Prevent the spread of sueism

The other day I made a picture to tease :iconalmightycreatorkenta: about his black stereotype Sonic Fan character named Afro. When he responded saying he had blocked me, I became confused as to why

he didn't see the humor in my work. Eager to do some detective work, I clicked on his profile.
What I saw was horrifying. It was a battlefield of Mary-Sues and companionship between completely incompatible characters. The scroll bar had been pressured to about a 1mm width from a mountain

ofstamps and (insert name here)fans. Premium membership stood here, abused. This would have normally been enough to drive me away, but my curiousity continued to flourish, and I clicked on his gallery.
As I continued through the gallery, I noticed many things. It seemed his "art programs" of choice were MS paint and the pony creator. All of his characters seemed to be suffering from something, so I decided

to take a closer look.
It became painfully obvious that they were all suffering from the sue disease, priving my eariler suspicions correct. Sensing that the root of the problem was Afro, I tested him using the Universal Mary-sue

litmus test. To my absolute horror, he scored a 148, a dangerously high level of sue. He is now hooked in the ICU with pure flaw being injected into his viens, but he has already started to infect the other

characters.
Please, I beg of you, convince :iconalmightycreatorkenta: to begin using creativity, or else it may spread outside of his horrid gallery. A lot of people will be blocked, many even reported, but it will be a small

price to pay. You must do it, for I cannot. be a true DAtriot.
Comments109
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Locked at OP request :lock:
It's just a typical sonictard page. I'm more disturbed by the things in his favs, even the well done things perhaps moreso than his entire gallery. I mean...

:stare:
He's a hedgehog...but he's black...wat.
Sonic and MLP recolours?

The kid is pure evil. :giggle:
His page showed me the excessive consumerism taking place in our society today. It's like we're literally doped up on franchises instead of exercising our brains and bodies.....

*said she, as she obsessed over AKB48 and desperately searched for Sailor Moon fabric instead of doing homework and studying for exams*
If a mod reads this, can you please lock this forum?
Sonic fandom, :icontheresyourproblemplz:

But we're not your personal army and I'm not clicking.
Look, I never intended for anyone to actually flame him. I was kidding. I just wanted him to look at the forums and find it and and give me beautiful DArama
Stop stirring up dArama. Nobody likes petty dArama.
If you believe that, then you have much to learn
Eh, I have more interesting things to do than participate in your shit-stirring, like watching paint dry or disk defragmenting.
Even if you were immature, there would still be no reason for you to participate. Please go make more crochet or something and quit wasting your time pointing out how obviously boring my quest for lulz is.
You're right, I should get back to my projects, since you're not getting the message.

You should take a leaf out of my book and get a hobby, then you wouldn't have to resort to causing drama for cheap amusement.
View all replies
Afro only gets those girls because if the Affirmative action
Upon testing my own character using the Universal Mary Sue litmus test, among other tests, I can say that I now have fuel for a new complaint. (Hint: My characters all scored very, very low, for reasons concerning their... well, humanity)
A good way to fix that is through character development. If they realize that they should act a certain way, and stop, then they will become less of an anti-sue.
Actually, my complaint has more to do with how the damned tests are completely geared toward human-like characters (including anthros), when most of my characters are thoroughly non-human (physiologically and psychologically). Not to mention that the tests ask so many questions concerning the character's social interactions, when several of said social interactions do not exist in my characters' universe (or at least they don't work the exact same way as they do with humans). That's why the characters scored so inhumanly low; because most of those traits logically could not apply to them.

But yeah, character development is key. Mary Sues are annoying.
The online tests are worthless, you can't take them seriously. You should be trusting your own judgement.
Well, nowadays I only really do them for fun. But back before I knew enough about character development to not make overpowered characters, I was at a loss.
...Trusting your own judgement is how a majority of mary-sues are born though! :ohnoes: Anyone I've ever seen with a sue thinks there's absolutely nothing wrong with their characters.