6: You've never painted
7: You have never took a course in art
8: If you JUST do photography
9: If you never fill up a canvas, or piece of paper when drawing
10: If your best painting or drawing is abstract

Comments777
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Same, not a complaint.
Wow, the ignorance is just oozing out of this thread or are you trolling?
Anybody who expresses themselves creatively is an artist. m'kay?
Ahahahahahahaha! This is hilarious.

" 6: You've never painted " Oh? So this means that all of those ridiculously good artists who draw hyperrealism with only a pencil aren't artists?

And about number 10, you know what I'm lazy and this is far too hilarious. hahaha
Ignore what I said about your painting. I've been looking at it more and more and I fucking love it. It's definitely my favorite of the ones you have so far
I really don't know why people are insulting it either. That and the one with the blue hair shows improvement. But dude, you need to think about my advice with the mediums to mix with your paint. And your strongest paintings are definitely your most emotional.
I not trying to hold you up. But this...

What is you take on it? Please. Its entitled: "The Process of Evaporation"
Clever title on aging. As far the message goes you hit the right point; letting the viewer know exactly what you're trying to convey without being too mysterious about it. The composition is strong; good choice with the position of subjects.

I'm feeling that you could have used more colors in this painting considering your style and that you blended just a little too much. With using more color the emotion behind the concept, I feel, would have come off a little stronger. I don't know, I feel like more blues and purples would have really added some more dimension to it. Otherwise, it's pretty tight.
thanks yo. So what type of mediums should i use again.
When you're using acrylics, I would use clear gel mediums. When using oils, I would suggest making your own mediums, but if you can't, look up Liquin and Linseed oil
There are stupid and all of them pretty much have genres or scenarios where they don't apply at all.

There are outsider artists, selftrained artists, and so on.

Also, your painting is exceedingly mediocre, bordering on bad.
although I hold the belief (personal opinion) that somethings simply aren't art and some people will turn the shittiest thing into some sort of "too deep for you, I'm amazing" message...... you still need to humble the fuck up.

Everything you listed is restrictive to art and artists. What is art with borders?
Art, to the human race, is completely subjective.

It would seem you've been diseased by the egotistical ways of an "art school".
just stating my opinion bub
2: You need a story to define you art -Unless you're writing a story, are a comic artist or just combining a story and an image to create art.

6: You've never painted -Some artists work in other mediums. *facepalm*

7: You have never took a course in art -Tell that to the hundreds of untrained or self-trained artists out there and to every artist before institutionalized art.

8: If you JUST do photography -Tell that to artistic photographers.

9: If you never fill up a canvas, or piece of paper when drawing -Tell that to Miro and countless others.

10: If your best painting or drawing is abstract -Tell that to all the abstract artists who have influenced the world of art.

I thought that, after Rodin, Picasso and the likes, art as a rigid institution of arbritrary rules was dead?
i am bring it back
Corrected: "I am bringing it back."
Mein Gott, I hate poor English...

Well, good luck to you on your little mission, here on the internet, which is only surpassed in vastness by the universe itself.
i am well known on the net
Correction: "I get enough attention on dA to believe I have some sort of an influence on anything."
You must be new here.
11. Directly upload copyrighted work to create crappy collages.

Yeahhhhhh nice arts you got there....yeahhhh..........yeah...