Butthurt Phone Fanboys

Recently I purchased a HTC 8x with Windows 8 and had a terrible experience. I returned the phone and got an S3 in exchange. Before I bought the Windows phone, I did a lot of research. I knew the market would be barren and all that jazz, but from what I read, the phone would make up for it. Seriously, I couldn't find a single negative review.

I had to rectify this situation, so I wrote a review on T-Mobile's page for the phone detailing how much of a pain in the ass the phone had been. It was straightforward and honest. I tried to avoid just flat out insulting the phone and only gave an account of what happened with the phone while it was in my possession. Yes, most of these things were negative, but no one else was saying them.

The annoying thing is, while a good amount of people have found my review to be fair, more people have said they find it to be otherwise. I think that's a load of bs. You don't find my review "unfair"; you find it contradictory to your fandom. You love the Windows phone so much, you can't stand someone talking bad about it.

All the positive reviews are the same dribble regurgitated over and over. "It's so fast! It's super powerful! Look at the pretty colors! Android sucks!" Then I go out on a limb and point out its obvious shortcomings and that makes me a bad guy.

Get the Windows phone's dick out of your mouth. It's just not that great. Just because I'm not delusional doesn't mean my review isn't fair.
Comments103
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I got a Lumia 800, I love it, it's just crap that the battery dies in no time.
It's fast and looks good - but seriously? Can't upload your own ringtones? You have to modify and cut them so they're 40seconds or less ._.?
I put ringtones on the HTC by hooking it up to the computer and transferring the files directly into the Ringtones folder. I didn't seem to have a time limit on mine. Hmmm.
Well you're in luck, the lumia 800 doesn't allow us to do it like that.
It's bullshit if you ask me, my old Samsungs didn't have a problem with it :shrug:
Yeah, that's weird. I looked at the Lumia T-Mobile carries (can't remember the model number, it's probably the one you have) and decided if I was going to go Windows, the HTC was slightly better than the Nokia. Now I just don't like Windows. Joy! :dummy:
The Lumia 800 is also a Windows Phone, I like how fast it works.. the battery just sucks ass.
Console fanboys are bad enough and now we have phone fanboys?
If there's a product on the market, there are fanboys.
Windows phone... :lol:
As long as my phone can make talky talky and typey typey, I don't care :shrug: I don't use it for the internet or games anyway.
Then don't get a smartphone. :B
I see no reason for me to have a smartphone. Last year I got an LG 231C flip phone. Great battery life, and it makes calls and texts. That's all I need. For multimedia, I have a laptop and an MP3 player.
Then don't get one. :B
Man, I want a S3 too. :iconsadtardplz:
I have an awesome tablet so I don't care if I have a shitty gov't issues phone.
See, I don't get tablets. If I want a big screen, I'll use my laptop and if I want to do fun stuff, I'll use my phone. I can't fit a tablet in my pocket, so it's not as portable as my phone. I don't know. If it works for you, who am I to complain?
my tablet is basically my laptop because my current one sucks.
Yeah, actually, that makes tons of sense. :lol:
I still don't get why everyone wants a smartphone. My regular phone can call people, send texts, note appointments/alarms, and a bunch of other crap I never use. That's all I need from a phone, and I find it hard to imagine what else you could conceivably NEED. I just don't even. D:

Also, people who review reviews are stupid. #factnotopinion
I use my smartphone as a mini computer. It's helpful when you don't want to lug your laptop around everywhere but still want easier access to the internet. Not everybody needs a smartphone but some people find it pretty convenient.

I can't really call my iPod a smartphone though can I? I mean I text and everything on it so it pretty much is... D:
I'm on my phone right now. I almost never turn on my laptop anymore, except to use word processors. It cuts out a step and makes my online life easier. You're right, I don't need it. But I do prefer it.
Hmm, fair point. I do a lot of gaming on my laptop, in addition to all my uni work and general browsing, so I couldn't manage it your way, but if you just use it for on-the-go style browsing, I could definitely see the advantage.
I think, if I had a smartphone, I'd use it for texting, calling, and maybe facebook/cracked if I were REALLY bored. But instead, I spend most of my spare time at uni doing work that's not due for the next week or so ('cause I find it hard to work at home), and then when I'm at home, my laptop's right there, so I doubt the phone'd get much use lol. I guess I never considered browsing as an option even, my bad. :lol: