So my manager called me a bitch.

Big ole rant here.

First off, I'm mentally ill, and because of the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations are required for me. All I asked was that, if I'm really stressed out, I need a break. That's it. I was about to have a panic attack at work and I asked. No break. I got five minutes. To anyone who's mentally ill, that's not a lot of time to calm down. Strike one against my manager.

Secondly, I was getting behind on orders because I'm new at my job at things were really busy. I work at a fast food restaurant, and there's a coordinator who puts all the food into a bag before it goes out the window. I was behind, so as soon as we weren't busy, I tried to be nice to the coordinator and stock her station. Then I hear her talking about me to another employee, calling me "slow" and "a bitch." I'd said nothing mean to her--she just wanted something to talk about.

The dishwasher broke. I'd have to do dishes till two in the morning with my hands. I've done that before, but at home, where I don't have over 200 dishes to clean.

So, I'm having a panic attack, and I just leave the building, decide I'm done. My friend picks me up and we go through the drive thru to return my headset, and the manager asks who called me a bitch because I let everyone inside with a headset know that I was quitting at the order screen. I explained why I was quitting, I was polite, and I said I didn't appreciate being called a bitch. My manager goes "I'll be the first one to call you a bitch" and walked off.

So yeah. We called corporate. Firstly, I didn't deserve that. Two, that's against the Americans with Disabilities Act. I'm really upset right now, and I don't know what to do about this.
Comments253
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have a classmate who can be really funny, but also a total fucking bitch and I'm growing tired of her. She's depressed, I think she's been suicidal, and she generally has a lot of problems. In the beginning I was as respectful to her as I could, both in the way that was shown to her and in my thoughts. Now I can't keep it in the latter :stare:

It's just too fucking much at times. It's "I am depressed which means I have higher intelligence according to studies blah blah blah light therapy blah blah pills blah blah give me respect I demand it! Shut up, don't interrupt me! Shut up, my turn to talk! I have this and that diagnose, RESPECT ME!!! DON'T WALK BEHIND ME OMFG HOW DARE YOU!! Blah blah oh I have to go home now 4 hours before school ends because I'm depressed, mmkay, bye :aww:"

I can understand that she needs a break. I can understand that her diagnoses make things difficult for her. But what I can not stand is that she demands sooooo much fucking respect without giving any of it back. She interrupts everyone, goes off topic, pulls the extension cord somewhere only she can use it and she used my math book and took an assload of time to give it back. 80% of what she ever talks about is her depression, treatments and diagnoses and believe me: she talks a LOT. And I'm going to be stuck with her for another two and a half years. :stare:

Your previous manager can come back with her "bitch" if you ever act like THAT.
Wow. No, I'm not like that, ha ha. People definitely take advantage of their own disabilities. Not everyone, but some do. I'm honest with my friends about it, but I'd much rather talk about The Hobbit movie coming out than the fact that I have mental problems. I mean, come on. Martin Freeman and Ian Mckellan? Squee!

But anyway, yeah, I completely understand. I don't use my disability as an excuse. I just had a panic attack and needed to get out because there was too much going on. I don't care that I was called a bitch. I care that my manager couldn't follow ADA regulations and give me a fifteen minute break so I could relax. That's what isn't cool.
Yeah, I completely understand, and agree with, your point. :nod:
Wow. I take it no one actually read your thread and posts.
After reading your posts, I see why you would report it. Have a full blown panic attack in a hostile evironment and not given time to calm down. Quitting quietly without a scene.
Yeah, and I didn't make a scene, either. That's not me. I didn't want to be wheezing and freaking out in front of everybody, so I just left.
It's a good thing you did though. I don't think making a scene is good for the costumers.
if you cant handle the job find a different one. She shouldnt be talking about her employees that way either though
Yeah, already got a better job
You should file a complaint with whoever supervises him. That may not change anything, but what he said and did to you was wrong and completely unprofessional!
:iconfryplz:
Not sure if I should troll, or if I should read the actual post...
:iconmingplz::icontealdeerplz:
I know, confusing, huh?
a) You should feel proud of yourself for trying
b) You should fee proud of yourself for being open and honest with them and seeking the authority over them for treating you in the way that they did.

and c) Working with pets? Nawwwww how cute! :aww:
Try looking for slow paced jobs.
Dude, working in the food service....even I can tell you that's not good for anxiety disorders. Even the most chipper of people have problems staying happy in such places. Trust me I know.
Just being nice isn't enough to stop people from calling you names and you shouldn't be applying for places you're incapable of working anyway.
if you were disabled, then why did you apply for a job there IN THE FIRST PLACE?
:roll:
People need to make money to live? duh
No. She could go anywhere. Just not in a place which requires her to move FAST.
duh.
I think all jobs require you to be efficient anyway.
I know but for her condition she has to be wise about where she wants to work :(
In this economy and natural state of jobs one can't be too picky.