I've had enough confrontations with my mortality, thank you.

I got the scare of my life on my way home from school today.

No, it wasn't an army of spiders (though that did happen on Saturday while I was getting out the Christmas decorations...I'm not going into my basement ever again :stare:). It wasn't a clown. It wasn't a horde of sentient mushrooms.

No, today while I was on the way home from school I was nearly in a car accident. :stare:

I was sitting in the passenger street and we were coming to a stop at a traffic light, when another car came out of nowhere and nearly slammed into us.

Right.

Where.

I.

Was.

Sitting. :stare:

The driver of the car I was in managed to get out of the way just in time, and the other car sped off before I could fully process what had just happened.

I had a bit of an increased heart rate for the rest of the ride home, but when I got home I was greeted at the door by my kitten, who was rubbing up against me and meowing happily because mama was finally home.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I broke down right there in the front hallway.

I'm still extremely pale, shaky, I've been pretty fucking snippy, and I've dropped my crochet hook about thirty times since I picked it up when I got home to try to calm down.

I don't think I'll be sleeping properly for a while.

:icontealdeerplz::iconsaysplz:I was nearly in a car accident that could have killed me this afternoon, someone hold me.

Bonus complaint: I tried to crochet a dishcloth and it somehow turned into a hat. I'm confus.

Anti-complaint 1: I WON NANOWRIMO 2012.

Anti-complaint 2: I crocheted a pretty nifty pink hat today.

Anti-complaint 3: I'M NO LONGER SINGLE.
Comments118
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would shit myself. I would also shit myself about the box of spiders. Fuck that noooooise....
By the way don't worry about people telling you to get over it. We all have fears and they'd probably shit their knickers in your position too.
If spiders start flying then I'm leaving the planet.

It's alright, I'm much better now. I was just extremely shaken up. :lol:
Just be thankful you weren't actually hit. It would have done a number on you if the driver didn't get away in time.

I was in a car accident once, bitch almost made my car fall over the cross intersection bridge.
I am glad.

...meep. :noes:
I was in a car accident in the rain once, it was very serious and scared the shit out of me. I ended up on the shoulder and took the hit in the back quarter panel so I wasn't hurt. I still can't drive in heavy downpours to this day :saddummy:

To make it worse, my car was totaled and I was very sad because I loved that car. It was my own fault, though. I should've replaced all four tires instead of just the front two. I would not have hydroplaned if I had done that.
Jeez that's scary. :noes:

I'm scared shitless that I'll hydroplane or something when I'm driving when it's wet. It's the only time I don't go pretty fast (I once blew into a turn perfectly at 45 mph, my mom damn near had a heart attack :lol:).
Holy fucking shit that's terrifying. D:
Glad you're alive and all though.

Goodness I've been in a few car accidents and many near accidents, myself. They still manage to each be just as, if not more so, terrifying than the last. Every. Single. Time.
Have you uploaded this dishclothhat?

And damn, that sucks! :noes:
No, I ripped it apart, tried again, and ended up with an intentional hat for a baby.
Yep. I've had several run-ins with the Reaper myself:

:bulletred:I was climbing a smallish 20-30 foot tall tree. I was a fat kid and climbed way nearer the top than I should have and the top 5 foot section of the tree broke and I fell head-first toward the ground. Luckily the branches from the broken part I was clinging to interlocked with the rest of the tree and stopped my fall about 2 feet from my skull making contact with the ground.
:bulletred:My dementia-addled grandfather approached me with a loaded revolver pointed at me and teld me to go shoot the cat on the porch. I got the gun away from him and checked the porch and found nothing but an empty beer can. :facepalm: Also, he had Parkinsons, so his hand (and triggerfinger) were shaking the entire time.
:bulletred:I flipped my car on its roof at 70 mph on the I-10 in New Orleans. This was after losing control and hitting a wall head on like Dale Earnhardt.
:bulletred:My spastic neighbour pointed his dad's hunting rifle at me face as a hilarious "joke" trying to psych me out by slowly squeezing the trigger, insisting the gun his dad keeps mounted above his bed in the middle of the fucking country isn't loaded (bullshit :roll:). Just shy of pulling it all the way, he finally gives in to my "being a pussy" and checks the chamber to find it loaded and gives a dismissive "Oh" in response.
:bulletred:A semi-truck half-way ran a redlight at 3am, stopping in the middle of the intersection just a foot or two away from my door as I was in the intersection.
:bulletred:A friend was swinging me in a hammock (against my will) when the hook broke and I fell to the ground. It wouldn't be a big deal if he were short and I fell three feet or so. However he is seven feet tall, and this was from the full extent of his upward reach (so probably nine or ten feet in all) and I landed on my spine, heard a loud snap in my back and could not breathe. After a minute or two of struggling to even gasp, I began coughing and sputtering and asked why I couldn't breathe and he replied "You might have punctured a lung." :stare: That would be the perfect combination with my asthma and a collapsed septum. Luckily I didn't puncture a thing and after thirty minutes of coughing and gasping I was fine.
:bulletred:Back in July of this year a bullet ricocheted within ten feet of me. It wasn't from anyone shooting at me, it was just a stray that hit the fence a few feet away. Still. :shrug:
Dude. The reaper is just fucking with you now.

When I was about eight years old I fell from the top of a tree, but the branches on the way down kept catching me and slowed my momentum. Then I intetionally jumped from the top of the same tree a few years later because I was getting swarmed by crows and they were trying to attack me.

I've also fallen down the stairs so many times it's not funny.
Back when I had a really tiny car, I was at a stop sign when someone hit me from behind sending me straight into the car coming down the opposite side of the road, so I was hit in the front and in the back, then my car spun out of control and wrapped around a bus stop pole :/ I was unconscious after that but I remember waking up enough to notice my airbags were pink. Then I was at the hospital. I never knew airbags were pink before.
Jeez. :noes:

I...didn't know airbags were pink either?
XD I dont think every airbag is, but mine were! Out of everything that was happening at that second, the airbag is what struck me as odd then lol
I was involved in a collision when I was 12. I wasn't hurt, but it was scary as fuck :iconexcaliburfaceplz:
Glad you're ok though :)
And congrats on nanowrimo :dummy:
Any kind of collision is scary. Someone backed into us once and I damn-near had a heart attack.

Thanks. :dummy:
I've had moments like that but I didn't process till after and then AAAH! kicks in and it's so horrible. I wonder if there's some kind CCTV where you were that you could try to get the car that almost hit you.

I utterly failed NaNiWriMo this time. Although my partner and I are making sure we keep writing any way just to keep going.
It happened near a traffic light, so it could have possibly been caught.
Wait, you were in a hit-and-run? I hope they catch that asshole.

Here, have some funny/interesting to keep your mind off mortality (warning: I am slow at internet, and you may have seen some of these before):

Do you want to date my Avatar? [link]
Thunderbusters: [link]
Silent Monks sing Halleluia: [link]
Just like a Chap: [link]
Awkwafina's "My Vag" (language!) : [link]
The invention of Golf: [link]
Enter the Kazoo man: [link]
The story of my life: [link]
Benny Lava: [link]
Sexy Indian Guy, and a pretty song: [link]
Robots: [link]
The Piccard song: [link]
Star Trek, in a nutshell: [link]
The TV show: [link]
I just like this song: [link]
This person is a god and we must steal his talent: [link]
I want to dance like this: [link]
Surrealist madness: [link]
This guy's work, all of it: [link]
DIGGY DIGGY HOLE: [link]

Okay, that should keep you busy for an hour or so.
Good luck with the crocheting!
They didn't hit us, but they were go WAYYYYYY over the speed limit and swerving like hell.

I shall be entertained!
They need to be caught anyway.

If I was clever with the Internets, I could figure out how to make you a playlist or something.