November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 132
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:icontrollfaceplz:
No, it's just the title that cunter.

The thread is actually a real enough complaint.
It's not just men that do this either, nor do men always do this, but wouldn't that make a boring thread title?

Anyway:
I was discussing in the comments of a Huff blog. The topic was rape, and there was a specific location to where it happened.
The woman writing the blog was a wedding planner, who had often experienced, and seen her female staff expeerience, varying degrees of sexual harassment. The latest incident was a very horrid attack on a staff member.

In comes a male commenter, saying that the area it happened in did not have problems with sexual harassment, and it was safe to walk the streets there (which, you know, was kind of a bold statement, since the blog depicted a horrible sexual attack on those very streets.)

I reply, that
1. All countries, even those ranked as best for women, have instances of rape etc. No place was completely free from that.
2. Since he (the commenter James) was a man, he might not have had the experiences that women have while walking the street.
3. That his lack of these experiences do not invalidate the experiences of others.

That, apparently, was bigoted and sexist and horrible, and apparently I said that no men can understand anything that happens to women.
I thought I had pointed out one fact, tentatively stated that different people have different experiences, and reminded him that just because sexual harassment has never happened to him doesn't determine whether or not they happen to others. But I guess not...

Now, this could have been on any other topic, and the idiot been a woman, but this was the latest example, and I felt like complaining.

Why don't people:
- FUCKING READ WHAT IS WRITTEN? When people use qualifiers like 'might', 'some', 'could', etc., they are doing so for a reason! Ignoring these qualifiers, they're ignoring the intended message, ffs.
- STOP THINKING THAT THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES DETERMINE THE EXPERIENCES OTHERS HAVE? Again, to anyone who might think so: You are not the centre of the universe. Just because you haven't seen/don't understand/don't like something, doesn't automatically make it non-existent/invalid/wrong.

Tl;dr: My panties are all bunched. Again.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongman313:
>Looks at all of the bolded words and odd post format

>Scared

>Goes to TL;DR

Oh ok. :|
Svataben Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I might as well be honest. :lol:
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
The main issues are that people hate reading and that people want the world to revolve around them.
So true.
:icon0rg:
huffington post, there's your problem
I dunno, I tend to find a nice amount of sensible people in the comments there usually.
:iconash-ketchum09:
ash-ketchum09 Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I hate when people ignore qualifiers. Maybe they're massive cunts?
I think that's a valid guess! :lol:
:iconyaotl:
See? Men are really the root of all troubles. I mean, all of our aches and pains start with men! That's why it's called "menstruation"!

And while we're at it, do you know why we say "semester"? Because men can't keep their filthy semen off of us! They are gross, disgusting and smelly! Every war was started by a man! EVERY SINGLE ONE! No woman ruler was ever cruel! None! (Who's Bloody Mary? What?)

Also, mancooties! :ohnoes:
Add a Comment: