Because my Facebook statuses are supposed to be taken 100% seriously

I recently downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 on my PS3. I then made my Facebook status something along the lines of "if no one sees me for a few days, it's because I got Sonic Adventure 2". Of course, I'm gonna see a lot of people this weekend since I'm performing, but that didn't stop me from getting replies along the lines of "don't forget about the performances", which was probably also not that serious but what if it was? Then my choir director commented and told me to not play video games until after finals, and he even told me today to actually read my emails from him instead of playing video games or something.

inb4 facebook, there's your problem
inb4 sonic adventure 2 sucks
inb4 why would you ever add your choir director on facebook

Actual complaint: my voice teacher told me I had problems with my voice, and told me I'm not ready for juries (final exams for music majors if you don't know) because I don't know the exact translations to every word in all my foreign language pieces, and that my voice has gotten worse since the start of the semester even though she's barely given me good advice all year, and then she called me weak and a failure for crying, and now I feel like a failure and I'm ranting by posting a stupid complaint about a facebook status I made that isn't actually a real problem.

merry christmas gais

I swear I haven't been drinking
Comments76
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'd slap the bitch. An instructor is supposed to help you understand what the problem is and give you suggestions on how to fix it. If she constantly tells you you're horrible with no actual advice, then you need to bring that up to your director.

Seriously, smack dat hoe.
haha 1-800 slap that hoe
I'm gonna talk to my choir director about her.
inb4 sonic adventure 2 sucks

:stare: Fuck anyone who has the iron balls to say this. Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.
Sonic adventure 2 sucks. :nod:
All I have to add is that by an extraordinary coincidence I happened to purchase a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog today. And then got a game over by the time I reached the second zone. :blush:
The original is hard and honestly not as good as 2 or 3&K.
Right after I graduated from high school, my English teacher told me no more watching cartoons. :lol:
They really want to make sure we're not having any fun. :lmao:
This is why I only add select teachers. (and yes, the guy who told me to stop playing video games is one of them)
There's a way that your post wouldn't show up in their feed.
You need to find a better voice instructor.

She sounds like the flute professor at my college, who is the reason I'm not going to minor in Music. :lol: I'll stick with my current instructor, who is flute professor at a local private college.
I'm in the process of arranging a meeting with my choir director (who's also the head of choral/vocal/opera studies at the conservatory) to talk about what's not working in my voice lessons. Hopefully, he'll help me work through this.
We have Sonic Adventure DX and, even though the speaking animations are as bad as fuck and some of the characters have sucky gameplay levels (I'm looking at YOU, Big!), it's fun as fuck, especially when I'm playing Knuckles or Tails. I ragequit because since every save file on a card has to share one Chao Garden, my brother messed with my Chaos. I know he was trying to help or whatever, but I wanted to do it on my own! He even messed with my favorite.
... Alright, that's enough of my personal gaming life.

Anyways, I don't know about your voice teacher, but my French teacher tells us not to bother with not knowing every single word as long as you know the context and something about not direct translating.
To be honest, I never did much with the Chao in that one, though I loved getting the special eggs. But the system was so primitive in that game - SA2 really vamped it up, and that's the one I've logged many, many hours into.

And I remember the horrid speaking animations :lol: But I forgive them because that game is hands-down the best in the franchise.
My Italian teacher isn't like that at all... in fact, she doesn't speak a word of english even though it's only 101b.
Sonic Adventure 2 bad? Fuck no, it's a fuckin' classic. Gonna get it on Steam this Xmas.

If someone says it's glitchy, let me just say I never encountered one glitch and I've played through the full game three or four times since I was six.
I love the game, but the cameras are terrible. Also, I'm not used to playing Sonic on a PlayStation controller.
Did the teacher say how your voice got worse? :confused:
It's apparently become more "disconnected", meaning my head voice and my chest voice aren't as connected, which sucks since her explanations on how to do that honestly aren't the best.
Ah.. interesting. :hmm:

Sounds quite intense. :O_o: