Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 254

Godawful Names for Babies

:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I was just reading an article on Yahoo where a newborn baby was named Hashtag by her parents (yes, it was a girl...) According to the article, the name was inspired by Twitter.

Article can be found here: [link]

I feel bad for the little girl, forced to spend her life with a name like Hashtag, unless she gets it changed. Why the hell would someone give their kid a stupid name? There's Pilot Inspektor, Apple, Morrocan, Camera, Jermajesty, and now HASHTAG. :no: Just horrible, if you ask me.

Any thoughts on giving babies horrible names?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagicmoonbird:
MagicMoonBird Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Isnt there someone who named their kid Apple?....thats weird, i'm glad thats not my name :lmao:oh and I heard some people called their kid Dovakin or whatever ( from Skyrim) whahaha :lmao: poor kids
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had a teacher who had a classmate called Ling Yi, which means something along the lines of 0 and 1 in Chinese. Her parents were huge computer nerds :B
:iconshininginthedarkness:
While many regular kids have stupid names, I think that the likes of Apple and Pilot Inspektor will have their millions of dollars to comfort them somewhat.

(PS Nicholas Cage named his son Johnny Blaze Cage I am not making this up. If you don't know why that is hilariously awesome, fuck you.)
:iconthecoin-operatedgirl:
theCoin-operatedGirl Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I roll my eyes at some of the names people make up, but hey, I thought my name was out there and weird when I was younger and it's been growing in popularity lately (and I've finally started to appreciate it).

The kids will live. They'll get teased, but they'll live. It's not like they're named Clitoris or something.
:iconzurithepersistent:
ZurithePersistent Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist
HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE ICONS?
:iconthecoin-operatedgirl:
theCoin-operatedGirl Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
~ValentineBlacker made the original and ~Tchael was altering them for people like a year ago I think. Aren't they amazing. :giggle:
:iconmasterinsanity:
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Writer
I'm naming my first son Jailinus (pronounced jal-E-nus)
:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
What kind of a name is that? :iconseriouslyplz:
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Writer
Besides, it's not like anyone's ever going to use his full first name. My sister is named Christmas Eve but for all intents and purposes, she's Chrissy.
MasterInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Writer
A very noble name.
Add a Comment: