Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 97

Commission slavery

:iconindiron:
Indiron Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
So.. I was having commissions 50% off for the week and some guy wanted a weapon design. It took him 2 weeks to actually note me with what he needed. He was apparently from some RP website or whatever. He didnt pay the full 50% upfront, he just sent 10 bucks, from the total 25, so I was like bah mkay whatever. So I finished working on it, used the blueprint he provided me with etc and sent the final preview image with a watermark. Then he replies that he wants this thing changed, that thing changed, he talked with his colleges, with his boss and they want this and that changed. I was like lolwhat, sent him that revisions cost additional money and he was like: Dear sir we want a refund as we are not satisfied.
I told him to go back 200 years ago if he wants a slave..
What do you guys think?
Oh btw heres the link to the gun if anyone cares: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
If someone wants to make sure you got their concept right, they should notify the artist in advance that they want to see a "rough draft". If he didn't request to see one, well tough on him, he was paying you $10 fucking dollars.
:iconbumsy:
Bumsy Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I really like the gun, looks like a professional piece of concept art. You shouldn't have been paid peanuts for it, though.
Indiron Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you, well Ive been working in a few companies freelance over the last years, but I cant say that I'm really that experienced. Yet I lowered the prices to almost nothing because I just wanted to get some commissions going to fill up my DA profile with some examples. Learned my lesson now >.>
:iconnagem1891:
Nagem1891 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
sounds like he was trying to get out of work himself. If he needed his bosses apporval on it I am pretty sure HE was supposed to design it himself
:iconkeyogrlripper:
KeyoGrlRipper Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
This would explain quite a bit actually. Who on earth expects revisions from a commission if they don't specify it beforehand? Also, if it is being used for some kind of other project, shouldn't there be another fee attached? Bah.
:iconnagem1891:
Nagem1891 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I would think if they are planning to use it in anything they must give credit to OP for the design. A commission should not need revisions at all, people should say exactly what kind of thing they want and get whatever the OP does. I mean you can say you won't pay for it unless some things are adjusted but to pay for it and THEN demand revisions? This guy is crude
Indiron Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
probably >.>
:iconallah-saurus:
allah-saurus Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Yikes comparing a shit client to slavery... Maybe stop being so melodramatic and stop staring work before you receive the full deposit?
:iconjjmyster22:
JJmyster22 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Hahahahahah he actually wants his money back? Seriously? I guess it'd be okay for him to be that demanding if he were paying you more, but seeing as he took two weeks to get to you and is complaining, that's just not cool.
Indiron Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
yeah hes fucking crazy lol
Add a Comment: