Ok guys please stop

Please stop being mean to me! I am so upset.

I mean this whole thing started and now people are commenting mean stuff on my writing . . . you know who you are . . . [link]

And I just don't understand. Why can't you people leave me alone?!

Seriously this is all ~witwitch's fault.

Stop telling me about how you think fantasy is bad or cheap or whatever. Holy! I thought some fantasy fans would maybe be on my side in this whole thing but it seems like everyone is just a big asshole and I just want it to stop OK?!
Comments584
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
They did have a bit of an attitude but but their advice was completely valid. They didn't say fantasy was bad, they just said they felt your writing was dry. It may not have been the nicest wording but you need to either accept it as constructive criticism and consider their advice or grow a thicker skin and go along your merry way.
i think you may be overreacting i went to the link and you just have to accept that some people say mean things but you have to be the grown up grow a pair of lady balls and take it as connstructive criticism or just flipping ignore it. thank you for listening and good night :iconreindeerplz:
You know-I just read some of your work and thought it was okay; but then I read your postings....all I can say is wow. I don't know a lot of people here, but Witwitch's journal was not offensive. Coming from a fellow writer, like many people here, are trying to say the same thing to you. You're causing some serious drama and it's really making everyone else laugh and point. Why don't you just admit you were wrong- then you'll actually begin to show people on here that you can take responsibility.
I don't think it's being mean. Honestly I've taken time to read some of your chapters and it is true that occasionally I had the urge to write something along the lines of criticism. But I refrained from doing so since it seems like you've had your fair share of criticism during a short period of time.
True, I wouldn't say you are the best writer I've encountered and you have a long way to go (just like myself and many others) but you're on your way and a little bit of constructive criticism is important, it helps you see things you aren't able to see within your own writing and it keeps you going, reaching out for what your readers are pointing out to.

I sometimes do agree with you about how some users may have delivered their opinion in what appears to be a "mean" way. But that's part of constructive criticism, you have to see beyond what you consider mean. It's way much more than that, it's a form of help not every can handle very positively. I live with a mother who paints, and I draw and paint myself. It drives me crazy to hear how some of the things I've done are wrong, it really does. It even reaches the point where I would sometimes cry and think my mother is doing it on purpose just to be "mean" to me. I know that in my own thread, I've expressed that my mother does harm my feelings since I am her daughter and that means being very direct and almost tactless when she expresses her disappointment towards my works. It's part of being an artist and in fact, it's part of being human.
There will always be people who will give you the impression that they are quite elite and overpowering due to their comments, but if you want to progress and grow you have to try and capture their words as something helpful rather than something painful.
It takes practice but you'll get there.

Some contents of The Seventh did make me frown since I don't think it should be there (refering to the German part) and I suggest you think it over. Who knows? You might find something better, since it does trouble a lot of readers and I. That's the only real thing I'll tell you about your story, a lot has already been said and no matter how much it hurts to read those comments... You should. They count even if they do sound insulting or angry. Hang in there, you've put efforts to write your story even if you lack some research on a few things. Effort is priceless and giving more of it can't hurt.

As witwitch herself told me indirectly, we write what we wish but we can't do it without having a base of knowledge. Blaming witwitch isn't going to do you any justice. What you define as being "bitchy" isn't quite right because no one was being bitchy to you, it's just the feeling you encountered reading things that aren't so positive about your writing. That's not bitchy, bitchy would just be leaving a single sentence displaying negativity and mediocrity (spelling issue here ugh, hello world) without tyring to even explain what really is wrong with the story.

Lastly, this is really flame prone. This thread can be even more painful in the future, if you really want to talk about it then address yourself to a few users you feel comfortable with. To think I had an argument with raspil about you linking people who've tried to give you criticism. I still hold on to my words about the way she addressed you in my thread but I understand more as to why she did so. I'm not taking any sides but I do hope my words can make you understand more, even if it's only a little bit.

I mean you no harm, I'd like to help if I could. But you see, I'm just like you, I need help in my writing too. Maybe we can help each other :)

Thank you for reading this if you have!
Oh, and thank you for introducing me to ~witwitch, it's much appreciated. :)
I'm glad more people will know how much of a bitch bitbitch is.
No, I like her. She's an awesome person who said something that you happened to disagree on and you blew it out of proportion.
Ho, ho, HO! :iconevilsantaplz: Santa will revive this thread!
May I remind you of something? [link] :iconteheplz:
I have that yuletide event freshly baked into my memory, yes. I love to contradict myself. :iconrobotsantaplz:
He wanted to put it out of its misery just so he could revive it again. :ohnoes:
The complaints forum is not where you go to garner sympathy. At all. It's where you go to mess with people, honestly. If you say "stop being mean to me" on the complaint forums, it reads as "PLEASE PICK ON ME I'M BEGGING YOU!"
Try other parts of the forum or avoid it entirely... Complaints isn't a place where you get nice comments all that often.
And if you really want to move on, stop complaining about ~witwitch as well. Even if you don't like their reactions, everyone's free to express their opinion. Also it's not like she broke you a leg or something.
please stop posting :|
Then stop responding!!
if you really wanted people not to respond, you would not have made the post in the first place
I just had to let it out . . .
let it out on a journal on your own profile

better yet, let it out on a piece of paper or in private in front of your cat
The problem is entirely you. You are what the internet likes to call a "lolcow". That being someone who they know that they can always milk for laughs. And you do this be always overreacting to people's criticism of you and by pointing it out to everyone in a feeble attempt to garner sympathy. You're doing now by making this thread on the complaints forums where you call out two people and whine about how everyone here is mean to you. As long as you continue to give everyone this reaction, they're going to keep making fun of you. Most people learn quickly to stop drawing negative attention to themselves... but the lolcow never learns.
Wow, you're pretty mean. :/
So does that mean that you are not going to take my crass yet sincere advice and continue to draw negative attention toward yourself by behaving the way that you have been?
Take a wild guess.
History dictates that I should expect to never get a response to the question. That's the downside to forum debates, you can herd the conversation like a pro, but if the opposing party does not want to answer or concede, they need only ignore you and not say a word.