Making Art for Money = WHORE

Isn't it funny how some people think getting paid for making art is apparently the same as prostitution?

Seriously...Something about that just offends me slightly, considering I might want to do commissions (don't laugh; I know some people who would pay me).

I find it slightly offensive as well for those that are already doing commissions...Seriously...Making pretty pictures for money is just as good a service as flipping burgers. Some people are just idiots sometimes. This happened in real life, by the way. I talked to some guy about art, and he apparently was of the opinion I am complaining about.
Comments134
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
IT'S WHORE TIME~

That's it. :B
Hiryu you dirty whore you. :eyes:
Oh baby...You want some o' dis, don't you? :iconeyesplz:

(I think we get along better here, by the way.)
wait so you find it stupid to have commissions but you want to open them
That makes no sense.
That would be someone else that said that if you had read the OP.
URmm, I did.
But I honestly couldn't understand you were saying that somebody else said that.
Quick question. Does this piece show that I am improving in my art?

I am trying something way out of my comfort zone, and that is using expressions, something I haven't done in a long while. Considering the painting will have four subjects, total, I expect I will have a lot of layers to work with. Having to name all of them will be a pain in the ass...

So...What should I add in the background?

Finally, do you guys think I have talent? My honest answer from me is YES, I do. It's okay if you think otherwise, but I just would like to know the reason why you think the way you do, and be honest about it.
its better...than your older stuff to a certain extent.
but I hardly see how this is way out of your comfort zone, now drawing something from real life, THAT would be a good thing to do outside your comfort zone instead of all the same cartoony stuff. or even experimenting with a totally different style. or a totally different body type for godsake.

add some more trees to make it a forest, most pokemon shit happens in the woods it seems, also darken the horrizon line, I told you to that with your other drawings like a year ago.

also talent would imply that you have natural ability you did not have to work much to obtain. You do not have much of that, but you can always learn and improve, ON THE CONDITION that you are open minded and take your process seriously.
And I do take my process seriously. It can take hours before I get a pose right, but you're right. Maybe throwing in different style here and there would be better than the usual cartoony stuff. Besides, there's nothing wrong with something like semi-realism, right? I can do that, or at least try to.
It's been a while since I got to hop on the whore train.

Lazer nips.

Pumpkin pleasuring

Public indecency.

Loli(?)

Just because.
:icontubgirl2plz::iconstranglebunnyplz:
:iconhiryugoukiplz::iconsaysplz:I'm looKinG at YoUr BunnY
Not new, really. :)
It isn't, which is kind of a reinforcer for the bummer factor of this complaint.

Devious Deviants

When ~Erysne said to me that at ~DawnsBreak only *prosaix would set me free.

It turned my world around, straight into a =Midnight-Dreary

If only I could =MasterInsanity

My *PuzzledHeartBox crinched at the thoughts of what this ~Penhuin's ~SanguineLaw could be.

~LudwigvanKickass2 advised me to play my ~ElectricDidgeridoo, said the ~kitsumekat would appear to me too.

Alas t’was but =Smoppet who appeared before me, said not even ~LegendarySuperman would save me from ~MorbidiaDrekk.

So here we are.. waiting on *prosaix the ~waist-of-time to shake my hourglass upside down.

But I’ve just got time enough to ~WiggleWaddle my ~Ninjaslug, and =KissTheSunrise goodbye. As ~shadee cast me within the abyss of :devwhitediv

Prosaix and The Relic of Ancient Powers

And so upon a midnight dreary, *prosaix set out on a search to reclaim its superiority over the complaints forum. Lately its trolling skills had dropped tremendously, they were but a fraction of what they once used to be. No longer skills of legend, no longer noteworthy, no they’ve become but a figment of their former glory.

Alas my hot body and rosebud belly button are all that is left of me, it said while staring at the horizon shedding a tear of frustration.

New trolls are rising up, tearing down my empire brick by boring brick.

Tears flow freely when *prosaix thinks of what is lost and what used to be.

Yes, even the great *prosaix has emotions, though they are rarely shown, always under trolling powers hidden from a normal eye to see.

Geoffrey and Henrietta

"Geoffrey and Henrietta", by =KittyTaymar78 and *PuzzledHeartBox. Original can be found here: http://comments.deviantart.com/18/1751405/2625270530 Like a brass bra in winter who had gone unwashed for what seemed like a century, Henrietta stared at the moon while thinking of her husband, Geoffrey. How her husband never complained much, not even about her lingering odour of decay. Still, she had been dead for nearly a week, so some odour was to be expected. He suffocated her, and started brewing a new perfume with her remains; He was going to call it Espirit de Corpse. Something so ridiculously special and delicious that even Channel N°5 would smell ordinary. He rubbed his hands together and thought of the riches he would accumulate. After all, he could just farm the production out to some third-world country and then watch the profits mount up. He was so excited that he nearly orgasmed. He shouted for joy as he pulled his dead wife

deviantART? More like slut-viantART.
:iconmegustaplz: I feel so dirty.
:iconbikiniplz:

Allow us to hire you like one of our french artists?
Oh you dirty bitch. :iconteheplz:

Her arm looks weird, by the way. :paranoid:
Back in the early 00's, I used to do a lot of naughty Yaoi-type commissions. So people were paying me to do drawings which would get them off. So I sort of was an art prostitute in a rather literal sense, when you think about it. Yeah. I dunno :lol:

In all seriousness though, I can't stand some self-righteous "artists" who get all high and mighty over you because you make a few bucks from your art and accuse you of being some sort of "sell out".
Ahh shit my little comment is uncomfortably wedged between 2 comments of thumbs.
TAKE THAT
Did someone say whore?
I can see him making an argument for it, but it still seems ridiculous. Also for once I can see that as reasonable thingfor someone to get offended over, which is saying a lot in Complaints. So you deserve a:

:highfive: for not being a little bitch.