Get your shit together already, employment

I am getting a new job. It is a fuck of a lot better than my previous job, both for pay and not being much of a pain in the ass, so I really fucking want this job, and to start as soon as possible. I went to an interview. I did well at interview. I was told that it was great, easy interview, I basically had the job, except that I had to do a 2nd interview - since there were multiple jobs available in the same building, and had to interview again in the specific department. There were several that I was available for and qualified for any of them, so all I had to do now was wait until they decide where they needed me. The last I heard, it made it sound like there were different managers of 3 different openings who wanted to hire me. That seems like it should be a good problem to have. It isn't.

Waiting for this shit is getting me fucking impatient. I'd do what they'd said and wait for them to contact me about it, but it's been almost a week, and what is it, if you want a job then you're supposed to stay in contact to seem interested so your name doesn't end up at th bottom of the pile, right? There's these 3 different openings that are all in different departments and have different managers at different times, and there's the first one that I already did the interview for - I don't know who the fuck I should contact to find out what the hell's going on with this. Not for lack of trying, either. I called one, who said that a 2nd manager had mentioned having opening that they were having problems filling because of incompetent fucks. So I emailed the 2nd, who said that no, he didn't have anything except temporary, and so I should go through the 3rd. Then later the 1st contacted me again because I'd mentioned that I'd done some building / repairing pcs, so I should contact a /4th,/ since they were having trouble filling THAT position since no one was qualified or capable or even confident to learn operating some certain machine.

Can't these guys just fucking decide where they want to hire me and then tell me so I can start training in to this shit? Taken so long that I'm concerned they'll end up filling all the openings with people who /aren't/ qualified in endless fucking areas and only able to do one certain thing, so they give the jobs to them and I have to start looking again.
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey, DISH contacted me, did a phone interview, and said they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview because they have a position for me. That was like 5 months ago. They still haven't gotten the position approved. Yeah. A week is nothing, dude.
You sure by now they haven't just hired someone else?
Yup, he stays in touch every month.
In that case, goddamn, better be a fucking amazing job to be worth waiting around for.
One can only hope. But i'm not just waiting around. I took another temporary job in the meantime.
Hahah yeah I figured.
Managers are bitches. Try finding another job just incase this goes tits up.
They're probably testing your patience value right now, and they're cackling over it. Just having a grand ole' time sending you in loops of managers.
Yeah, probably. Those fuckers.
Good luck. Sounds like a veritable mess. :O_o:

Also, if you're overqualified, that's not good. :no:
This is one of those that a robot could do it if a robot were less expensive than me, it's tough to not be overqualified for that, but I guess there are a lot of people who can't figure out the parts of it that are more technical or complicated, so hopefully not that much of a problem.
That's a fair point. :nod:

Good luck, either way. :)
you're not even qualified to eat cereal shut up
Good thing I'm not getting HIRED to eat cereal.
I'll hire you to eat cereal. I keep getting stuff I don't like and then my mom won't buy a new one until I eat it all. DAMNIT I DON'T LIKE GLUTEN FREE APPLE CINNAMON
accidentally spill it
"Oh oops, I'm so sorry, oops, look at me just spilling this whole box, whoops, I'm so clumsy"
"Oh no, Neeka knocked the box over!"
"OH NO NEEKA WENT OUT AND BOUGHT NEW CEREAL"
View all replies
step 1. put open cereal box on table.
step 2. sit down at table. Start conversation.
step 3. Use large arm movements while you're talking. Hit box.
step 4. ???
step 5. profit!
:lol: I like the way you think!
HOW MUCH WILL YOU PAY ME TO DISPOSE OF THIS CEREAL.
I WILL PAY YOU A DOLLAR AND GIVE YOU A LOT OF FREE SODA