do people really think this about fantasy writers????

I can't believe someone would be such a jerk! Oh wait, actually I can . . . but still. It's definitely NOT AT ALL A NICE THING TO SAY.

So I haven't been on this website in a long time. I used to have my stories posted here. But I deleted them when I left. Now I am back, and so I am uploading the edited versions of my story.

Well I decide to take a break and go and look through the newest journals about fantasy. And what do I see?! Someone being an ASSHOLE, that's what.

Basically they're saying fantasy writers are ALL boring people who have no life and no creativity. WELL GUESS WHAT? Fantasy is pretty OBVIOUSLY like WAAAAAAY more creative than real life genres. I mean think about it. It's got freaking magic in it. How is that NOT creative?

How is writing about boring everyday more creative? SENSE, YOU NO MAKE IT.

Really, this is why I hate non-fantasy. They're the biggest hypocrites ever! Thinking fantasy is boring . . . uhh yeah, like two dragons fighting during a comet-storm while wizards who are sexy Valkyries riding on their backs cast lightning spells could somehow be boring.

See for yourself if you want to. But I warn you. This person is a REAL asshole. [link]
Comments1774
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So this thread is till going, huh? I thought it died weeks ago.
Well people keep posting in it.
True. I just expected people to move on.
Also, I see you have a new icon.
Yeah it reminds me of Safir, the main character from my story. You can read it in the link in my siggie. ^_^
You make it easy.
fantasy is pretty great.

if you do it right.

you put pointy ears on a species and call them elf, you are doing it wrong.

science fiction writers create their own species all the time, I expect fantasy writers to at least do the same!
They may be an asshole, but I'd take Stephen King over J.K. Rowling or Tolkien. The Towers series by him is incredible, and the ending is totally unpredictible, as is the rest of the story. It's about seven 900 page or so books, but it doesn't drag on and on about the fucking grass and the trees.:lol:
I bet fucking Prosaix resurrected this piece of shit thread
No... I didn't. Can't you see-on her sig she says she blocked me. :|
I knew you resurrected it.
Did you expect anything less?
No, I expected more.
What more is there?
View all replies
:lol:

Might as well give the OP all the grief they can get!
They're still pissy over this and it's like a beautiful train wreck that never seems to end.
:lol:

I know, I wonder when it will end! She could be put in the record books for the longest grudge!
A part of me hopes it never ends. ~witwitch recent got a DD and ~The-Vibeke lost her shit. Again. I mean seriously, suck it up. She's a better writer and she's allowed to have her opinions (especially when she backs them up with very valid points).
I know, I seen that. OP even wrote a butthurt journal about her DD award! :rofl:
And she doesn't even get why no one is agreeing with her blindly. :lol:
Fun fact: everyone is entitled to their opinion. Any genre can get boring and repetitive, so don't get your panties in a bunch over someone stating what they think.
I like fantasy too, but that criticism is valid. A lot of fantasy works like to crib off of Tolkien, and no matter how "awesome" a concept is it'll get boring if it's done a million times. You can be creative in pretty much any subject, not just fantasy.
so I just played cave story for the first time, and I saw the toaster in the bubble and was like

"HOLY SHIT I'V SEEN THIS SOMEWHERE, BUT WHERE????"