Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 122

Fable III: Horrible Endings

:iconflicher:
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Recently at the game store the game Fable III caught my eye. As a fan of Oblivion and other RPG's I picked it up as it had been given a decent review by the trusty old IGN. After playing through the beginning quest I did my best to continue making promises to these characters who I had sympathy for. After I cover all of these quests and am crowned Queen I was given a number of decisions upon entering my treasury. Unbeknownst to me the game skips ahead a certain number of days before the said 'sandman' appears. After an hour or so of game play I find myself fighting the final boss. The boss battle only lasted a few moments while I was button mashing. Due to the fact the game does not warn players the fact the game skips ahead upon entering the treasury I was left with only 200,000 civilians still alive, all of whom's undying hatred can only be quenched by a delivery of flowers. I will never play this game again. It is has two many open ends and the graphics are nothing to brag about.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconleucisticcrow:
LeucisticCrow Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I would like it better if the main character was still the stoic, silent figure in the first two games, because then you can imagine a personality for yourself. The way they did it in the third one... you're a good person, no matter what, you've just had to make some rough decisions in life. Whoop-dee-do, so I slaughtered an entire village for the good of my kingdom?
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
I played them all and here's my summary of them:

Fable I was the shit.
Fable II was meh.
Fable III is actualy shit.
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like your rating system.
:iconmeowywoofferson:
MeowyWoofferson Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah the game did seem to have a story worth reading in less than five minutes - nothing compared to the first Fable. Sure, you can do all these extra things, but all of that other stuff seemed a bit too 'Sims'ish for me. I was there for an adventure, not to go and visit a child with an annoying voice, or to build up enough money to save everyone without being hated through endless minigames.

My favourite character has to die at the end as well, which I really didn't like. Then again, the dog survived in this one - that was brutal in the last. Must say, never playing the game again.
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It seems as though the first Fable was the most promising.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
:no: Fable 3 has been for a while. You're just now complaining?

My only complaint with it was that it killed off my favorite character. :grump:
I got the game used and only recently acquired an Xbox.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I see. :icongo--onplz:
:iconrokage:
ROKAGE Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Nicolas Cage. :lol:
:iconallah-saurus:
allah-saurus Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
The game was alright and the accents were terrible so I killed everyone.
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Really? Wow you suck. Fable III was awesome, better than Fable II but nothing compared to Fable I.

And the ending.

I came here to bitch about how easy it was, not that I lost :lol: I had more than enough money to go into battle before any of the days even passed. It's kind of ridiculous to bash the entire game based on one small part you screwed up. I mean, did it even just drop down like that? I don't remember the numbers being consistent towards the end at all.
I guess it was disappointing because there wasn't much of a challenge. All I had to do was point and fire. I had a plan, because I purchased all of the property after becoming the ruler. I mistakenly walked into the treasury. I loved the opening story and the art. It was disappointing for a person who purchased the game without any prior knowledge.
But it's not the kind of game you should just punch and kick through. I take my sweet ass time spawning tons of babies and making my wives fight, and owning every property in every single land.

What does suck in the entire series, I think, is magic. In that if you use magic you can basically roll through the game, there's no fighting challenge. That and in the third game, all death means is you miss out on an xbox achievement that I reaaaally didn't care about. Death is meaningless.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Well at least you didn't get you reviews from Destructroid.:no:

Besides, Fable is fail. You should try Ultima Underworld or Morrowind if you want a good action rpg.
Morrowind would be a great addition.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I can never think of Ultima Underworld without thinking of this:

[link]

Heh, heh, "Cock-Hydra".
Bah, spoony. He needs to do a better Ultima Underworld II review.:grump:
Yeah, he kind of rushed through the underworld games, but he more than made up for it with his Ultima 9 finale.

:iconspoonyplz::iconsaysplz:That, my friend...is a PALADIN!

:icongunplz:
He sure did. My god, Ultima IX was such fail.:lol:
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
IGN... There's your problem.
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I get that a lot.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I hope you've learned your lesson
Could be worse.

Could be G4.
:nod: You always get what you pay for with used games.
:iconjoedoubleclick:
JoeDoubleclick Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
You can pick all the "good" choices and make well over the amount of money you need, if you always bought and maintained buildings. You can leave them on the default rents, and it still works. It's up to you when to advance the story, so you have plenty of time.
I always found the evil route significantly more profitable, but I never re-did the game as evil with Fable III, was it not the case then? I do remember reading something about once you kill the population it no longer repopulates...
JoeDoubleclick Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, it tries to tempt you that way by making it seem impossible to be "good" without everyone dying, but it's just an illusion. You'll certainly make plenty of money effortlessly if you opt for evil in Fable III, but you can still be good and retain all of your allies, save all of the people and protect the environment. There are a few evil-only missions which I've never played, but I'm told that even though you have to kill innocent people as an entry requirement you can still repair your morality later just by donating to the treasury. It's a pretty flimsy morality system.

I haven't tried the "evil" route either. I tried, and even though it's just a game I still couldn't do it because I am a sad case. Same with Dishonored: I beat the whole thing without being seen and without killing a single person, and then completely failed to try the alternatives on my second play. I have still never killed anybody in Dunwall.
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Hahaha, I'm really good at slaughtering entire towns in the older Fables where they just keep repopulating. The way the townspeople gang up and start to mock you only made me murder more. What I am the worst at, though, is murdering within the plot. Senseless murder, okay, but I just couldn't kill my girlfriend in Fable III, she was the only attractive NPC.
JoeDoubleclick Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
:O So you let several innocent people DIE? That's the first giant leap for evilkind! And you did it because she was cute?

I might never be able to get the feeling of dirtiness out of my message centre. Oh sure, the tickbox says "Remove this message after I reply", but I don't think there's enough internet bleach in the world for this.

bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
They weren't innocent, they were unattractive and disruptive. :unimpressed: I killed her the first time and then quickly regretted it and restarted the game. Those people are useless to keep around, whereas you actually get a plotline with her later on if you don't whack her.
JoeDoubleclick Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
:D

I bet you'd have killed the dog if you could sell its fur at the shop.
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
No. Never. I fucking love dogs.
(1 Reply)
It may have been a better experience if they had given some warning about stepping into the treasury.
JoeDoubleclick Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Yeah. I guess if you knew, then there'd be no challenge and hardly anyone would see the "bad" ending.

The first time I played it I still got the "good" result even though I had to compromise over some of the big decisions halfway through, and obviously the second time I knew when to stop the main story and complete the side quests while the rent built up. There are some things you can do to trick it - if you raise rent early, you can then get a morality boost by dropping rents later after making a lot of cash upfront. As I say, it's not really necessary. Just sell everything except for things that might conceivably be requested by your family later (children's toys, necklaces, perfumes) since they net very little money and they can be a pain to fetch.

Like a lot of Lionhead games, it had high ambitions but it didn't quite hit them. I liked it enough though, mostly for the exploration, and I was happy to support a game that would hire people such as Stephen Fry and Simon Pegg for the voice acting.
:iconbrunomonsterberg:
BrunoMonsterberg Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
Fable III was pretty bad. The graphics were awful and the fact it just skips ahead to when the Dark comes so abruptly before you can make anymore money for the treasure sucks. But it was entertainingly bad so I just kept making children.
How many children did you manage to have?
I got to around ten before I got bored with it.
That is quite an accomplishment for such a bad game.
I had a lot of time where I had nothing better to do. It came with my Xbox and I wasn't quite done with Halo: Reach but I was taking a break from it.
Are you allowed to name them?
BrunoMonsterberg Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
No. Well. Kind of. But I wasn't that productive. They were all John, Kate and Susie. I didn't bother with it that much.
Understandable.
(1 Reply)
:icongman313:
GMan313 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
>IGN

>Trustworthy

Select one.
>TRUSTWORTHY
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
By the time I was crowned I had something around 11 Millions in Gold and I basically walzed through the second half, not even letting Reaver START to talk before I decided.
Oh, that costs 150 000? *points and laughs*

The idea was funny, the final version sucked so hard that I finished the game and then gave it away. Since I'm a game hoarder normally, that's quite something. d:
That is awesome. How did you manage that? The fact that the story line is so ridged destroyed the game. Not to mention the lack of customization. 5 outfits...
The game was only $10...it was a "how could it go wrong?" moment.
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Fable Tactics. You get money? You buy houses. You get more money from the ones who rent them. From that money you buy more houses. Till you own the whole map. From there you get about... 700 000 gold every time the rent is due. Which makes it ridiculously easy to get way too much money. It was the same in Fable II (which had already been a rather weak game. I wonder why the hell I bought part III...).

You can actually have a massive amount of outfits though. O-o BUT only 5 get displayed at a time. You have to scroll through them. AND only the complete ones get displayed. The other stuff can be combined like you want.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I liked the first one even though it was incredibly short and didn't live up to the hype.
Is the story line similar in all of the games?
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I've only played the first and a bit of the third. The first one you start as a child and your village is attacked and destroyed. You then get taken to the heroes guild where you grow up and start doing quests.
Add a Comment: