Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 191

Whatever happened to the music industry?

:iconsonamyfan362:
SonAmyFan362 Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I know somme people will say they love today's music, and that there is nothing wrong with it. However, I don't understand, like, any of the stuff that comes out, nowadays.

For example, why is it that some songs feature sound that sounds like sirens, a woman panting like a dog, or a one lyric repeated so many times, that it simply distorts into the background music?

I don't have any children, at the moment. However, when I do get any, I think I'll introduce them to the kind of music I've grown up with - I'm afraid that today's music covers the wrong stuff, as well.

I once heard from a song "Yeah, *Bleep!* that bitch!" .... really? And, radio stations allow that? I think that same artist was also encouraging listeners to get into crime, abusing drugs and alcohol. I dunno.... that's what I am getting from today's music. I'm not attempting to insult people's choices of what they hear, nor am I trying to influence the public's preferred kind of music. These are all of my personal opinions.

One last thing: I really hope that the music industry will raise music standards, as a lot of the music from today sounds.... I dunno.... in one word.... "Fake". Again, I am not trying to be the guy who imposes his personal opinion on everyone else. I am merely asking about why it sounds like today's generation music is so.... yuck.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconamalaazula:
AmalaAzula Nov 29, 2012   Digital Artist
I don't listen to the radio, I stick with my instrumentals & j-pop :D
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
Avoid the radio/music channels then. I've found some pretty rad songs/singers/musicians out there without listening to the radio or so.
:iconmischievouspooka:
" A woman panting like a dog" all I can think of from that statement is a song that came from the 80's called "Hungry like a Wolf." Some of these things you mention has happen before in the past with music.
SonAmyFan362 Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Try listening to "She Wolf". It's crap. The panting gets more annoying as the song progresses.
:iconmischievouspooka:
In "Hungry Like a Wolf" the sexual howling noises do increase as the song progress too. So "She Wolf" is still using something that a song in the 80's has done. There will always be bad songs from every era. Just find a station that has songs you enjoy.
SonAmyFan362 Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Ok. I do put it on the rock station. It always airs the golden stuff that is actually musical to my ears.
:iconlexi247:
Believe me when I say there is still good, new music out there.

It's called turn off that mainstream radio and search a bit.
:icon-kron:
the music industry has always been this way. this day/week/year/decade is no different from the previous.
Add a Comment: