Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 133

Making Art for Money = WHORE

:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Isn't it funny how some people think getting paid for making art is apparently the same as prostitution?

Seriously...Something about that just offends me slightly, considering I might want to do commissions (don't laugh; I know some people who would pay me).

I find it slightly offensive as well for those that are already doing commissions...Seriously...Making pretty pictures for money is just as good a service as flipping burgers. Some people are just idiots sometimes. This happened in real life, by the way. I talked to some guy about art, and he apparently was of the opinion I am complaining about.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchibi-con:
chibi-con Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
IT'S WHORE TIME~

That's it. :B
:iconcherryorchid:
CherryOrchid Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hiryu you dirty whore you. :eyes:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Oh baby...You want some o' dis, don't you? :iconeyesplz:

(I think we get along better here, by the way.)
:iconbleedlings:
bleedlings Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
wait so you find it stupid to have commissions but you want to open them
That makes no sense.
That would be someone else that said that if you had read the OP.
:iconbleedlings:
bleedlings Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
URmm, I did.
But I honestly couldn't understand you were saying that somebody else said that.
Quick question. Does this piece show that I am improving in my art?

I am trying something way out of my comfort zone, and that is using expressions, something I haven't done in a long while. Considering the painting will have four subjects, total, I expect I will have a lot of layers to work with. Having to name all of them will be a pain in the ass...

So...What should I add in the background?

Finally, do you guys think I have talent? My honest answer from me is YES, I do. It's okay if you think otherwise, but I just would like to know the reason why you think the way you do, and be honest about it.
:iconchieftx:
Chieftx Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
its better...than your older stuff to a certain extent.
but I hardly see how this is way out of your comfort zone, now drawing something from real life, THAT would be a good thing to do outside your comfort zone instead of all the same cartoony stuff. or even experimenting with a totally different style. or a totally different body type for godsake.

add some more trees to make it a forest, most pokemon shit happens in the woods it seems, also darken the horrizon line, I told you to that with your other drawings like a year ago.

also talent would imply that you have natural ability you did not have to work much to obtain. You do not have much of that, but you can always learn and improve, ON THE CONDITION that you are open minded and take your process seriously.
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
And I do take my process seriously. It can take hours before I get a pose right, but you're right. Maybe throwing in different style here and there would be better than the usual cartoony stuff. Besides, there's nothing wrong with something like semi-realism, right? I can do that, or at least try to.
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's been a while since I got to hop on the whore train.

Lazer nips.

Pumpkin pleasuring

Public indecency.

Loli(?)

Just because.
Add a Comment: