XD: Hence ruining it with freezing cold water is unthinkable :stare:
Should do it back to them.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of timing, I suppose?
Their inability to follow time without a second by second clock is the timing issue :stare: :no:

I will be getting them back, though. I might just get everyone back, on suspision of conspiracy :P