Godawful Names for Babies

I was just reading an article on Yahoo where a newborn baby was named Hashtag by her parents (yes, it was a girl...) According to the article, the name was inspired by Twitter.

Article can be found here: [link]

I feel bad for the little girl, forced to spend her life with a name like Hashtag, unless she gets it changed. Why the hell would someone give their kid a stupid name? There's Pilot Inspektor, Apple, Morrocan, Camera, Jermajesty, and now HASHTAG. :no: Just horrible, if you ask me.

Any thoughts on giving babies horrible names?
Comments255
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Isnt there someone who named their kid Apple?....thats weird, i'm glad thats not my name :lmao:oh and I heard some people called their kid Dovakin or whatever ( from Skyrim) whahaha :lmao: poor kids
I had a teacher who had a classmate called Ling Yi, which means something along the lines of 0 and 1 in Chinese. Her parents were huge computer nerds :B
While many regular kids have stupid names, I think that the likes of Apple and Pilot Inspektor will have their millions of dollars to comfort them somewhat.

(PS Nicholas Cage named his son Johnny Blaze Cage I am not making this up. If you don't know why that is hilariously awesome, fuck you.)
I roll my eyes at some of the names people make up, but hey, I thought my name was out there and weird when I was younger and it's been growing in popularity lately (and I've finally started to appreciate it).

The kids will live. They'll get teased, but they'll live. It's not like they're named Clitoris or something.
HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE ICONS?
~ValentineBlacker made the original and ~Tchael was altering them for people like a year ago I think. Aren't they amazing. :giggle:
I'm naming my first son Jailinus (pronounced jal-E-nus)
What kind of a name is that? :iconseriouslyplz:
Besides, it's not like anyone's ever going to use his full first name. My sister is named Christmas Eve but for all intents and purposes, she's Chrissy.
A very noble name.
Hopefully, those kids would grow to resent their parents when they're older. I can understand those names as "nicknames" but not legal names because those would just ruin someone's professional career, that is if those kids grow to want to pursue something like that. :/
A few countries in Europe restrict what you name your child to prevent this apparently. I wonder if it's still law in those countries? Regardless, I'm partly okay with these laws, considering some people want to give their children very, very stupid names. Like Facebook.

This reminds me of a time when a deviant here supposedly named her daughter Pinkie after an MLP character.
Well, that guy who named his daughter Facebook had a fairly good reason to do so :O
One couple wanted to named their kid something like Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 to protest the baby naming law. Even if it's a fairly good reason, the kid is still stuck with a social media for a name until the kid is old enough to change it or just accept it for rest of his/her life.
The Facebook one was in honor of the website's role in Egypt's revolution, not in protest to some stupid law :B
Yes, I know that. The random long name with a bunch of x's and 19 was in protest of a law.It was an actual name someone attempted to name their kid. That was my example of a stupid name. I did read why the child was named "Facebook" but the child still lives with the name. Was a it good reason? Yes. Even so it's something the child has to carry for the rest of his/her life unless they change it. Is it fair to have naming rights taken away? No. But then we get stupid names like Anus (yes a couple did actually try to name their kid Anus) and there has got to be a limit somewhere.
I've seen a thread on her some time ago that a girl wanted to name her child "Anime" :stare: In a world full of stupid, bad names are inevitable.
Don't forget KMart, Number 16 Bus Shelter, twins named Benson and Hedges, Kyd, Moon Unit, Moxie Crimefighter, and Tu Morrow! :dummy:
Poor kid, what is our world coming to? *sigh*
I can sort of understand Apple, but the rest are like.. weird. Especially Hashtag... wtf.
I read that article a few days ago, but a lot of stupid names exist =P
Could be worse, it could be an insulting name. My math teacher's son was called Richard. Their surname? Head. Yeah. Classy. :facepalm: