Fable III: Horrible Endings

Recently at the game store the game Fable III caught my eye. As a fan of Oblivion and other RPG's I picked it up as it had been given a decent review by the trusty old IGN. After playing through the beginning quest I did my best to continue making promises to these characters who I had sympathy for. After I cover all of these quests and am crowned Queen I was given a number of decisions upon entering my treasury. Unbeknownst to me the game skips ahead a certain number of days before the said 'sandman' appears. After an hour or so of game play I find myself fighting the final boss. The boss battle only lasted a few moments while I was button mashing. Due to the fact the game does not warn players the fact the game skips ahead upon entering the treasury I was left with only 200,000 civilians still alive, all of whom's undying hatred can only be quenched by a delivery of flowers. I will never play this game again. It is has two many open ends and the graphics are nothing to brag about.
Comments123
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would like it better if the main character was still the stoic, silent figure in the first two games, because then you can imagine a personality for yourself. The way they did it in the third one... you're a good person, no matter what, you've just had to make some rough decisions in life. Whoop-dee-do, so I slaughtered an entire village for the good of my kingdom?
I played them all and here's my summary of them:

Fable I was the shit.
Fable II was meh.
Fable III is actualy shit.
I like your rating system.
Yeah the game did seem to have a story worth reading in less than five minutes - nothing compared to the first Fable. Sure, you can do all these extra things, but all of that other stuff seemed a bit too 'Sims'ish for me. I was there for an adventure, not to go and visit a child with an annoying voice, or to build up enough money to save everyone without being hated through endless minigames.

My favourite character has to die at the end as well, which I really didn't like. Then again, the dog survived in this one - that was brutal in the last. Must say, never playing the game again.
It seems as though the first Fable was the most promising.
:no: Fable 3 has been for a while. You're just now complaining?

My only complaint with it was that it killed off my favorite character. :grump:
I got the game used and only recently acquired an Xbox.
Nicolas Cage. :lol:
The game was alright and the accents were terrible so I killed everyone.
Really? Wow you suck. Fable III was awesome, better than Fable II but nothing compared to Fable I.

And the ending.

I came here to bitch about how easy it was, not that I lost :lol: I had more than enough money to go into battle before any of the days even passed. It's kind of ridiculous to bash the entire game based on one small part you screwed up. I mean, did it even just drop down like that? I don't remember the numbers being consistent towards the end at all.
I guess it was disappointing because there wasn't much of a challenge. All I had to do was point and fire. I had a plan, because I purchased all of the property after becoming the ruler. I mistakenly walked into the treasury. I loved the opening story and the art. It was disappointing for a person who purchased the game without any prior knowledge.
But it's not the kind of game you should just punch and kick through. I take my sweet ass time spawning tons of babies and making my wives fight, and owning every property in every single land.

What does suck in the entire series, I think, is magic. In that if you use magic you can basically roll through the game, there's no fighting challenge. That and in the third game, all death means is you miss out on an xbox achievement that I reaaaally didn't care about. Death is meaningless.
Well at least you didn't get you reviews from Destructroid.:no:

Besides, Fable is fail. You should try Ultima Underworld or Morrowind if you want a good action rpg.
Morrowind would be a great addition.
I can never think of Ultima Underworld without thinking of this:

[link]

Heh, heh, "Cock-Hydra".
Bah, spoony. He needs to do a better Ultima Underworld II review.:grump:
Yeah, he kind of rushed through the underworld games, but he more than made up for it with his Ultima 9 finale.

:iconspoonyplz::iconsaysplz:That, my friend...is a PALADIN!

:icongunplz:
He sure did. My god, Ultima IX was such fail.:lol:
IGN... There's your problem.
I get that a lot.
I hope you've learned your lesson
Could be worse.

Could be G4.
:nod: You always get what you pay for with used games.