Hey, DISH contacted me, did a phone interview, and said they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview because they have a position for me. That was like 5 months ago. They still haven't gotten the position approved. Yeah. A week is nothing, dude.
This is one of those that a robot could do it if a robot were less expensive than me, it's tough to not be overqualified for that, but I guess there are a lot of people who can't figure out the parts of it that are more technical or complicated, so hopefully not that much of a problem.
That could be, but whatever the reason is, waiting around for them to figure it out is getting me impatient. Hell, they could start training me in one area and then if necessary switch me to somewhere else, if they really had to. And it didn't sound like they had any problems getting applicants, so I'm wondering if that "yeah definitely great interview you have this job" wasn't entirely true and I were wasting time hoping for this one.
Well, you could always spend your time checking other places meanwhile so you don't depend on them and let the time be wasted. If you get a spot somewhere, yet you'd be paid better here, you can call them and use it as leverage to get them to make their decision now, so you know what you should do. Namely, if they want you they should tell you now or you'll just go in a place that actually seems determined in that sense before you lose out on both.
Hmmh, I haven't found anything else nearby that would be worth much competition - mostly part time, or seasonal, places that could easily hire anyone without any qualifications and not shit I could live off anyways. Going to try calling 1st place again tomorrow if I still haven't heard shit.