Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 102

Butthurt Phone Fanboys

:iconmartypunker:
martypunker Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Recently I purchased a HTC 8x with Windows 8 and had a terrible experience. I returned the phone and got an S3 in exchange. Before I bought the Windows phone, I did a lot of research. I knew the market would be barren and all that jazz, but from what I read, the phone would make up for it. Seriously, I couldn't find a single negative review.

I had to rectify this situation, so I wrote a review on T-Mobile's page for the phone detailing how much of a pain in the ass the phone had been. It was straightforward and honest. I tried to avoid just flat out insulting the phone and only gave an account of what happened with the phone while it was in my possession. Yes, most of these things were negative, but no one else was saying them.

The annoying thing is, while a good amount of people have found my review to be fair, more people have said they find it to be otherwise. I think that's a load of bs. You don't find my review "unfair"; you find it contradictory to your fandom. You love the Windows phone so much, you can't stand someone talking bad about it.

All the positive reviews are the same dribble regurgitated over and over. "It's so fast! It's super powerful! Look at the pretty colors! Android sucks!" Then I go out on a limb and point out its obvious shortcomings and that makes me a bad guy.

Get the Windows phone's dick out of your mouth. It's just not that great. Just because I'm not delusional doesn't mean my review isn't fair.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I got a Lumia 800, I love it, it's just crap that the battery dies in no time.
It's fast and looks good - but seriously? Can't upload your own ringtones? You have to modify and cut them so they're 40seconds or less ._.?
martypunker Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I put ringtones on the HTC by hooking it up to the computer and transferring the files directly into the Ringtones folder. I didn't seem to have a time limit on mine. Hmmm.
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Well you're in luck, the lumia 800 doesn't allow us to do it like that.
It's bullshit if you ask me, my old Samsungs didn't have a problem with it :shrug:
martypunker Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Yeah, that's weird. I looked at the Lumia T-Mobile carries (can't remember the model number, it's probably the one you have) and decided if I was going to go Windows, the HTC was slightly better than the Nokia. Now I just don't like Windows. Joy! :dummy:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
The Lumia 800 is also a Windows Phone, I like how fast it works.. the battery just sucks ass.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Console fanboys are bad enough and now we have phone fanboys?
If there's a product on the market, there are fanboys.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Windows phone... :lol:
Exactly!
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
:salute:
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
As long as my phone can make talky talky and typey typey, I don't care :shrug: I don't use it for the internet or games anyway.
Then don't get a smartphone. :B
:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I see no reason for me to have a smartphone. Last year I got an LG 231C flip phone. Great battery life, and it makes calls and texts. That's all I need. For multimedia, I have a laptop and an MP3 player.
Then don't get one. :B
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Man, I want a S3 too. :iconsadtardplz:
It's fun! :dummy:
:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I have an awesome tablet so I don't care if I have a shitty gov't issues phone.
See, I don't get tablets. If I want a big screen, I'll use my laptop and if I want to do fun stuff, I'll use my phone. I can't fit a tablet in my pocket, so it's not as portable as my phone. I don't know. If it works for you, who am I to complain?
:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
my tablet is basically my laptop because my current one sucks.
Yeah, actually, that makes tons of sense. :lol:
:iconthedistractedone:
TheDistractedOne Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I still don't get why everyone wants a smartphone. My regular phone can call people, send texts, note appointments/alarms, and a bunch of other crap I never use. That's all I need from a phone, and I find it hard to imagine what else you could conceivably NEED. I just don't even. D:

Also, people who review reviews are stupid. #factnotopinion
:icondoctorowl:
DoctorOWL Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I use my smartphone as a mini computer. It's helpful when you don't want to lug your laptop around everywhere but still want easier access to the internet. Not everybody needs a smartphone but some people find it pretty convenient.

I can't really call my iPod a smartphone though can I? I mean I text and everything on it so it pretty much is... D:
I'm on my phone right now. I almost never turn on my laptop anymore, except to use word processors. It cuts out a step and makes my online life easier. You're right, I don't need it. But I do prefer it.
:iconthedistractedone:
TheDistractedOne Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Hmm, fair point. I do a lot of gaming on my laptop, in addition to all my uni work and general browsing, so I couldn't manage it your way, but if you just use it for on-the-go style browsing, I could definitely see the advantage.
I think, if I had a smartphone, I'd use it for texting, calling, and maybe facebook/cracked if I were REALLY bored. But instead, I spend most of my spare time at uni doing work that's not due for the next week or so ('cause I find it hard to work at home), and then when I'm at home, my laptop's right there, so I doubt the phone'd get much use lol. I guess I never considered browsing as an option even, my bad. :lol:
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Oh yeah, I forgot to say I just got a iPhone 4. Just 4, not 4s. :lol:
I would take an iPhone 3 over this thing.
I see.
Do you? Do you, really?
:shrug:
I'm watching you. :evileye:
:iconmingplz:
:iconrml-stock:
rml-stock Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
How dare you have an opinion that is contrary to mine. I find you, Sir, to be unfair. ALL WHO DISAGREE SHALL BE PURGED BY THE FANBOY FIRE!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
fanboys :icontheresyourproblemplz:
I was waiting for that one.
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
:highfive:
:iconsynapticboomstick:
SynapticBoomstick Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There are... for phones... :iconbangkillplz:
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Photographer
Windows 8 looks awful. My dad has it on his new laptop and hates it.
Does it really? :( That's too bad because I've been hating Win7 with a passion and was hoping Win8 would be better. I have enough compatibility issues and failed updates to choke a bitch.
This is slightly different as it's the phone version, but yeah.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
Tbh that's the same with everything.

If you say "I don't like this band" people get really angry, like somehow saying you don't like a band they like is a personal affront to them and their tastes. It's not, I'm sure the band is perfectly enjoyable, I just don't like their music, it does not make my dopamine levels go "oooo". Who knows why?

As an open source software user I accept a lot of negative reviews to things I use in my daily life, GIMP and Inkscape for example, and yet I am so used to how they work (and don't) that when someone goes "omg I hate it there's this weird thing that happens" I kinda think "oh yeah.. that's funny." Sort of like how you know when your friend gets drunk they sing bad kareoke XD

I've seen others get soo angry about it "OPEN SOURCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO" etc but you can't deny that sometimes it doesn't work, but I accept that and use it anyway. Other people do prefer their program to have less quirks. For them there is Photoshop or Sai or other paid software.

You gotta love it when people get butthurt, it's a source of comedy XD
a personal affront to them and their tastes

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS????
:iconteheplz:
Exactly like that. XD
I really feel bad for people who let themselves get so upset over the littlest things. They must go through their entire lives being angry. :lol:
tbh it's part of being a teenager as well. No matter how mature a teenager, things still get to them far easier than most more grown up people. I used to get angry and hurt too when people said stuff about Fantasy as a genre or Music I liked. I'm still hugely private about what music I like because for some reason it's something most people just can't get over is being bitchy about what music they like. Usually "Ugh so and so is so mainstream and shit how can you like that." "Cos I do? So what if it's not Mozart Genius, it's catchy and it makes me smile, does it have to do much else?"
Bingo. I'm not trying to say there isn't a market for this phone or that it's a bad thing if someone likes it; I'm just recounting my personal experience.
Who knows it could have been your particular handset that was the issue, or it could be that you simply don't gel with the operating system, because obviously other people do.

I like that the smartphone market is wider now because before it was either apple... or blackberry if you wanted the buttons, now you've got windows, android, and them operating on different machines too, we know from computers what's inside your machine effects the OS too.

I like buttons so I'm a blackberry user huzzah. But Everyone else I know is a touch phone user of some kind. I believe the HTCs had a bug that sometimes sent texts twice (at no extra cost) so I kept getting repeat texts from people XD
Even if it wasn't glitchy, it was annoyingly uncustomizable, the apps were annoying, and stock programs bothered me. I would never personally own that phone.

Now that you mention the HTC bug, my wife had been complaining that she would get a lot of my texts from my old phone twice and that was an HTC. We thought it was her phone goofing up because it would happen when my brother texted her, too. Can you guess the brand of his phone?
Yeah, I'm not really bothered by phones. My blackberry lacks 'apps' and customisation but what it does do is make calls, text, email and browse the internet, and the camera isn't bad either XD
Well there you go, then!
Add a Comment: