November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

Teaching as a Means of Self-Preservation

:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
:iconlesighplz:

So a few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to apply for a commission job at a computer repair shop. I went in, did the interview, got the job. I did my training as I was supposed to. Then after that, nothing. My boss has had nothing for me to do, and half the time isn't even around. So I have nothing to work on; thus I'm making no money. None.

And the problem is, there aren't any other jobs in this area. The only jobs right now are in education. And what I've noticed is there is always jobs in education, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Here's what I see when I look at those education jobs: Until a market actually opens up for the people a teacher is trying to teach, the teacher is really teaching them to become the teachers of the next generation. It's an endless cycle of taking the same job and passing it on from year to year without anything to show for it.

And don't get me wrong. I love teachers; I've had some amazing teachers and professors who I still look up to, even to this day. But it's absolutely pointless when there's nothing at all to branch out from. It's like you learn a skill, but the only way you can apply it is by teaching others that skill. And that annoys me to no end.

TL;DR: I want to work and there's nothing for me to do at the moment. I blame the system.

Devious Comments

:icondapineapple:
DaPineapple Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Closed by OP request. :lock:
:icondezenerate:
Dezenerate Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I blame obmabobo
:iconsweetnspooky:
SweetNspooky Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well its same in Quebec there . but we we got that Harper asshole wich gives all the money to canada :( Its not just cause of Obamabobo its same here XD
Regardless of who's in the OA, Congress hasn't been doing good either and it partially to blame for the nation's economic woes. Yet they seem to, more often than not, get off scot free. Why is that?
:icondezenerate:
Dezenerate Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
obrambo has been leachign $$$ from the Start. :| fueling his sick drug addicitons. Why else would he legalize weed?
:iconsweetnspooky:
SweetNspooky Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
lol. Dafuq was that? If id be president id like make Alcohol banned and weed Legalized. People on boozes are true dangerous assholes, drink and drive, violence, peeing everywhere , vomiting . Someone high on weeds ? is going to fall asleep while watching a movie
At least the deficit is going down now.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Has it ever crossed your mind that you could just waltz over to the nearest temp agency and apply there? That's how I got my current job.
My area doesn't have one that anybody knows of.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You apparently aren't good at looking for jobs because it's HARD for teacher's to find good jobs.

You also need all skills taught to get good jobs, and not just teaching it to others :roll:
Add a Comment: