Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 159

Another kick in the dick from your friend, Life.

:iconmattyohh:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
SO I was seeing this girl, it was all going well, and she abruptly decided no, I can't do this, I don't want a relationship, i'm not ready etc. So I was like yeah cool i'll just pine after you instead.

So the whole pining thing was going well, I was making progress, I'd still see her, we'd watch movies in my bed, and we'd spoon, she'd put her face against mine about to kiss me, but she wouldn't because of the aforementioned I don't want a relationship.

She's just left for America on a little holiday and told me to come spend Christmas and New Years with her in New York. 'Fuck yeah' I thought, that's romantic as shit, crossing half the world to see a girl, to spend Christmas and New Years with her. I'll be in, i'm a nice guy, she likes me, I can tell.

I wrote her a letter before she left, which she read on the plane, it was pretty good actually, one of the finer moments of prose in my life. It wasn't I LOVE YOU PLEASE BE WITH ME, it was more of a letter of admiration, that kind of thing where it isn't corny, it's just heartfelt feelings, and thoughts about how awesome a person is.

THE FUN PART WHERE LIFE THROWS A TANK AT MY DICK AND INSERTS RAZORS INTO MY HEART:

I was talking to her friend on Facebook, and letting her now about what was going on etc. Her friend was like this is so heartbreaking. I didn't quite follow, I didn't understand that letters and planes were so moving. I was stupid.

She has a boyfriend, and has possible had one the entire time I was seeing her. Her friend knew, and because of my heartfelt feelings about the girl which i told her, she sent her a rather abusive text message informing her that she was being a massive cunt.

So today I got a message; Hey dude. I have to tell you something. I'm not interested in you cause I am seeing someone. I read your letter and it made me cry. You're such a beautiful person and I don't deserve your attention. I am sorry for doing this to you.

RIGHT IN THE FEELINGS.

TL;DR I like girl, girl liked me, girl and I did things, girl had boyfriend, Not enough whiskey in the world.

I hate women now. You're all those fish with the light bulb thing that inhabits trenches luring in unsuspecting fish like me, before you devour us with your razor teeth.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Photographer
That sucks... If she did that, then she doesn't deserve you :hug:
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm so immature, I laughed so hard at that title.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
maybe you should tell a certain someone that their girlfriend enjoys spooning with miscellaneous individuals that are not him, just a thought
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I don't know him, I tend to stay away from the hapless stoner crowd
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional
Hey champ, I'm sorry. C'mon, bring it in.

And those fish are called Angler Fish.
That's it. They're Angler Fish. I should find a Marlin, a delicious, majestic Marlin.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional
And you will! You will!
:iconflicher:
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Pining never works. A woman is either interested or not. You need to go after real women. This is a fine example of why men and women find it hard to be 'just friends.' It rarely works.
:iconcyphurel:
Cyphurel Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
" i'm a nice guy"
"I hate women now. You're all those fish with the light bulb thing that inhabits trenches luring in unsuspecting fish like me, before you devour us with your razor teeth."

uhuh
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
Well; the black note of relationships.
:iconlovebehr:
lovebehr Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
She sounds like a raging thunder cunt.
I was taken with her because she liked the same obscure shit I do.
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
"the girl and yourself did things" :icongo-on-plz:
I will not furnish you with examples. Instead let your dirty mind run free
:iconamalaazula:
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012   Digital Artist
free rim job at auto shop down south..:iconifyouknowhatimeanplz:
But that's the problem you see, my mind is like a white blank page, or perhaps virgin snow - still unsoiled with all menacing polluting things that could discolour it.
stay pure.
Like good Scotch?
exactly
Pure, single malt :icondroolplz:
Delicious amber goodness.
(1 Reply)
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
So basically, you hate all women simply because this one girl had no interest in you? I can't tell if you're mad, butthurt, or just easily willing to give up on things... Hmm, my money's on the third option.
:iconhorizonfalls:
HorizonFalls Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
You lucked out bro, check with her though, incase her BF goes to tits, she'll need a shoulder to cry on.
:iconkawaii-cookies:
kawaii-cookies Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
ah :noes: well that plan failed :stare:
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand she was a bitch. Hope you send a love letter to her boyfriend while drunk. :nod:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
His favourite hobby is being stoned. The likelihood of him being able to read is slight
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
So she's a bitch and has shit taste?
Haha, sounds like you got out of a bad thing.
I'm starting to realise that it was probably for the best.
:iconanomalouschild:
AnomalousChild Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
She may have said she didn't want a relationship, but that could be for any number of reasons! She could have told you from the beginning that she has a boyfriend and she didn't, which is rather irresponsible on her part. Why keep that information from being known?
Having 2 guys after her at once I guess.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
:no: You naive men.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
sounds like she should have been up front with you about the boyfriend. That's a red flag in itself so you should feel relieved you didn't get into a serious relationship with her. On the other hand, if you feel like you could still be friends then go for it, if not then give yourself some time to get over over this before seeking out another relationship.
Yeah I'm not going to go actively looking for anyone, if something comes along, it comes along, otherwise I've got enough books to keep me occupied until uni starts back in march
Atlantech Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah when you're not looking is usually when it happens. At least from my experience it has worked that way.
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
She DID tell you she didn't want a relationship with you. She thought you got the point.

And no, the cuddling doesn't mean a thing - I know lots of people who cuddle their friends all the time and have no intention to be a couple. The trip doesn't mean a thing - you were her close guy friend and she wanted to hang out with you over the holidays.

Bottom line - she is probably not a heartless bitch that wants to break your heart while having a better boyfriend. She's just a friends who thought you were okay with it all because you apparently had talked the "just being friends"-part out.

Oh, and never "pine after" a girl who says she only wants to be friends. Being friend is okay... but "pine after" sounds like you're being a "I'm a nice guy who totally can just be friend with you until you finally let me be with you"-stalker. The letter just adds up on that.

Oh wait, this is Complaint and not HWL? Öhm... well... you know. Bitch be crazy and keep getting drunk?
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
You forgot the part where they initially went out, and then she pulled that on him, without even mentioning she has a bf, and trying to excuse herself in another way that made him consider she just didn't want to go that far, but liked him still.
Atlantech Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
also known as a "red flag"
I might have missed something.
Though unless she had the boyfriend while they OP and her went out that doesn't change much.

I don't know. I might have missed something but what I was trying to get at was:

She might have played him, but she might have just seen things another way and thought they were cool with just being friends (if not of the cuddling kind, but that doesn't have to mean anything).

Then of course if she DID have a boyfriend while she and the OP went out - she should've told him. Though if they were THAT close of friends to spend the holidays together she would probably have told him anyway.

Bottom line: I don't know. She might be a bitch or it might be a misunderstanding. Doesn't change that one shouldn't give people - who told them they don't want a relationship - creepy letters and trying to be friends just to get close to them. From what I could gather they didn't seem to be on the same level in their friendship and he would've probably be more happy if he got over her properly before trying to be close friends.

Oh, forgot once more that this isn't HWL and that I probably shouldn't even try to justify anyone's side.
Her explanation was that she wasn't ready and didn't want a relationship at the time, not forever. Hence why he decided to make sure that when she was ready she'd go for him. They had went out so she obviously had some interest in him. If he thought she just needed time according to her own words, how is this him being a creepy stalker when she accepted stuff like spooning from him? He hardly pushed himself on her.
It was obviously taken much more casually by her, but not for him.

Why not, a constructive discussion can be just as fun or more so than a nonsensical one?
Isn't that what girls usually say when they want to let someone down easy? Like one of those "it's not you, it's me..."?

Though I can agree she did send mixed messages. But there is something with the way he explained himself that made me think of... maybe not stalker, but creepy guy who doesn't really get the hint that he should back off (okay spooning someone might actually hint in the wrong direction). Though a lot of guys with relationship trouble seem to come off that way. I think it might be I who jump to conclusions that is against those guys because I can't help reading them as... I don't know... unpleasant...

Anyway, the "theory" I wrote in the first message was mostly about if they had talked about just being friends and both had agreed that "we're just friends" then she maybe didn't see it all like misleading him. It's just that I have lots of friends that acts the way that the OP describes, but since they're just friends with no interest in each other, they won't feel misled or hurt.

She should've been more clear that she didn't want a relationship (at all, if that was what she actually meant... especially if she had the boyfriend back then...) and he should've gotten over her better before becoming a close friend. Or... well, that would've been my advice in a situation like that.

It's probably more giving. Depending on the topic. I've just always had a feeling that discussions in the "Complaint" forum is usually supposed to... be in a certain way.
Expecting him to interpret it that way is expecting him to generalize and believe she's lying, which would be disrespectful.
And I see.

Complaints forum is merely treated a certain way by some people, it's purpose isn't to take everything like a joke in itself.
It's just practical to acknowledge that those people treat it as such and you should react to accordingly to them.
Maybe the monkey team will cheer you up.
Vid.: [link]
:iconhewhoflewandfell:
Hewhoflewandfell Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Ouch man, but dude, out of every lovely Koi pond, you're going to find at least one bottom feeder. It happens....now what you do is you go write emotional depressing poetry while pissed drunk and post it ALL on facebook for all her friends to see and know. Throw as much troll as you possibly can so you effectively ruin her reputation.

....A mix of beer, Linking Park, and League of Legends works even better than whiskey if you do it right.
A solid plan
:iconhewhoflewandfell:
Hewhoflewandfell Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
lol, just offering my two bits =p
:iconplzcry:
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Not your journal. :yawn:
Thanks for the tip, i'll casually ignore it.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
That's probably for the best.
:iconzerodj:
zerodj Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sucks indeed way too much... I understand you, when feelings are involved, specially those of love, we try to be positive and persevere to hopefully get into a relationship. She was indeed evil with you, hope you can find someone in the future who can appreciate you. Something similar happened to me two years ago, except I was dumped with the surprise on X-mass -_-
Add a Comment: